Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest pizdyetz77

Just had a missed call from OCS. Typical that I'd miss it . . . .

Supposedly theyll call me back. "No action is required on your part" so says the recorded message.

If they do call back, it had better be to offer me my phone. . . . .

Will let you know if my luck's in.

GH

Guest sganatra
Just had a missed call from OCS. Typical that I'd miss it . . . .

Supposedly theyll call me back. "No action is required on your part" so says the recorded message.

If they do call back, it had better be to offer me my phone. . . . .

Will let you know if my luck's in.

GH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was it an upgrade?

Screw you guys, I'm going home; just got my PAK code from Orange. CS girl said she had customer waiting five weeks with no sign of their call back, I've only been on a call-back for two weeks so I don't see myself getting one anytime soon. I'm at the bottom of a very long queue I guess.

They didn't even try to keep me, which was a little surprising, especially as it's my first upgrade in three years and my bills are above average. Basically, when I got through to retentions, she said "M2000, availability, here's your code". No surprise to them at all, though I was a little personally surprised that after the terms of a PAK transfer were explained, she simply hung up, lol! I guess I wasn't the best customer for her call stats!

I hope whoever screwed this up within Orange procurement gets their nuts roasted, this has cost them quite a few customers! :evil: You guys willing to wait this long must be on a really good deal from Orange to make it worth while hanging on! Especially as they seem to have plenty of stock for new customers and none for upgrades and replacements. I wonder if we could all club together and persuade another network to come up with a special deal to tempt everyone away? Safety in numbers...

By the way, those of you waiting for a replacement and currently on a load phone would be well within your rights under the Sale Of Goods Act to request a full refund. You paid for a service that Orange were unable to provide, despite your lengthy patience. The fact that they have handsets for new customers only strenthens your case. By law, Orange owe you a phone. The fact that they want to give you a refurbished one rather than new is their problem, not yours.

Now to find a network that offers dual sim, something Orange couldn't give me. :lol:

Edited by fraser

Guest dazultra2000
By the way, those of you waiting for a replacement and currently on a load phone would be well within your rights under the Sale Of Goods Act to request a full refund. You paid for a service that Orange were unable to provide, despite your lengthy patience. The fact that they have handsets for new customers only strenthens your case. By law, Orange owe you a phone. The fact that they want to give you a refurbished one rather than new is their problem, not yours.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually if it's stipulated in their terms and conditions (which it is) then they don't have to do diddly squat.

Furthermore, Orange are only the providers of the access to the mobile network...and providing they give you equipment that allows you to make/recieve calls/SMS and access to internet data then they've satisfied what they need to do. They could give me a nokia 3510 and they'd still be in the green.

Actually if it's stipulated in their terms and conditions (which it is) then they don't have to do diddly squat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Utter bullshit, exactly what you'd expect to hear from them. It also says on the terms and contitions "this does not affect your statatory rights". Go speak to trading standards if you don't believe me. Knowing the law helps; I've had replacements of electronic goods for free well outside the "free years manufacturers guarantee" (Scottish law allows 6 years from date of fault, excepting reasonable wear and tear, English is 5/6 years from purchase). When you sell goods in the UK, you are bound by UK law. The contract might say you pledge them your firstborn, but it doesn't make it legally binding.

They could give me a nokia 3510 and they'd still be in the green.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So wrong. You bought and paid for X. You get X. If company wants to give you Y, you must agree to it. If you don't know the law, they aren't going to point it out to you!

Some magic words for you to use "sale of goods act", "as described", "fit for purpose". None of these are valid for the replacements. You bought a phone with certain features in mind. For me it's WiFi. None of the other phones have this, so not one of them is fit for the purpose. You could get your money back on that alone.

If you ordered by post and did not see the item prior to purchase, you also get a no-question asked 30-day money back guarantee. Some companies try to make this sound like a feature, but they have to do it to keep legal.

Oh, and the law says NOTHING about giving refurbished phones. They owe you a phone; where they source it from is their problem.

Your not Ashleeturfing for Orange, are you? :lol:

Edited by fraser

Guest Russell@home

The minimum warranty is 12 months from date of purchase not 5/6 years as you suggest. The 6 years referrs to the support for the product. You must be able to buy spares etc for at least 6 years.

Guest Russell@home

Anyway getting back on topic...

How come the website says they are available for £249 (depending on tarrif) but if you go down the upgrade route it is shown as out of stock?

Guest dazultra2000

I know the law states that, but I'm pretty sure that it says that if you sign to accept certain terms and conditions, then you've accepted them as being the defacto - and I have signed a contract.

Guest adjonline
I know the law states that, but I'm pretty sure that it says that if you sign to accept certain terms and conditions, then you've accepted them as being the defacto - and I have signed a contract.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firstly, statute can void certain times (such as the Unfair Contract Terms Act). Secondly, contracts usually state that they do not affect 'statutory rights', meaning that if there is a conflict between the contractual position and the Sale and Supply of Goods Act (As Amended), the Acts apply.

The position with mobile phone suppliers is complex - primarily because of the need to differentiate between the service provider (Orange PCS) and the handset supplier (Orange PCS, or Orange Shop, or Carphone Warehouse, or One Stop, or whoever). The terms and conditions relate to the Orange service - there is a separate (unwritten) contract in relation to the handset. If you go and purchase an M2000, then the company supplying you the M2000 has a contract in respect of it. The usual statutory rights apply. If it breaks, you have the right to a return or replacement on your request. Now problems, of course, occur because of the separate contract for use of the network, and there doesn't appear to be the case law determining the issue for certain - the contracts are separate, yet clearly linked in some way. But what is certain is that, within a certain timeframes of 'reasonableness', whoever supplies you with the handset has a duty to replace it if it breaks. 6 months is the bare minimum.

One very important fact to remember is phrased perfectly by tradingstandards.gov.uk

Guarantees are extra to your legal rights. If you can show that the goods were not of satisfactory quality at the time of sale i.e. they were not as durable as it is reasonable to expect, then you may have a claim against the trader or finance company (if applicable) for compensation.

Guest blackhorse

Another batch has been delivered throughout the Orange estate, we recieved another 2 this morning.

More expected at the begining of next week

Edited by blackhorse

adjonline put it far better than me. Check tradingstandards.gov.uk if you want to know more. As Russell pointed out, it's a little off topic, even though it's relevant to those waiting on replacements. But I am right on the 6 years in Scotland bit. I had the retailer pay 50% of the repair fee on a three year old TV, which was very expensive when bought. It's all down to how long you'd reasonably expect it to last.

Edited by fraser

Guest pizdyetz77

I called them just to make sure that they'd call back. Girl told me that the outbound team will try to contact me 3 times before I am bumfed to the back of the queue.

Still waiting. Ok, so it's only 9am . . . . .

Guest sganatra
I called them just to make sure that they'd call back. Girl told me that the outbound team will try to contact me 3 times before I am bumfed to the back of the queue.

Still waiting. Ok, so it's only 9am . . . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep us posted on how u get on mate!

your waiting for an upgrade i take it?

Did you PM Russell a few weeks ago by any chance?

Guest dazultra2000

Hahahahah, we have a new development.

This morning I recieved a letter from Orange.

Cutting a long story short, it goes like this:

"We know you heard about similar complaints on the radio. Someone contacted me through email about it. We have already told you that you're going to get a refurbishment and you're on a waiting list for one. We're not going to give you a brand new replacement, even though we said we would. We'll have stern words with our staff."

So, RusselH, any ideas?

Ok, so I got my callback. Ordered the phone yesterday, have just checked and it's currently on a Parceline van on the way to me in lovely West Wales as we speak.. finally.. I AM GETTING MY BLOODY UPGRADE!!!

Guest sganatra

Just got another missed call from CS. Then a voicemail.

The call was from the Executive office and they gave me another number to ring to get hold or retention. Apparently my upgrade is ready for delivery! Now if only someone will pick up the bloody phone!

Guest sganatra

On Its way!

:lol:

Thanks once again to RussellH.

Your help is much appreciated mate. I think i would still be waiting and waiting if it wasn't for u!

Good luck to the rest of you in resolving all your problems.

I hope all goes well!

Guest pizdyetz77

About bloody time.

Got my call this morning at 11:30. Will be getting my M2000 either tomorrow or Thursday. £64.99 upgrade on a £15 a month tarriff. Can't argue with the price.

Just for info, I've been on the 'list' since Jan 19th. Very surprised to get my call this early on. If you've been waiting longer than me and not had your call then I'd get on the phone & moan. OCS are good fot that.

Best of luck to you all in getting yours soon.

GH

Guest ichilton
Got my call this morning at 11:30. Will be getting my M2000 either tomorrow or Thursday. £64.99 upgrade on a £15 a month tarriff. Can't argue with the price

Yikes - last week, they said £115 was the best they could do on a £25/month tarrif and when I negociated a better tarrif, I ended up paying £165 and they wouldn't budge on that. I've been a customer for 8 years too!

Does anyone have a number to contact these people who have been calling you back?

--ian

Guest wheresalan
About bloody time.

Got my call this morning at 11:30. Will be getting my M2000 either tomorrow or Thursday. £64.99 upgrade on a £15 a month tarriff. Can't argue with the price.

Just for info, I've been on the 'list' since Jan 19th. Very surprised to get my call this early on. If you've been waiting longer than me and not had your call then I'd get on the phone & moan. OCS are good fot that.

Best of luck to you all in getting yours soon.

GH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you on the ED50 tariff by any chance? If I can get them down to £65 I'll be a very happy man!

Guest pizdyetz77

30 mins Xnet + 30 Evening - £15 a month.

I can't really understand how I got this deal either. Not that I'm complaining.

Maybe my long silences on the phone make the CS agent feel so uncomfortable they just cave in.

I've been with O for about 3 years on various tarriffs under £40.

Or maybe they'll send me a duff one to get their own back . . . . . .

Edited by pizdyetz77