Has Onestopphoneshop.co.uk got best offer?

Guest Aonz

Orange told me that there was no way I could keep my number on a new orange contract, no problem going to another provider, but the only way to keep your number on orange is to upgrade, which obviously costs a lot more.

Kevlar

To the people who know they are getting their phone tomorrow:

Can you tell me what your order status says on the onestop website :?: 

Thanks

Yeah they don't give out website information (eg ur customer number etc) if you order on the phone, i didnt ask either, was too busy bugging them to find out when they were getting them ;)

If you've ordered online try ringing them and asking if they can confirm your order status :lol:

Guest frinkiac
To the people who know they are getting their phone tomorrow:

Can you tell me what your order status says on the onestop website :?: 

Thanks

I don't know for definite when mine's arriving, but yesterday it said something like "Awaiting Delivery, Awaiting Despatch, Awaiting Connection To Mobile Network".

Today it just says "Awaiting Connection To Mobile Network". I'm hoping those two have been taken off because it's on it's way (may seem obvious but I won't get too excited until it's in my hands) :lol:

Guest psneddon

My order said "Awaiting Connection To Mobile Network" untill around 18:30 yesterday then it changed to despatched.

I'm working 12hr shifts untill monday so won't be able to collect it from the post office untill then :lol:

Paul

Should be getting mine on Friday - spoke to someone from OSPS earlier, who said that they'd been waiting on Orange to get back to them between 6pm and 10pm to give the go-ahead for a new connection, which didn't happen.

Funny how CPW managed it within 3 minutes at 8pm :roll:

Guest girobank

PAC code is only for switching network. The only time it is for the same network, is when you carry number from pay and go to contract or visa-versa.

This does however leave open the question, could you switch to pay and go, then a couple of days later, PAC that number back to contract as a new connection, thus getting the benefits of an upgrade?

Guest salfordred

WHAT A GREAT MOVE BY ORANGE !!!!

My contact was due to expire in December, and I was on a package that included 200 x-network mins, and 50 texts @ £30 a month. I wanted a MXP200 and more text messages, so I cancelled my Orange contract and ordered from mobileshop.com. This gave me my free phone, 200 x-network mins, and 2000 free text messages to be used over 6 months. The downside being that I had to change my number.

Orange had told me that they couldn't offer me an MXP200 as an upgrade (blah blah blah).

UNTIL.....

Orange called me yesterday and offered me a free upgrade to a MXP200, and then offered me the 6000 texts over the year which are normally reserved for new contracts. I get to keep my number too.

QUALITY !!!!

Surely if they use a PAC number to transfer a PAYG number internally to a contract it could also be used to transfer a monthly con to another monthly con.

So if I phone up Orange and ask for a PAC and let them think I'm changing networks but then get a E200 from OneStopPhoneShop and say that I'm bringing a number with me and give the PAC code what do you think the chances are that the peeps at Orange overlook the fact that I used to be an old customer and won't question anything?