Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Hi. Have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks as also trying to get my hands on an elusive M2000. I have been on their call back list for a few weeks.

I spoke to retentions at 1.30pm today and was told that they did have limited stock and the outbound team were calling people. They couldn't guarantee when I would get a call but have put a note on my account and asked me to call back on Friday if I haven't heard anything. The CSR I spoke to sounded very confident in what she was saying, put me on hold and checked with someone else.

Looking at this morning's posts, I'll probably be calling back on Friday!

Guest ichilton
I spoke to retentions at 1.30pm today and was told that they did have limited stock and the outbound team were calling people.  They couldn't guarantee when I would get a call but have put a note on my account and asked me to call back on Friday if I haven't heard anything.  The CSR I spoke to sounded very confident in what she was saying, put me on hold and checked with someone else.

That's _exactly_ what they have said to me every time i've called for the last week and I have still not had a call back.

I called them 2 hours ago and asked to speak to a supervisor in retentions and they said yes, no problem - i'll get one to call you straight back - no call yet!!

--ian

Guest flibble

I've just check my onestop account today 2nd Feb and the status has changed today from waiting for delivery to warehouse to awaiting connection to mobile network, currently being picked.

So fingers crossed that it could be on it's way :D

Guest Shaunfarris

I phone OneStop this morning and was told that they expected the M2000 in today, and should be able to satify their outstanding order book this week.

Heres hoping :D

I phone OneStop this morning and was told that they expected the M2000 in today, and should be able to satify their outstanding order book this week.

Heres hoping :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read that Shaun, thought wkd ring them again!

And they report yes few are in stock but they r bein allocated to replacements and as yet still no to new upgrades!

Spend a good £500 pm with 4 handsets for my business, gave it large about going with O2 and still reckoned they cant do nout with regard to an upgrade without stock!!!

Will continue to bug as I want this Monster Truck phone ASAP

Right, I have just had two phone calls. One from a local supplier telling me I could have the phone on Friday (Which I have ordered !) and then about 30 min later, O sales rung and told me I could now order as they are now back in stock. I would ring O sales and ask.

DiGRem

Guest jharvey00
Argh - what about retentions???

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No idea - has anyone called? I'm tempted to as my contract enters its last month tomorrow...don't wanna destroy my hopes tho!

Guest ichilton
No idea - has anyone called? I'm tempted to as my contract enters its last month tomorrow...don't wanna destroy my hopes tho!

Yep - they've been saying for the last week that there was a limited number in stock, the outbound team have started calling people and I would be getting a call any time.

This morning they said the outbound team have not had any in yet.... *sigh*

--ian

Guest ichilton

Hi,

ok, I spoke to retentions again and said I keep getting different answers every time I call. She went away and spoke to her supervisor, then came back and confirmed that they did have a small number showing in stock - marked for back orders only but they couldn't do anything until the outbound team called.

--ian

Guest Wozbacca

i called up retentions and was told there are none in stock, but the website refers to new customers/accounts only. so it would appear that then new people get a higher priority than those who have been with orange for 5 years!

Guest pride429

Yep thats what I got told today as well. New contracts have a healthy stock of the phones but upgrades do not and they do not know when this situation will be rectified.

Guest TheMadScot

I can see the (skewed) business logic here

New customer

Orange gets to sign up fresh meat who will pay the going rate for the handset on whatever tariff the customer chooses. Going by the Orange website, the lowest price you'll pay for an M2000 is £99.99 on a talk 400 (or equivalent) and above. The price for the handset goes for £249.99 on the more common tariffs.

Versus

Existing long-term customer

If they're after the M2000, it's usually because they have had either a Smartphone or PPC device for a while; they're going to try to squeeze Orange to get their handset for as low a price as possible, threatening to disconnect and switch to other providers, arguing price-matches vs. other suppliers etc. in order to get their M2000 from them.

If we knew what price Orange were buying in these devices for, we'd have a better handle on their business logic. I'm guessing that, with the cost of unconnected Blue Angel devices being around the £550 mark, HTC are selling them for about £300 - £400 a pop. Naturally providers like O2, T-Mobile and Orange negotiate their own prices for their own customised versions based on projected volume sales, but that would still probably mean a buy price of around £250.

So if you're on a Talk 200 tariff with Orange and decide that you're don't want to pay for your M2000, 'cause you've been with then for a few years now, Orange would only be guaranteed to get £110 in revenue from you during the next twelve months - assuming you don't incur any out-of-bundle charges.

A new customer connecting to the same tariff has to pay £249.99 for their M2000, plus the £30/month for the tariff itself, thus netting Orange £360 in guaranteed revenue... more than three times as much from their exsiting customer.

I can't condone what Orange are doing with respect to their customer base, but taken purely as a business decision it makes perfect sense.

The only part of their current strategy that irks me is their aparrent negligence to customers whom are awaiting replacement M2000's owing to faults etc.; were I in charge, those customers would be given the highest priority in the handset allocation queue.

Guest pride429

Well as you said its skewed business as people who really want this product will do exactly what they threaten to do - namely leave orange to get the goods elsewhere. I'm lucky in that I can still use my P900 whilst I wait for the situation to be resolved but as time passes and newer phones become available I may just find an alternative and get that instead. What annoys me more is the very poor standard of orange CS as its very much a lottery depending on who deals with your call.

Guest raiderz
A new customer connecting to the same tariff has to pay £249.99 for their M2000, plus the £30/month for the tariff itself, thus netting Orange £360 in guaranteed revenue... more than three times as much from their exsiting customer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats not quite true because www.fones4free.com are doing M2000's for £24.99 on 24 month talk 200+200 contract, so really the cost of upgrading/new customers is the same.

This is the problem I keep getting with O, I've been with them for 9 years every year I try and try to get a better contract and a cheap phone, I always get the cheap phone, but I'm still on bog standard Talk 200 for all my phones, dont get anything free at all with them. I got 1000 free texts with one of them but that offer only lasted for 6 months.

I'm in business and I look after my existing customers first, they are the core of the business, without them I'm nothing, Orange should take note of my experiences, most new customers now are migrations from other networks.

Nearly everybody in the county has a mobile phone now don't they?

Edited by raiderz

Guest jharvey00

Got a call from orange shop in Brum today - they had 5 M2000's delivered this morning and there is one left waiting with my name on it! :D So much for 3 weeks.... :|

Anyone had anyluck with upgrades/retentions yet?

Guest RussellH

Spoke to Replacements again today. Still none in stock. Only appear to be available for new customers. To be fair though, when the first batch came in before Christmas, they were for Upgrades only and not for new customers, so I suppose they're giving new customers a chance to get some now. Interesting to see in an earlier post that replacements appear to have been given to corporate customers, especially as they say they're still out of stock! I can't help thinking that if they were to explain the genuine reasons for their stock problems, most customers would understand, be happier and wait for them to come back in. The only reason I feel the need to keep ringing to check every day is because I don't know what's going on and therefore want to ensure I get my replacement as soon as possible, particularly as I'm worried they'll run out again before I get mine.

EDIT - Blimey - just noticed - My 100th post!

Edited by RussellH

Guest TheMadScot
Thats not quite true because www.fones4free.com are doing M2000's for £24.99 on 24 month talk 200+200 contract, so really the cost of upgrading/new customers is the same.

If fones4free want to discount the handset more than orange do, that's up to them: they still buy the handset from Orange for whatever price Orange sell it to them. I used to work as an administrator for an independent comms retailer and they would get get comission from networks based on the following:

1. A fixed comission for signing up a new customer

2. A variable comission based on the tariff they connect the customer to

3. Ocassionally comissions based on "value add" services such as bundes etc.

You'd be surprised how high these comissions can be from time to time and, based on the overall "connection margin," that's how the independents decide what price to sell the handset for.

I'm in business and I look after my existing customers first, they are the core of the business, without them I'm nothing, Orange should take note of my experiences, most new customers now are migrations from other networks.
So am I, and I also believe that customers should be given the same level of service whether they've been with you for five years or five days - although, being a photographer, my main revenue comes from new customers.

Nearly everybody in the county has a mobile phone now don't they?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard somewhere yesterday that the number of handsets in use in the UK now exceeds the population; an increacing number of people own more than one mobile.

At this level of market saturation, pretty much the only way to get new business is via enticing people away from their existing network - but common sense would say that you don't gain anything in real terms from doing so.

Guest dazultra2000

I'm actually impressed with how some of you are keeping your cool.

I'm still raging with anger.

The woman who said she'd waive my line rental for the period I'm without my M2000 hasn't...

My Orange Care information sheet arrived the other day, with "Sony Ericsson P910i" plastered on the front of it!

I've been lied to a LOT

And I'm STILL waiting for an M2000...I don't think I've ever been so furious with anything before. I just wish there was something I could do.

Guest andyr27

New Post

Orange have lost the plot. They offered me a free M2000 and a second identical sim card (I have an existing Nokia car kit that cost a fortune).

Today I am told that only new customers will get the M2000 and 'I don't know who told you that we could give you a 2nd SIM card'

Our experience ha sall the hallmarks of on eof the cheesy John Cleese videos on how not to run a business. :D

Guest sganatra

I dont know what is worse, waiting for the phone for the first time or waiting for a replacement.

I would think replacements, as my contract is up, and the only thing keeping me with Orange is loyalty.

I dont blame you for getting pissed off.

Guest ichilton
My M2000 arrived yesterday!  :D Been waiting for ages! but its finally over! Stocks have arrived back into the estate

How did you order it, and from where?

--ian