MacOSX

This homescreen works excellently, perhaps one of the best written screens I've used.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aw, shucks! :oops:

Thank you, and I'm glad you liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest banjobill
Amazing...truely amazing.

I don't think I've ever been as impressed with such a simple thing as a homescreen.

Top Job

Keep em coming if you can!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I fact whilst I'm on with it.

Just had a go and shortcuts to City Time and SP Task Manager and they don't work :x

coming up with "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename".

Could it be anything to do with where I saved them?? (onto my phone)

Is anyone who has an MPx220 having issues trying to install. It fails due to lack of Digital signature which I find odd since no other HS had that issue so far.

@banjobill - you can change any of the shortcuts simply by editing the xml file. Cahnge the path of the RJshortcut plugin to reflect where your apps are.

@ppcmd - I dunno about the mpx, but you need to decertify SPV's to install themes with extra screens.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rashidkhan

Hello Guys! I have tried to install this homescreen on my e200 but it just says failed to install because of insufficient priviledges.

I have application unlocked my phone way before and all else works fine. I have also unlocked the spv (temp) via the rom solution.

I have installed all other plugins mentioned, all else installs ok, i just cant get to install the MacOsX. I so want to install this. Can anyone please help? also do i click on where the post says FILE or do i click the 2002 file mentioned below (i think the 2002 is for older versions etc) i even have tried to install that one but it says the same thing.

HALP! please!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest sweefeng
[11]screenshots.gif</a>

File Name :: MacOSX

Author :: drblow

Category :: Computer

Description ::

FEATURES

Just a bit of a collage of Mac OsX backgrounds & icons etc gleaned from the web, and resized for smartphones, with a bit of mac style shadowing on some of the text!!  8)

2 xml versions will install with the CAB file, both use the same layout, but version B has the default calendar plugin, while the main version uses the scrolling appointments plugin by sullivanpt (available HERE).  Also uses RJshortcuts plugin (available HERE), DrFonz's smartmonitor plugin (available HERE), Oxios tasks plugin (available HERE), and the media player plugin (available HERE).

This version is currently for C500/e200 only, as it uses the e200 Orange plugin quite extensively for the side scrolling shortcut tabs in the middle, and the weblinks.

I have attatched an Xbar skin to match the theme, and I'm currently working on an SMS-Notify skin too, which I'll add once I get it sorted!

I think thats it really - as usual just install all the necessary <a href=http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714><a href=http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins</a></a>, then install the CAB file, and it should be fine.

Enjoy!  ;)

** EDIT: I have released a version of this theme for non-orange phones/2002 devices.  The CAB file is in the 1st post of the discussion thread!  ;)

Updated Fri, Jan 14 2005 4:16 pm

View File

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool

Guest drblow
This theme will not work with the mpx200, causes the system to crash and freeze.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats why I wrote in the original post that this theme was for C500/e200 only. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iRidiumX
Thats why I wrote in the original post that this theme was for C500/e200 only.  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey drblow,

i would like to know, if it is possible to put the time and date in that small little square area above the system monitor instead of cramping them all at the top?

I would also like to konw, what do u guys use to edit the xml files? notepad?

thanks.

Guest drblow

Hello IridiumX, and welcome to modaco! :D

It certainly would be possible to move the time display, however, it would probably involve quite alot of reorganising of the rest of the screen, which would also mean moving the graphics around. That could become a big job.

I use notepad to edit xml. Have a search through some of the posts on the forum about xml editing & homescreens. If it interests you then the best way to start is to simply begin rearranging another homescreen, and you're welcome to do whatever you like to any of mine! ;)

Guest iRidiumX
Hello IridiumX, and welcome to modaco!  ;)

It certainly would be possible to move the time display, however, it would probably involve quite alot of reorganising of the rest of the screen, which would also mean moving the graphics around.  That could become a big job.

I use notepad to edit xml.  Have a search through some of the posts on the forum about xml editing & homescreens.  If it interests you then the best way to start is to simply begin rearranging another homescreen, and you're welcome to do whatever you like to any of mine!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks dude! i did some minor adjustment. :D i got a very long carrarier name. therefore the top looks way to weird with everything up there. But i did alot of try and error. i.e. editted in notepad, transfer to phone, then change to another theme before switching back. else i cant see the new changes. My question is, is there a simplier way to see the changes?

tried installing the home screen designer. but it did not respond half way through the installation.

Guest drblow

Nope. There's no other way of refreshing the homescreen except to change it to somehting else, then back again. Someone a long time ago made a RAPI config app which refreshed the homescreen, but I never used it myself. If you dig around the forums you might find it, but I just stick with changing screens.

What operator are you on? I can't think of any settings to change the operator name, but there is a tweak in the tweak of the week section.

Guest iRidiumX
Nope.  There's no other way of refreshing the homescreen except to change it to somehting else, then back again.  Someone a long time ago made a RAPI config app which refreshed the homescreen, but I never used it myself.  If you dig around the forums you might find it, but I just stick with changing screens.

What operator are you on?  I can't think of any settings to change the operator name, but there is a tweak in the tweak of the week section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

starhub-sgp haha.. it eats up half of the width already. ;)

btw, can i knwo you did the 'shadow' effect? thanks :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.