Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest jharvey00

Spoke to a friend today who works at an orange store in Brum (where I am now on two waiting lists for the device! :shock: ) and he said they have been told by orange not to expect expecting any in store for another 3 weeks. Bear in mind this is one of the largest of the orange store's and they have been out of stock for 2 months now....apparently its due to problems from HTC but he couldn't tell me any more. Not sure if this is representative for the entire UK but thought would pass on what I found out!

Guest raiderz
penalised by not benefitting from the FREE evening calls for the life of the contract as the offer expires today.

With a bit of luck the offer will be magically extended by a few months, i've never known an Orange offer yet that has ended on the date they say, it normally ends quietly without any fuss!

Guest Shaunfarris

Ok, latest news that i have found out.

1. Phoned OneStop, and was told they are expecting stock this week......Yea Yea heard it all before.

2. Phone Orange Upgrade, and was told No Stock, and have no idea when there will be, be it will certainly be a while after new customer stock.

3. Phone Orange New connections, and was told Catorgorically despite what over sites and people may say the M2000 is DEFINITELY not available on Orange as it has NOT be released, when I told him that i've seen it, I've even used one today as my work have taken yet another delivery from Orange, his answer, Well I'm sorry sir the phone has not been released and obviously is not a genuine Orange phone.

So anyone out there, when the hell are we going to get these phones that every other network has.

If anyone knows a Orange representative get him or her to read this group, and see how P****d off we all are now with Orange.

Guest zarquon
and was told Catorgorically despite what over sites and people may say the M2000 is DEFINITELY not available on Orange as it has NOT be released,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That must be the reason that Orange shipped me an M2000 as an upgrade at the end of November.

Reading this thread I realise how lucky I was. 8-[

I was wondering if Orange is suffering from the deal they struck with HTC. Perhaps T-mobile and O2 are paying more per unit than Orange

Guest Pondrew
3. Phone Orange New connections, and was told Catorgorically despite what over sites and people may say the M2000 is DEFINITELY not available on Orange as it has NOT be released, when I told him that i've seen it, I've even used one today as my work have taken yet another delivery from Orange, his answer, Well I'm sorry sir the phone has not been released and obviously is not a genuine Orange phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't believe the ineptitude of Orange staff when they make statements like this...

Guest dazza12
If it's problems with HTC, then surely T-mobile and O2 would be having the same extreme shortages, no?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I previously worked in the Orange HQ and I've been doing some digging beyond the CS staff.

If Orange have run out, it won't necessarily hit Tmobile and O2 yet. HTC tend to ship in batches, and have delivered x amount of phones to each of the telcos. Orange didn't think they'd had a major seller with the M2000, as the M1000 wasn't exactly a huge seller, so put in a small-ish order initially, hoping that HTC would be able to fulfill orders. Orange were the first to start selling the Blue Angel, and exhausted their limited stocks first.

As O2 have a good history with PPC phones, their initial orders were higher, and therefore they were able to guarantee large amounts of stock. Tmobile have recently launched the phone, it isn't known what their stock levels are.

There are stock issues with HTC, from my conversations with a mate who works as a buyer for Orange there are back orders that aren't being filled. This is being compounded by several other telcos placing orders with HTC that they simply can't make phones quick enough. For instance, Vodafone will shortly release the phone too, initial stocks will need to have been sorted out for them.

It is possible O2 and Tmobile may run out of these phones in the next month or so, however by that time HTC might have got their act together and ramped up production.

Orange aren't helping at all with the lack of information about the phone. Unfortunately, CS staff have a habit of guessing instead of finding out real information. For instance, certain phones have been pulled because of issues, so some idiot in CS has decided that this must be the case with the M2000. As to questions about stock, a lot of customers don't like being told that the CS rep doesn't know when the phone will be in, so often saying 'two weeks' gets the customer off the phone. Bad CS I know, but until Orange start training their staff properly it'll keep happening.

As regards when the phone is going to be in stock, I've been asked to say soon. Orange want to wait until there is considerable stock of the phone held before putting it back on their systems, they don't want to be in the situation where they run out in two weeks, waiting on another shipment from HTC.

Guest ichilton
There are stock issues with HTC, from my conversations with a mate who works as a buyer for Orange there are back orders that aren't being filled. This is being compounded by several other telcos placing orders with HTC that they simply can't make phones quick enough.

Interesting info - Thanks!

So do you think Orange are telling the truth when they say they have these limited supplies in stock and they are going to be calling customers back who have been waiting since Dec for them?

--ian

Guest Shaunfarris

Just spoken to OneStop, they claim to be be receiving stock today and have told me that phones should be with customers by Thursday.

Whoooa bloody ell, look a bright pink Pig just flew by :D

Guest ichilton
Just spoken to OneStop, they claim to be be receiving stock today and have told me that phones should be with customers by Thursday.

Is that for T-Mobile ones??

--ian

Guest Darkfire
If it's problems with HTC, then surely T-mobile and O2 would be having the same extreme shortages, no?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I phoned onestopphoneshop this morning about my MDAIII and them not having any stock at the moment. Seems they have run out and don't have an ETA for them from T-Mobile, though he did say they expect some news in the next couple of days...

I doubt I'll hold my breath on that though...anyone know anymore about HTC's problems?

Guest Chaser81

Right, everyone read Dazza12's post above and let that be an end to it. It sounds like EXACTLY whats happened, and its the first bit of "inside info" coming from Orange that I actually believe cause I know how the operators work.

Now everyone just try and be patient until Orange get them back in.

Guest RussellH

Thanks Dazza12 for the explanation - sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I just wish all the Orange staff could have been briefed accordingly from the beginning. It would have saved us and them a lot of hassle. It would also have saved them having to deal with a hell of a lot of phone calls. I've phoned at least half a dozen times on this issue alone. As I said in an earlier post, I have no doubt that Orange will have sorted things out in the end. It just gets frustrating when you hear different things from different people and don't know if you're being told the truth or if you're being lied to or fobbed off.

Raiderz - My replacement phone is a Sony Ericsson P910i. Hope this helps.

Guest dazultra2000

P910i also...

...and while the above situation may be true for brand new sale handsets, when it comes to refurbishments and brand new replacements, I don't see it being quite so rosy.

I have seen stock level printouts clearly stating "M2000 back in stock today" and a long green bar next to "SPV M2000" (compared to a long red bar for the M1000). This was for brand new handset replacements.

I think that's pretty self-explanatory that they have some, but they told me I wasn't allowed one.

As for refurbishments, I know a fair few people have had to send their M2000s back...so surely in the 2 months that I haven't had my phone, they could have at least replaced the screen (as it was cracked), or at the very least repaired and refurbished one of the previous returns!

It takes 15 minutes tops to replace a screen...I've done it before. What was the excuse they gave me? "I don't know sir".

What about a 14-day return phone, from someone who didn't like it - I see lots of this happening with smartphones nowadays.

If it's taken 2 months so far...how much longer am I going to have to wait for the phone I am paying money to use (I already have a P800 and a P900 so a P910i is pretty much useless).

I can honestly not see me getting an M2000 in the duration of my contract.

Guest raiderz
I can honestly not see me getting an M2000 in the duration of my contract.

I would expect some sort of compensation would be offered, but saying that, it is Orange we're talking about and they do tend to take liberties with long term customers.

Guest CeriEdwards

Good News!

My M2000 arrived out of the blue today! :D

Considering my account manager said it wasn't in stock, that was a bit of a surprise, I can tell you!.

Maybe some of you will finally get your M2000 as well.

Guest RussellH

Just phoned the replacement phone department who confirmed that they are still out of stock. Can I ask Ceri if your order was through an Orange shop, or was it an upgrade, new connection or replacement phone direct from Orange?

Guest ichilton

Hi,

I've got my 30 day's notice in - I just phoned the cancel option again and this time he went away and came back saying he had spoken to the outbound team who said they have not had any stock in yet.

I asked why i'd called up most days since they said they were getting a "limited stock for people like me who have been waiting" last wednesday and was told they are in stock and i'd be getting a call soon. He couldn't answer - just said he'd been told they had no stock.

*sigh*

--ian

When I last rang Orange (late last week) - both retentions and business said that they had stocks in, but were only fulfilling corporate orders with 50 or more users on the account.

Then got the usual, "they should be generally available by next week" [i.e. this week]. Not holding my breath though!