Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest ichilton

I don't believe it!!

I just called retentions and asked if it had been dispatched and they said the phone was out of stock. I said that I was told by 2 people on Friday that it was in stock and when I ordered it they said it would be here Tues/Wed. They said it's out of stock and i'm on the list to get a call when it comes in - not again!!!! *sigh*

I said i'd read that someone had collected one from a local store and got credited back - they said this was not possible.

Aussie Chick -> how did you get it free? - how much do you pay per month?

--ian

Guest ichilton

humm, I called back and they said it's showing on the system as order completed. I asked for a consignment number - he went away and came back and said there was no consignment number on the web system but he gave me their "order delivery number".

I've emailed Parceline with my address asking if they have a package in their system for that address and asking the consignment number..

--ian

Guest Aussie Chick
I don't believe it!!

I just called retentions and asked if it had been dispatched and they said the phone was out of stock. I said that I was told by 2 people on Friday that it was in stock and when I ordered it they said it would be here Tues/Wed. They said it's out of stock and i'm on the list to get a call when it comes in - not again!!!! *sigh*

I said i'd read that someone had collected one from a local store and got credited back - they said this was not possible.

Aussie Chick -> how did you get it free? - how much do you pay per month?

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm on a price Match promise O2 Max, so I pay £75 line rental for 1000 mins and 50 txt. Often I go over this!

Aussie Chick

Guest ichilton
I pay roughly £70 monthly and was offered it for free!
I'm on a price Match promise O2 Max, so I pay £75 line rental for 1000 mins and 50 txt.

Ah, ok - that must be why you got offered it for free then. My bill is only about £35/month.

--ian

Guest Aussie Chick
Ah, ok - that must be why you got offered it for free then. My bill is only about £35/month.

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ian, i wish mine were cheaper!! Now with my new toy, Orange are probably loving it! my bills will just go up!

Ggood luck getting a m2000

AC

Guest ichilton
ian, i wish mine were cheaper!! Now with my new toy, Orange are probably loving it! my bills will just go up!

Ggood luck getting a m2000

hehe, thanks!

--ian

Ian

My bills are £35-40 and I was originally offered the M2000 for free in December, when I rang a couple of weeks ago to chase it up, was told it couldn't be done for that and £115 was the best they could do. (still no stock though, of course!)

Ian

Guest ichilton
when I rang a couple of weeks ago to chase it up, was told it couldn't be done for that and £115 was the best they could do.

Yep - that's what they quoted me. I got them to do me a deal on a tarrif though as well and it went up to £165.

--ian

Guest sganatra
Yep - that's what they quoted me. I got them to do me a deal on a tarrif though as well and it went up to £165.

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feel like crying! :cry:

Guest alanrenouf

Leave Orange they said, go to onestopphoneshop and order a MDAIII they said !!!

I may have a bit of de ja vu, that’s great, now instead of Orange telling me the unit will be in next week I have onestop telling it me instead.

Is the M2000/MDAIII really worth it ?

Guest sganatra
Leave Orange they said, go to onestopphoneshop and order a MDAIII they said !!!

I may have a bit of de ja vu, that’s great, now instead of Orange telling me the unit will be in next week I have onestop telling it me instead.

Is the M2000/MDAIII really worth it ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I know what will happen. I will get my phone and then they will release the updated version a day later.

They call it 'sod's law' and i am SOD!

Guest adamski
I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I know what will happen. I will get my phone and then they will release the updated version a day later.

They call it 'sod's law' and i am SOD!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pick mine up from Orange in Nottingham in the morning... even got a good number with it 8)

traded ina couple of cruddy old phones got loads of bells and whistles PLUS a second Nokia thing with sim for...... £40 :lol:

I really am impressed with the standard package with this phone... the 3g phones we have "left a little to be desired"... they struggle to supply a charger :roll:

I'm on a price Match promise O2 Max, so I pay £75 line rental for 1000 mins and 50 txt. Often I go over this!

Aussie Chick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aussie Chick, I too drove all the way to canterbury from london today to get my m2000 and was only offered it for £99.99, they said they wouldnt give it free as they were like golddust and could get more money!

I am an 02max £75pm +360 text message bundle, i have been with orange 4yrs since i started my business, regularly fly over my bundle as I use loads of text and MMS messaging.

I have 4 phones attached to my business with gross monthly bills between £300-450pm and they knew all this in the orange shop and still said "sorry £99.99".

I'm peeved that they have created a problem with stock and expect us to pick up on it by holding us to ranson!

Thank u for the info on the refund, i'll be onto cs 2mor for my refund or they can kiss my relationship goodbye!!!!

BTW - Everyone Canterbury Orange had one left in stock!!!!!!!

Guest Wozbacca

i've got a free m2000 assured.

but does anyone know if the "buy at an orange shop and get OCS to refund" actually works? its a bit of a risk as i dont want to throw £100's down the drain.

still waiting for that illusive call back.

Guest RussellH

I'd be surprised if that would work. I don't think I'd risk it myself.

I'm still waiting for the media guy to phone me back. He's become very illusive of late. I shall not give up though.

Also spoken to the replacement handset people again. This time, they're telling me I've got to wait until they get refurbished stock in, which could be ages. This is different to what I was told back in January when I first reported my handset damaged. This echoes what happened to Dazultra2000. The lady there though once again has been extremely helpful and sympathetic, and she's trying to see what she can sort out for me.

I still can't fault the staff at OCS, but my patience with Orange themselves is wearing so thin now.

Guest andyr27
i've got a free m2000 assured.

but does anyone know if the "buy at an orange shop and get OCS to refund" actually works? its a bit of a risk as i dont want to throw £100's down the drain.

still waiting for that illusive call back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange denied all knowledge of refunds yesterday. Orange shops are franchises so not the same legal entity.

Just spoken to a very helpful CSR! Orange is currently updating the Microsoft operating system on their stock of M2000s. I can imagine if this is the case why machines are appearing in such small numbers. Apparently its a security flaw which has stopped them releasing the M2000.

Given the rest of the conversation I am inclined to believe the CSR. Perhaps I should stay on the network.

'Single number' 2 sims & 1 number is only available to corporate customers and was launched in January - only 3 years after Vodafone!

Guest sganatra

This is Bollox! Another day and another new answer from Orange. Where do they get these excuses from?? The Orange ads when you go to the cinema spring to mind cause this is getting sooo pathetic its almost humorous.

Why couldn't they just say that in the first place?? Customers would understand if this was the case. working in IT, i know i would!

Guest andyr27
This is Bollox! Another day and another new answer from Orange. Where do they get these excuses from?? The Orange ads when you go to the cinema spring to mind cause this is getting sooo pathetic its almost humorous.

Why couldn't they just say that in the first place?? Customers would understand if this was the case. working in IT, i know i would!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I almost offered offered to do the software upgrade. Working in the IT sector as well there are very few companies that could get away with this nonsense. The possibility of libel stops me spilling the beans.

Do not buy direct from shop, as aussie chicks apparent deal for a refund i am assured by ocs as inpossible, i did it and have been refused!

after an hour arguing with them the following points were made:-

Orange have lack of stock due to demand!!! - My ass they've lack of stock due to lack of stock, few ppl compared to other handsets r after the m2000!!!

Orange r the only one with the m2000 so theres no point going to 02 etc!!! - they seem to believe the handset is designed and manufactuered by orange not HTC and xda's etc are not at all the same LOL!!!

They do not wish to retain my business of £3-4k per annum regardless of the fact a £100 refund would secure it. - So i'm taking the 2 handsets out of contracts off to 02 or someone else and when the other 2 handsets contracts expire their going also!!!

I cant even cancel my new upgrade contract due to a no 14day money back guarentee on upgrades. - Dont we love these deals?

They've never heard (3cs rep) of Modaco and aussie chick is a liar and anyone claiming they got it free is also lying if they upgraded.

Orange need to take a step back cos as a businessman i would never treat a client with such utter contempt!!!

Guest Wozbacca

well i've secured it for free because i argued with people lots and said it was offered free in november and i wasnt going to accept anything less.

on my account it states that i have been offered it free on the anytime 120 tarrif inc 30 txts. now i usually spend £60 + and i didn't chose that tarrif. but its on the table with the free handset.

what bugs me is the fact that im supposedly on the retentions call back list, and i've been assured that when any come in stock, i'll be notified. but icharlton phoned up on friday, they said they had them in stock and it arrived today aparently. so where was my call back, why were they in stock and not used to fulfil the back orders!

if they'd been straight with us then i wouldn't mind. i dunno who is in charge of it but i wish they'd stick to one story and get it straight.

the refund deal is a no-goer. the orange shop is a different legal entity than orange and so i very much doubt that they'll cross paths to help out "joe customer"

i wish one person at OCS would actually take it upon themselves to find out where these handsets are and what the hold up is and then get an official statement about it.

i've been wanting to speak to retention supervisors but they don't take calls directly aparenlty so numerous emails have been sent to call me back, but nothing...

Guest ichilton
what bugs me is the fact that im supposedly on the retentions call back list, and i've been assured that when any come in stock, i'll be notified. but icharlton phoned up on friday, they said they had them in stock and it arrived today aparently. so where was my call back, why were they in stock and not used to fulfil the back orders!

Yep - I was waiting since December and that's what I was told for over a week (that I was on the call back list, they had a small stock in for back orders and i'd be getting a call any time) and the call back didn't come - on the day I ordered mine, i'd rung in the morning and the lady from retentions went to the supervisor of the call back team and came back and said they are not calling out on the M2000. I asked her to check out why, didn't get a call back so called back at tea time at which she said they were chasing it up but stopped mid sentence and said she had just checked on the computer again and they're showing in stock.

So, it looks like me calling back every few days for over a month worked out well in the end :lol:

--ian