Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest sganatra

I just called Parceline to get them to track my M2000 down.

Should be here in 5 minutes i'm told!

Wanna get it before i leave work at 5 otherwise i will have to wait another day!

Guest Wozbacca

well, 3 months and 427 posts later, and i can hapilly say that my m2000 has arrived!!

it is so bloody genius and im glad orange finally sorted their life out. now i have to find all the decent pocket pc software... hmm time to start a new thread methinks.

Thanks to RusselH and to everyone else who'd manage to yell at Orange to get them to hurry it up. and also, thanks for participating in this longest thread i've ever started!

I'm off to start playing!

Guest pizdyetz77

And I got mine too. Delivered to my work even although the OCS agent said that today couldn't be guaranteed.

I'm delighted. Not with Orange, but with my M2000.

Skyforce and Flux Challenge f**king ROCK on this thing.

See you all in the Blue Angel Forum . . . . .

GH

Guest Russell@home

How do I get the price down from £250??? I have been a customer for 8 years!

Retentions said that it was the best they could offer :-( & I can get the XDA IIs for £179

How do I get the price down from £250??? I have been a customer for 8 years!

Retentions said that it was the best they could offer :-( & I can get the XDA IIs for £179

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because they know you aren't going to leave them. :lol: Might be calling your bluff. Don't they usually try and price match though?

Guest RussellH

It looks like the issues with M2000 stock availability have finally been resolved. Everyone who's been waiting for an M2000 now appear either to have received them, or at least been contacted by Orange. I'm being so careful with mine at the moment. I don't want it to break again and risk waiting for another replacement! In fact, I'm scared of dropping it every time I touch it!

I think that everyone who PM'd me for help on this issue has now heard from Orange. If not, please let me know. I think though that this problem is drawing to a close now.

Despite the fact that many people have experienced a longer wait than we'd have liked, everyone still wanted this device. Some did leave Orange and get one elsewhere, while others waited for stock to come back in at Orange. It demonstrates though what a great device this is. For those of us who had experienced the phone and were waiting for a replacement, nothing else really comes close. I'm certainly glad to have all that functionality at my fingertips once again.

Finally, I'd like to thank Paul and everyone at Modaco. It's been an invaluable resource for me. Firstly, I'm no phone expert. When I joined Orange, I had the choice of two phones - a Motorola or Nokia. The choice then was so easy. Today, when phones do so many different things, it's much harder to work out what you need and what you don't. This site, and the experiences of those posting on these forums helped me to decide what to get. It's also helped me make the right choice with the M2000. Secondly, this site has also been useful for researching my radio feature on M2000 availability. I was able to see that I and my listeners were not alone with this problem, and that others were experiencing the same. It all goes to prove what a group of like minded individuals can club together to do. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Executive Office at Orange do know about Modaco, and they do read what's posted here. You may not think it sometimes, but we can and do make a difference!

Guest Stoned_Krusty

Just phoned orange, they put me through to retentions; I asked about the M2000 and they said i could have it for free (well, on a 12 month contract).

Realistically, how long do people have to wait at the moment for delivery?

Krusty

Guest dazultra2000

I now have, in my cradle restoring, my Orange SPV M2000.

It's such a beautiful thing to behold.

Now...where can I get a reinforced kevlar case for it?!

Guest its_millertime22

Yes, M2000 is in the delivery van....

Now have to clean up my XDA IIs, put it back in the packaging and hope the O2 shop accepts it under 14 day money back guarantee - anyone know what kind of condition they expect the phones in when u take it back under the 14 day money back...?

Pete

Guest garethr

Can anyone tell me if the Orange upgrade is available in High Street shops (i.e. can I just walk into an Orange shop tomorrow and exchange my Orange Treo 600 for an M2000?).

I've had an O2 xdaiis on order all week but they now say they're out of stock, and I'm really getting fed up with them (I've even been told by their customer services that my phone was being despatched on Wednesday, and so when it didn't arrive as expected yesterday I was then told that it hadn't actually been despatched at all and it had in fact been out of stock the whole time!).

So even though I actually prefer the look of the black O2 one, if I can just walk into Orange tomorrow and get an M2000 then I would do that - are they even likely to have any stock in the shops?

Guest inspectorgadjet

Why not go to the Orange website, and look up the Orange shops near you. You can then phone them directly to ask if they have stock, and if they do, they may be kind enough to hold one for you till you get to the shop.

Guest garethr

Good idea! I will do that later (can't really use the phone at the moment cos at work) - in the meantime, has anyone else managed to get an M2000 from a shop (for an upgrade)?

Guest viper4u2nv

hey, i ordered my spv m2000 round late december, but orange forgot to mention to me that they werent expectin any in FOR A WHILE, so i couldnt be arsed waiting for it and ordered the mda 3, of which i really love, awesome pda/phone and all.

but today, i received an spv m2000. I fort i was in heaven, 2 blue angels at the palm of my hand. i fink orange didnt cancel my order and screwed up and have sent me the fone. funny thing is, i received the fone, but no contract details, no sim card and no paperwork, apart from user manual, it werent even in the orange box!! was in a plain white box wrapped in the royal mail packaging.

wonderin what i shud do?

a) Sell it

:lol: Keep it

c) Sell it

fink i mite sell it, but how much do u think i shud sell it for?

dnt wanna keep it because i love my mda alot.

Did you get PSU and the cradle etc? The white box I got was inside a black Orange branded sleave. They could just have ran out of them (I bet HTC deliver to them in the white box) but I got mine as an upgrade, and I still got a new sim in the box. Sales rep said it contains updates for the phone when I asked. Sounds like a screw up indeed.

If Orange have sent you a new phone, you will be bound to another 12 months contract, so be wary of that. You could send it back right now, no questions asked, for a full refund. UK law on posted products; the idea is that you haven't see it yet, so it might not be what you wanted.

If you were to keep it, you could get into bother as you did actually order it from them. On the other hand, it could just be an error and you won't get billed for it. But you can't check that without speaking to Orange, and that'll give it all away.

Tough decission!

Guest deadphill

One way of checking is if you have ever used the my account section of orange? Did you leave and transfer your number? If so Id imagine that you will be pretty safe, as they dont have an account to bill! If you did have a my account set up on the orange website, login and take a look at your bill. That way you dont need to speak to anyone!

Let me know how you get on!

Phill

Guest witch-queen
I now have, in my cradle restoring, my Orange SPV M2000.

It's such a beautiful thing to behold.

Now...where can I get a reinforced kevlar case for it?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: :( :D

IT HAS ARRIVED!

It is now charged, sync'd, wallpapered and wrapped in cotton wool.

wooo hooo lol

Another 5 delivered here to little Harrogate, so im guessing the stock issues are over?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks that way, no one has really complained in about a week about stock problems. Hopefully this horrible never-ending topic is also over!! :lol: