Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Wozbacca

so does this meant hat orange business stores will have stock next week? if youve arranged an upgrade via retentions then i guess you cant get the handset from the store. surely if the 3000 are on backorder, then how come 2000 are going to business stores! surely they should go to the people waiting for pre orders etc!

Pass, Who knows what O are up too at the moment. They must be losing sales over this. Even i, (Who have been with orange for ages) started to look at O2.

DiGRem

Guest viper4u2nv

if i was y'all, i wud ditch orange and move to anova network, eg. t-mobile and get mda 3 or o2 and get xda 2s. u c i ditchd orange cos i cudnt be botherd waitin ages for the m2000 so i went onto a t-mobile contract, which worked out better in the end.

i got the mda 3 and a bluetoth headset (bt200 jabra) for £46 a month. with that i get 400 xnet mins and 200 txts, which is pretty sweet.

on the other hand, can ppl who ave the mda, m2000 or xda2s recommend n e gud downloads for me pls.

peace

Guest Chaser81
if i was y'all, i wud ditch orange and move to anova network, eg. t-mobile and get mda 3 or o2 and get xda 2s. u c i ditchd orange cos i cudnt be botherd waitin ages for the m2000 so i went onto a t-mobile contract, which worked out better in the end.

i got the mda 3 and a bluetoth headset (bt200 jabra) for £46 a month. with that i get 400 xnet mins and 200 txts, which is pretty sweet.

on the other hand, can ppl who ave the mda, m2000 or xda2s recommend n e gud downloads for me pls.

peace

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the risk of sounding like your Dad, can I just say WTF? Write properly. "Txt-Speak" is SOOOOO annoying.

Guest Wozbacca

its a bit of a joke, its probably easier and quicker to type properly than if u txt wiv da i o u c ...

s***

maybe orange has pissed me off too much

woo saaah, woo saaah

Guest ichilton
i got the mda 3 and a bluetoth headset

And how much for the phone?

I just spoke to Orange retentions and they said they now have a small stock for people on the "call back lists" like me so I should be getting a call soon.

What kind of prices have people got it for from Orange? - i.e what kind of price can I negociate - i'm on a £25/month tarrif + £4 for 4mb GPRS + £5 for insurance. Been an orange customer for about 6 years..

What kind of prices have people got them for on O2, Vodafone and T-Mobile?

Thanks

--ian

Guest viper4u2nv

hey chaser81, the only reason i was typing in text vocab was because i had a meeting to attend to and thought i'd write a message quickly.

i got the mda 3 for free on contract and as i said got a jabra bluetooth headset too. heck i can't complain.

the only problems i have with this phone is that you can't add your own message alert and you have to stick with the crappy ones they give you and if you want to change your wallpaper then you need to do some major editing on the mda's photosuite to get it perfectly fitting your screen. other then that, this phone is OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!

oh yeh, for those of you who are on vodafone and want the "blue angel" but dont want to change contracts, vodafone have released the Vodafone VPA III Pocket PC phone, which is basically the blue angel under the vodafone branding. not sure wen to expect it though.

Viper

Edited by viper4u2nv

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi all,

I phone Onestop tonight to find out what the hell is going on.

My response "Sorry we have no idea as yet when they will be in stock"

I then phone Orange to request an upgrade, my response "Sorry we have no information as to when stock will be available".

I replied with, well why then can my work take delivery on Monday and then order more and recieve them today, "Sorry Sir can't explain why that would be"....the usually rubbish.

I then phoned Orange new connections to be told, "We have not been given any RELEASE date for this phone yet", I said again, well my work has taken delivery, hes answer "Yes we do understand they are available to buisness's but not the general public"

So come on guys, someone out there must have connections with Orange and be able to find out what the hell they are playing at.

Or have been given actual delivery dates from Orange.

I used to think that they were the best...........Not any more, they are a joke, who are rapidly losing face and more importantly customers.

Guest timking

i'm getting the same problems as everyone else with orange, not just for m2000 but also for the samsung d500 as well. so far tonight i have been told all the different lines (phoned up 4 times) :roll:

i still cant explain why i want to stay with orange, its like they're an ex you dont want to see any more, but just cant stop going round for 'a bit more' :D

Guest Shaunfarris
i'm getting the same problems as everyone else with orange, not just for m2000 but also for the samsung d500 as well. so far tonight i have been told all the different lines (phoned up 4 times)  :roll:

i still cant explain why i want to stay with orange, its like they're an ex you dont want to see any more, but just cant stop going round for 'a bit more'  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea I know.

I don't want to leave Orange, as experiences of the other networks have not been good, but at the same time I want to tell them to go shove their contract where the sun don't shine, just to ensure they know how dissapointed I am with them.

Guest raiderz
i still cant explain why i want to stay with orange, its like they're an ex you dont want to see any more, but just cant stop going round for 'a bit more'  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I don't know why I stay with them, after I had my M2000 a week a fault developed, I rang OCS up and they said it would be delivered by 5pm that day, nothing came, I rang them back up and they re-scheduled it, when I got my bill on 5th Jan, I got charged £13 courier fee for the failed delivery/collection.

Took 3 phonecalls to business support, which got nowhere, then I sent a letter complaining about their charges, and finally yesterday someone rang me back saying the charge would be waived - however I would have to pay this months bill and it would be refunded next month, hardlys ideal for a lot of people.

It seems all these sneaky charges plus all the operators saying the phones are out of stock/discontinued/whatever... still things could be worse OCS could be in India!

I was prepared to go to O2 to get a XDA2s but when I told retentions this they bent over backwards to get me a free M2000 back in December, so looks like im stuck with these for another 10 months or so....

Edited by raiderz

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All,

Anyone tried cancelling with Orange?

Have you been offered 1 off there numerous 'buosnes' stock to stay connected?

Also, after your 12 months is up, is the cancellation period still 30 days.

I'm tempted to cancell, and get it on a new contract......Should be in stock within 30 days surely????

Guest Chaser81

I rang up Orange before I got my Jam and asked to cancel and they said "No problem"! :shock: In the past, that has always worked, so I am assuming that they are actually genuinely out of stock!

Guest CeriEdwards

Has anybody who have the M2000 on order with Orange through a corporate contract received them this week yet?

I have had one on order on our corporate account since the beginning of December, and our Account Manager is not forthcoming with any info as to whether the phone is actually in stock, and if it is when it is going to be delivered!

The wait (and lack of info) is doing my head in! :evil:

Guest Wozbacca

i phoned up again today and was told that i defniately wasn't on any call back lists or anything and so i wont be receiving any of the phones that are currently instock.

i had a moan and threatened to leave, and still nothing happened. so i asked for my pak code, and she actually had the cheek to give it to me! unbelieable.

so know i have 30 days to decide if i actually want to use it and get a mda3/vpa3/xda2s

Guest ichilton

Well every time I call, they say I should be getting a call any time but they've been saying that for 2 days now.

I think i'll ring tonight and ask to give my 30 days notice - then if they do get them in the next 30 days, i'll see if they'll do a decent price - if they dont then I can order a t-mobile one or something.

--ian

Guest raiderz
i phoned up again today and was told that i defniately wasn't on any call back lists or anything

Has anyone out there actually had a call-back ? Apparently there are a few M2000's at Orange but no-one seems to have seen them.

Guest alanrenouf
Well every time I call, they say I should be getting a call any time but they've been saying that for 2 days now.

I think i'll ring tonight and ask to give my 30 days notice - then if they do get them in the next 30 days, i'll see if they'll do a decent price - if they dont then I can order a t-mobile one or something.

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly what I am doing, they have until the 25th Feb to sort themselves out or Im off !

The lady said she will definately call me back by then with news on the M2000.

Guest viper4u2nv

ditch orange!!!! i've got a mda3 and its awesome!!!

unlike you guys, when i gave orange my 30 days notice, they begged to keep me, said they will give me £200 cash back, offer me 6000 texts a month on my current ovp o2 100 contract and waive the contract fee. but when they asked why am i leaving orange, i simply said "m2000" and instantly they said, "well it was nice having you as our customer, all the best".

at this point i gathered orange had something wrong with the m2000, and doubt they will get it back anytime soon, because if they were due back soon, they would have kept me on or tried to keep me on, when i said m2000.

Guest ichilton
i've got a mda3 and its awesome!!!

I read somewhere that the MDA3 doesn't have as higher-power battery as the Orange one so it doesn't last as long - also you only get 1 battery on the MDA3 but 2 on Orange - is that right?

Also, I was told that T-Mobile lock you on the same tarrif for the whole of your contract, do not have roll-over minutes and gprs is more expensive, even with the bundles - is that true too?

they begged to keep me, said they will give me £200 cash back, offer me 6000 texts a month on my current ovp o2 100 contract
Woah - how much do you spend a month?

and waive the contract fee.

What do you mean by contract fee?

--ian

Guest wheresalan

Yeah I had a call back promise from O and a sms one as well. Nothing so far... :roll:

Come on Orange, I have been a commited customer for 6 years, don't force me to leave because you keep failing to deliver. Tell us what's happening.

Time is ticking... :-k

Guest Chaser81

They promised to SMS me when they got the M2000 back in stock now. Its been two months and no SMS message so far. Who cares? Got my I-Mate Jam a month ago, gave up on Orange, and havent looked back.

Guest walks17

My contect finished today, I really want one of these super phones. I called Orange and they said that they had the phone in and they have been allocated to people already.

PISSED

ps I'm finally giving up everyday 50 after 3 years on that great tariff. I said to Orange I was leaving and have been offered the phone for £60 and a price matched 3 500min xnet contract - but no texts... what do you think? good deal or not?