Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Pondrew

Assuming they've got stock you shouldn't regret your decision Neil. I've been deligthted with both the MDA III and my early experiences with T-Mobile.

Was surprised to find their online account info is better then Orange's (you get a breakdown on the main screen of minutes/texts/meg remaining).

Guest andyr27

Daily call today.

Nice herbert told me."..we now have stock..", how much? "....enough for our backlog...". When will I get a call then? "...they started this morning.."

Orange shop demo'd a customer machine to me. Looks like a nifty bit of kit. We enjoyed watching Wayne Rooney goals from the Orange web site. I don't plan on doing much of that but it never the less impressed me.

Stroll on......

Guest jonwood10

M2000 wait is over!!!!

Went to the Orange shop in Derby today, changed my tariff and got the last phone in the shop for £100.

Just hope i dont break it!!!!

Guest blackhorse

Weve got 1 spare.

Im calling a couple of customers in the morning

So let me know tonight if you want it.

You will have to come to Harrogate to get it

Guest pizdyetz77

My local strore has 8 in stock!!!

But . . . . .

If I get it from them as an upgrade I'll need to pay £249.99. The retentions dept offered me an upgrade of £65 last month. The manageress at the store said I should call them and ask them to credit my account with the difference and I can pick it up today. She says this has been done before.

Guess what though? CS say this cannot be done.

Why can't Orange just get some procedures set out that everyone adheres to?

Angry & still waiting . . . .

The manageress at the store said I should call them and ask them to credit my account with the difference and I can pick it up today. She says this has been done before.

Guess what though? CS say this cannot be done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll bet that normally they would do this, but the M2000 is a special case because of the shortages. As others have said, they will swing them towards new contracts first, hence the shops having them. A lot of people turn up on-the-spur-of-the-moment, and they'd need to have stock available otherwise they go to another shop/network that does have stock.

So, they won't credit you. Of course, Orange being Orange, they won't say "we WON'T do that", and instead they'll say "we CAN'T do that".

Has anyone on an upgrade gotten one through retentions recently?

Guest ichilton

Yep - I had been calling every few days since December and I managed to get one ordered last friday - it arrived Tuesday!

--ian

Guest Pondrew

ichilton: was it you that got your new M2000 with the original rom versions? If so, strange that retentions would have one of the originals after so long saying they were out of stock!? :roll:

Guest MrOrangeShop
I'll bet that normally they would do this, but the M2000 is a special case because of the shortages. As others have said, they will swing them towards new contracts first, hence the shops having them. A lot of people turn up on-the-spur-of-the-moment, and they'd need to have stock available otherwise they go to another shop/network that does have stock.

So, they won't credit you. Of course, Orange being Orange, they won't say "we WON'T do that", and instead they'll say "we CAN'T do that".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never ever heard of this being done. If it was it would mean that retentions lost the amount of the credit and the shop made the full margin. Really don't think it would ever happen.

Guest deadphill

Guys

Today I have some interesting news.

Had a phone call from someone who deals with the directors of orange and sorts out their problems. I asked for my £20 credit when I went to the Watford orange store when they told me I could upgrade there and then subsequently couldnt. She then applied it there and then. I also asked to be put onto the tarrif I have wanted for three months when I was trying to get the m2000. I asked why was it not possible to put me onto the tarrif and Ill just wait for the phone to come in.

With all this going on I did take the time out to ask why was it that there was little to no information available on what was happening with the stock? I said although frustrated that I wouldnt have been able to get my phone, I would however have been more happier with a consistant story line and at least some update on what was happening on a week to week basis. I also raised some of the concerns that people had when I was reading through these forums and asked her if she was aware of them! She was funnly enough! She is going to look into the problem that seems to be a lack of communication with orange staff and their management.

Apparently the situation at the moment is that they have had two batches come in from htc. The first batch went through their testing and failed so they were sent back. Looks like the second batch have now been passed because on the positive note I now have an m2000 coming my way on Monday, free of charge! About bloody right too!

So looking through these forums it would appear that by and large that orange have been fairly consistant with their story, although the lack of any information is very frustrating. Being as the person I talked to today reports (skuse the pun!) directly to the directors of orange uk, I think its fair to say that she has taken on board what I had to say and can understand the frustration and has promised me she will be looking into why not everyone at orange isnt singing from the same hymn sheet.

Part of me thinks that as this was such a popular handset that we might not have helped the situation by, albeit unintentionally, pressurising ocs staff for answers they cannot possibly provide us with when they dont know anything themselves.

In the meantime anyone with any queries of their own with a similar story of mine please pm me and I will see if I can pass on your details to her and see if anything can be done. Im not promising anything as I believe I have been very lucky today but I will do my best.

At least I have heard today that orange are taking note of this problem and show signs of trying to recify this situation to prevent it happening again. They can only try.

Cheers

Phill :lol:

Edited by deadphill

Guest RussellH

Excellent news deadphill.

I had an e-mail from Orange yesterday to confirm that they will be contacting all the people who had given me their details following my comments both here and on the radio, so a number of people should be hearing from them very soon.

They have confirmed that the stock problems are indeed due to the unprecedented demand for this device. As someone pointed out much earlier on this thread, I don't think Orange imagined the M2000 would be as popular as it is. I can understand why it is though. It is a fantastic device. Those of us here who've been lucky enough to get our hands on one have been very vocal in praising and recommending it. Many others look to Modaco for opinion and advice before buying or upgrading (I know I do). It's also the first windows powered mobile that includes an 8-way joypad that does just about everything and isn't riddled with bugs. That's why I got it!

It looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Guest dazultra2000

Again, I still don't think it's gonna happen. Not after all this time. Or if they do call me, it will be to say "sorry, you wont get one till we get refurbs in"

but given oranges 0/13 callback record, I don't hold any hopes.

Guest sganatra

Just called Orange again.

Now they are saying that they found a fault with the phones and are waiting for a new batch.

When i asked when i will get my upgrade, she said sometime this month......hopefully.

I have been waiting since mid december for a poxy upgrade and am now extremely pissed off, especially when the CSR's say, 'i can imagine how frustrating this must be sir'.

No! you bloody dont!

Guest raiderz
Now they are saying that they found a fault with the phones and are waiting for a new batch.

Hmmmmm wonder if us who got our M2000's in December or in ichilton's case this week with Rom version 1.12 have the so called "faulty" batch.... if thats really the case... i smell a strong smell of something that comes out the rear of bulls!

Guest sganatra

Raiderz, i notice u joined on my b'day! :lol:

different year tho! lol

To be honest i really am fed up with the whole thing. Might just wait for the Jam. Any idea on when its gonna be released on Orange?

Also anyone know where i can find a review of this nice sexy bit of kit?

Guest thelondonthing

Hooray!

I popped into my Orange Shop yesterday and sorted my upgrade out. I'm on Orange Premier 400, and I was able to extend my 500 free texts and Orange World 5 from my previous contract through to the end of September as part of the deal. Strangely I also got two free PAYG SIMs. The whole thing cost £99. Having been expecting this thing since December, I'm glad the wait's finally over.

For those who follow such things, the Operator Version is 5.31.1.124, the ROM version is "1.31.00 WWE", the ROM date is 13 Dec 2004, and the ExtROM version is "1.31.124 WWE".

Guest andyr27

I logged into today expecting us all to be happy. Not about our experience but that our shiny M2000s are in the post.

But given the comments the nonsense is going on.

Just had a call from Orange - they are going to ring back soon - I will post an update later.

Assuming they've got stock you shouldn't regret your decision Neil. I've been deligthted with both the MDA III and my early experiences with T-Mobile.

Was surprised to find their online account info is better then Orange's (you get a breakdown on the main screen of minutes/texts/meg remaining).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess what - NO STOCK! This phone is going to be the death of me. OSPS told me it would be here today when I ordered it too..

Guest sganatra
Just been caled by the 'exec office' somebody there is taking personal responsibility to make sure that my M2000 arrives Monday or Tuesday latest! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how did u manage that?

how did u manage that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you PM RusselH? I had a message from him that said he has been told the 'executive office' will be contacting everyone he told them about soon. Too late for me though. :lol: