Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest andyr27
Just been caled by the 'exec office' somebody there is taking personal responsibility to make sure that my M2000 arrives Monday or Tuesday latest! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried every trick erh method that I could think of.

Daily calls, emailed the CEO, dialogue with Russell.

Phone ordered by catching a CSR, supervisor running around the office, waiting 5 minutes. Then call back 1 hr later as promised to take the order!

Guest sganatra
Did you PM RusselH? I had a message from him that said he has been told the 'executive office' will be contacting everyone he told them about soon.  Too late for me though.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i did, but i'm still a bit sceptical

Guest pizdyetz77

How about insisting on a direct number to this person so you can contact them 'incase your phone doesn't in fact arrive next week?

Then post it here for us all to call . . . . . . .

Edited by pizdyetz77

Guest sganatra

I did get a PM from RusselH but still no call from the 'executive office'.

Oh well, almost the end of another week and still waiting. And now, to make matters even worse, NTL are screwing me about over my home broadband connection. I must say tho, compared to NTL, Orange have the best customer service department in the whole universe. But i dont know if that counts for much!

My 50th post.......whoopee!

If it wasn't for this thread i would still be in single figures, so thanks for that Orange! :x

Edited by sganatra

Guest sganatra

I wanted to upgrade from 700k to 1.5mb so they came and installed a modem (cause the max speed off set-top box is 1MB). Now i cant activate my account. The pin is not accepted, but NTL dont see a problem. I've been passed from CS to Tech Support so many bloody times, and today i got transfered to sales.

They just keep palming me off, and its pissing me off.

I have had 4 people in 2 days tell me that they willcall me back soo,but i'm still waiting.

Maybe i'm on a 'callback list' just like i am with Orange! maybe its the same list and my M2000 and broadband will come together!

Companys nowadays have no loyalty towards their customers.

Guest pizdyetz77

Count yourself lucky.

My girfriend works in outbound telephone sales in Glasgow and they've not been able to contact any NTL customers in Scotland today. Their whole network here seems to be down.

Orange phoned my mum up on Tuesday to say they had the M2000 in stock and it arrived yesterday. Hope others are getting as lucky, though I imagine this is rare.

edit/think her's might have been a back order from december (if that make s a difference)

Edited by Furby™

Guest RussellH

I have indeed been in touch with the Executive Office at Orange about these issues. They have confirmed that they are looking into each individual case that I sent them details of, and will be getting back to me about these shortly.

An Orange spokesperson says:

"We confirm that the demand for the SPV M2000 device had outstripped initial

supply, however this has now been rectified. Orange has worked closely with

the manufacturer and now has stocks available.

Orange is committed to providing the best possible customer service and

ensuring that customers have access to a wide range of devices."

From the PMs I have received over the last couple of days, it appears that Orange are indeed working their way through the list of those I sent them details of, both from these forums, and from those who contacted me via the radio station. Some people have heard from them already. Others though are still waiting, though I'm confident you will be getting a call soon.

The people I've been speaking to really do seem to be bending over backwards to get these problems sorted out. I'll be honest - I received my new M2000 from them this morning. I won't though be deserting everyone else who's still waiting for theirs. I would imagine they have a huge number of people to contact. I would guess I'm lucky to be one of the first to get sorted, purely because I'm directly able to comment about my experience on the radio. As I've mentioned here several times, that experience over the years has actually always been very good. This situation has been a one off for me, and although unacceptable, does now appear to be moving forward.

The Executive Office at Orange are very aware of Modaco, and of this thread. They have promised to get back to me about each and every case I asked them about, and I have no reason to doubt that they will. They recognise that this has been a huge cock-up. It's how they handle it from here that matters. From their point of view, I would imagine a comment on air about how good Orange are at handling a cock-up, will be far better for them then comments about how people continue to experience these problems, even after the radio station's involvement.

I hope to continue updating you with good news in due course. I am trying!

Best wishes,

Russell

I have indeed been in touch with the Executive Office at Orange about these issues.  They have confirmed that they are looking into each individual case that I sent them details of, and will be getting back to me about these shortly.

An Orange spokesperson says:

"We confirm that the demand for the SPV M2000 device had outstripped initial

supply, however this has now been rectified. Orange has worked closely with

the manufacturer and now has stocks available. 

Orange is committed to providing the best possible customer service and

ensuring that customers have access to a wide range of devices."

From the PMs I have received over the last couple of days, it appears that Orange are indeed working their way through the list of those I sent them details of, both from these forums, and from those who contacted me via the radio station.  Some people have heard from them already.  Others though are still waiting, though I'm confident you will be getting a call soon.

The people I've been speaking to really do seem to be bending over backwards to get these problems sorted out.  I'll be honest - I received my new M2000 from them this morning.  I won't though be deserting everyone else who's still waiting for theirs.  I would imagine they have a huge number of people to contact.  I would guess I'm lucky to be one of the first to get sorted, purely because I'm directly able to comment about my experience on the radio.  As I've mentioned here several times, that experience over the years has actually always been very good.  This situation has been a one off for me, and although unacceptable, does now appear to be moving forward.

The Executive Office at Orange are very aware of Modaco, and of this thread.  They have promised to get back to me about each and every case I asked them about, and I have no reason to doubt that they will.  They recognise that this has been a huge cock-up.  It's how they handle it from here that matters.  From their point of view, I would imagine a comment on air about how good Orange are at handling a cock-up, will be far better for them then comments about how people continue to experience these problems, even after the radio station's involvement.

I hope to continue updating you with good news in due course.  I am trying!

Best wishes,

Russell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did u have to pay a £100 upgrade handset cost mate?

Guest RussellH
This is all about replacement handsets, not new/upgraded ones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, my original upgrade in December cost me aound £130 to £140 or something like that. This one now is a replacement under Orange Care and therefore came at no additional cost.

Guest adjonline
I didn't know there was an admin fee.  I guess I'll find out when I get my next statement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neither did I when I did a replacement of my E200. I got very worked up about it and had it worked up; I'm not sure though that I would have bought the care package if I'd known about this charge - there must be strong case for misselling the policy if a number of people aren't aware of this.

Guest RussellH
Neither did I when I did a replacement of my E200. I got very worked up about it and had it worked up; I'm not sure though that I would have bought the care package if I'd known about this charge - there must be strong case for misselling the policy if a number of people aren't aware of this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never been told about this either, but I'm glad I've got the policy, or I'd never have got a replacement. It must be in the policy document somewhere. If not, then it is rather naughty. Still worth having though.

I've cancelled my Orange Care becuase of this, and also because my bank account now comes with free phone insurance included!?! I've still got to pay an excess on the bank's insurance, but not £5 a month as well.

Presumably this charge has been introduced to stop people doing what we used to do years back - i.e. being really lax with looking after phones, cos we knew there'd be a free replacement on the way the next afternoon.

Edited by Neil

Guest ichilton
I've cancelled my Orange Care becuase of this, and also because my bank account now comes with free phone insurance included!?! I've still got to pay an excess on the bank's insurance, but not £5 a month as well.

Is that a Lloyds TSB Platinum account?

I'm going to change to one of those which includes the mobile phone insurance free. Only thing i'm worried about is how quick i'd get a replacement/repair if I broke my phone - at least with Orange you get a replacement text day.

--ian

Is that a Lloyds TSB Platinum account?

I'm going to change to one of those which includes the mobile phone insurance free. Only thing i'm worried about is how quick i'd get a replacement/repair if I broke my phone - at least with Orange you get a replacement text day.

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point, not sure about turnaround times. It's actually a Barclays Graduate Additions account. Get some other stuff too, but nothing of much value - the main reason I switched is that my interest-free overdraft was about to expire and this way works out cheaper on my terrible debts.

Guest raiderz
My bill just says £15. Doesn't seem to have extra VAT figures anywhere :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Normally VAT is calculated on the whole bill, less the Orange Care insurance which is zero rated.