Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest RussellH

If I'm honest I am equally hacked off. What keeps me cool is the fact that despite all the problems, all the Orange staff I've spoken to remain consistantly polite and helpful. I've always found their service to be excellent and consider this to be a one-off. I'm not happy believe me, but keeping calm usually gets the best results. I'm sure Orange don't want to upset us this much. There has to be an explanation. I just wish they'd tell us.

Guest dazultra2000

Well what really sucks is that I HAVE had the phone, got used to it, tweaked it, fallen in love with it, and now it's been taken from me, and for all I know, I may never ever see one again.

It's like having a beloved pet go missing, and then your parents buy you another one instead...only you know full well it will never be as good as your original.

I'm using the P910i less, on general principle that I don't actually want to use it. If I had my M2000 I'd use it so much more, thus making Orange more money...

...I guess they don't think about that though.

EDIT: Interesting that the liberate M2000s are being shipped now. My colleague was lucky enough to get nominated for the M2000...I got the C500 - which has since disappeared somewhere :S

Edited by dazultra2000

Guest sganatra

I'm apparently on a waiting list for an upgrade, and have been since mid December. I called up yesterday and got my PAC code.

Now if the phone DOES come in before my PAC expires (if i dont use it), do you think Orange will still call me to tell me that my phone is ready? Maybe they will think that as i have asked for my PAC that i no longer require the phone? :roll:

Please post on here peeps if you get a call back for an upgrade.

Guest dazultra2000

Maybe they need to put a big warning on the website saying "WARNING. DO NOT TAKE INSURANCE ON THIS PHONE AS WE HAVE NONE TO REPLACE IT WITH."

Guest alanrenouf
I'm apparently on a waiting list for an upgrade, and have been since mid December. I called up yesterday and got my PAC code.

Now if the phone DOES come in before my PAC expires (if i dont use it), do you  think Orange will still call me to tell me that my phone is ready? Maybe they will think that as i have asked for my PAC that i no longer require the phone?  :roll:

I would ring them back and let them know that you are leaving as you can get the MDA III on T-Mobile, ask them to put you on a list for ring back if they get the handset in. Thats what I did, they now have until 24th Feb to sort themselves out !! :twisted:

Guest sganatra

Yeah, along with 'please dont ask for this phone cause our staff know nothing about its existence, or if they do then all that can tell you is that there are none in stock'.

Guest sganatra
I would ring them back and let them know that you are leaving as you can get the MDA III on T-Mobile, ask them to put you on a list for ring back if they get the handset in.  Thats what I did, they now have until 24th Feb to sort themselves out !!  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what i did in the 1st place except the last time i called up to confirm that i was on a list, i was told that no such thing existed until the start of last week, and would i like to be added to it.

I was meant to be on some list since the middle of Dec. That was the final straw. 7 years with Orange with monthly spendings over £100, and they didn't even try and twist my arm to stay. The guy said he has done loads of disconnections due to the M2000.

I told him straight that customers get pee'd off when everytime they call they get a different answer. He agreed and explained that it wasn't OCS's fault and that everything that we get told, they get told from above.

Oh well, dont even know wether to call them back.

Really cant deal with the stress.

Guest inspectorgadjet

I just had a call from the Southampton Orange shop. The guy said they had received 5 in stock. It's a bit late now as I've had my MDA III for a couple of weeks. He did mention that he had 15 people waiting for the M2000s, so I was more than happy to tell him to send my reserved one on to someone else.

Guest MrOrangeShop

Sent out from new handset stock.

Business stores should be getting deliveries (in multiples of five) over the next couple of days. Other stores to follow v.soon.

Guest blackhorse
Sent out from new handset stock.

Business stores should be getting deliveries (in multiples of five) over the next couple of days. Other stores to follow v.soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent, lets hope we get stock! Ive got 7 customers waiting!

May just call Albion and ask to pinch their supply

i have picked up my m2000 from orange business store in Telford at 15.30

looks nice, no lateral keyboard movement windows software version 4.21.1088(build 14132) bluetooth verson 1.0 build 3500

Guest raiderz
looks nice, no lateral keyboard movement windows software version 4.21.1088(build 14132) bluetooth verson 1.0 build 3500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ROM versions does it have on ?

Guest RussellH

OK that's it. I've been speaking to a guy in Orange's media department over the last week or so. He assured me I would have my M2000 sometime this week - it's now Friday and I haven't heard a thing. Despite numerous calls to the replacement phone department, they continue to say the device is out of stock, with no satisfactory explanation as to why. It's been nearly five weeks now. I phoned the media guy again yesterday. He promised to call me back and didn't. I am now preparing a feature on this issue for broadcast on radio, and while he has declined to come on air to discuss the matter personally, I'm going ahead with the feature regardless. I've avoided making negative comments on air about Orange up until now, mainly because I've considered them to be a good company who care about their customers. I'm now beginning to wonder. The main issues I believe are:

* Orange charging insurance for a device they cannot replace, despite having stocks available for new customers.

* Their inability to give any reason for their problems obtaining stocks of the device.

* The inconsistancy with regard to what customers are told each time they contact Orange about stocks of the M2000.

The initial feature is for an independent local radio programme in the London area, and I'm able to use my own experiences as a basis for this, together with those of a couple of disgruntled listeners in a similar position to me. I am however also involved with some consumer affairs programmes with the BBC. I believe these programmes are likely to have more clout, and more likely to get answers. The producers of these programmes are interested in investigating these issues, but we need specific examples of more customers who are suffereing as a result of Orange's inability to provide satisfactory service to their customers. I appreciate that people may not wish to post all their details here. If you would like to be part of this investigation, please PM me with details of your situation, together with your name, county you live in, and mobile phone number concerned. We will then take your case up directly with Orange.

Thank you.

Guest dazultra2000

You're finally seeing it my way. I will PM you my phone number and hopefully we can get somewhere with this.

I told you that they were lying!

Guest RussellH

Thanks guys. Keep them coming.

I must stress that this is the last straw for me. I'm only taking this action, as I feel there's nothing else to do. Regular Modaco members will know I've always been first to defend Orange, and have regularly commented positively about them on these forums. In fact, I still believe that Orange customer service staff are a real credit to them. They are only saying what they know. My gripe is not with them. I wish to remain an Orange customer. I do not want to leave and go elsewhere. I believe Orange to be essentially a good company, but one who have failed me and many others on this occasion. It happens to the best of companies. I'm just looking to get this resolved, and believe a little bit of bad publicity will give them the kick up the backside they need. Believe me, I've given them plenty of good publicity in the past, both on here and on the radio.

Guest alanrenouf

Just ordered my MDA III from T-Mobile, im fed up with the rubbish from Orange.

In a funny/sick kind of way it is amusing that when i log into my onestopphoneshop account it says that they are awaiting the handset into there warehouse !?!?!

Anybody know when they are likely to get them ? I bet Orange ring me now !

I believe Orange to be essentially a good company, but one who have failed me and many others on this occasion.  It happens to the best of companies.  I'm just looking to get this resolved, and believe a little bit of bad publicity will give them the kick up the backside they need. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said that man. PM sent

Guest Darkfire
Just ordered my MDA III from T-Mobile, im fed up with the rubbish from Orange.

In a funny/sick kind of way it is amusing that when i log into my onestopphoneshop account it says that they are awaiting the handset into there warehouse !?!?!

Anybody know when they are likely to get them ?  I bet Orange ring me now !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Join the club...been like that since 26th Jan when I ordered mine