SD cards

Guest J273

Guest namiran

no, i didnt get it for the jams sake, i got it cuz i often dont have time to wait "just a few more minutes" when storing new files on the card, now i simply dont have to wait :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DJDevious

Thought I'd add my findings of the Integral High Speed 66x 1gb SD Card, bought from BlankDiscShop yesterday for £51.89. Received this morning using Royal Mail Special Delivery (total £56.65).

Works great so far in my MDA compact, loaded it with about 700mb already :oops:

Guest En_croute
This my preferred memory supplier :

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UK-MEMORY-SUPPLIER

Good prices / service.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've bought 2 x 1gb SD cards from here a few days ago, and will let you know when they arrive. The auction says "Insurance Included", but then says £1.99 at the end. I was charged £3.98 despite the value being under most £2 postage insurance quotas (UK £2 will give you £500 insurance).

Also the actual postage from the US is about $2.40 (according to feedback comments), and they charge £6.99 for the 1st card and £5.99 for the second - £12.98 ($25) plus $7.50 insurance - It's a big mark-up.

eBay Feedback indicated there is no insurance bought at the post office, so you have to resort to PayPal / eBay refunding the money for non-arrivals. Technically this could be seen as a breach of contract - paying for something not delivered.

This is not uncommon on eBay, fees are not charged on postage and insurance. So profit is the main motive here, and to keep the goods value down (good for posting internationally as well).

But remember this when comparing prices.

I've e-mailed him re the Insurance - we'll see if I get a partial refund.

Saying that the goods feedback is excellent - that's why I still went ahead.

Edited by En_croute

Guest GothTeddy

That's the very reason that I've stayed clear of eBay - ridiculous postage costs. Even the UK based ones are extortionate, and I'm just not going to support that kind of bald faced profiteering...

That's why I bought a Dane-Elec card from Value Media - cost me £58.38, of which postage (first class recorded, I might add) was £1.99.

Guest FragMeister

I have customised my ebay list display to include the postage charges. This is especially important for overseas items as they seem to be cheap prices for the goods, and often charge high postage, so they aren't as cheap as initially appear

Edited by FragMeister

Guest En_croute

MichelleO - Glad to hear, my SDI WiFi Card is ont eh way (hopefully)

What's the dotted line at the top - a battery meter ? and what's the Uptime bar show/work etc ?

Guest MitchellO

And the uptime meter is actually called uptime! You can get it at http://ae.inc.ru/uptime_t.html . Works great! It shows your current battery status (%), time used, when the timer started, and the total life it thinks you will get out of a battery (it constantly recalculates). great freeware program.

Look forward to the WiFi. It is supurb. Coupled with landscape, and some sites are soooo much better. Overall, I think it is a must-have accessory. I had wifi in my last handheld (a bulky ipaq 4355) and I just couldnt give it up!

Guest MitchellO

I paid a total of about $190 for my two 1Gb SD Cards. I got the Sandisk 1Gb off ebay and the Lexar 1Gb from CompUSA (on a recent trip. Bought for my 3.1MP digicam but rarely use it in the cam so the XDA gets it!).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest denialnw10

Does anyone know what the fastest brands are, because I hear that even though some brands profess to be fast (x66) some brands that run at x40 are faster or just as fast!

Any ideas???

Guest mike-oh

I have a 128mb integral and a 256mb sandisk. Neither are quoted in any multiples of speed yet the sandisk one is much faster. It's un-noticeable in the phone yet makes a big difference in my Minolta Dimage Z3 camera.

Not exactly the answe you were after denialnw10 but it goes to show that some brands are indeed faster than others.

I've have a 1Gb 40x lexar in the post, i'll let you know how that goes when it gets here.

mike

Guest denialnw10

Nope, thats exactly what i meant mike-oh. I ordered the 1Gb Bytestor Hi-Speed SD Card off Amazon, but it seems that I got an email saying that the seller couldnt send it for some silly reason, then I heard that Panasonic and Lexar 40x (also produced by Panasonic) may still out-perform the Hi-speed Bytestor card! Which just baffles me!

I think I might just go for the Lexar! Where did you get yours from?

Guest tobinharris

I just ordered:

- Sandisk 256MB Wi-Fi card for £84.95 (http://www.davoom.com/products/index.php?boxaction=main&categoryId=114)

- Apacer 60x 1GB High Speed SD card for £52.00 (http://www.davoom.com/products/index.php?boxaction=main&categoryId=12#)

The whole lot came to £138.48 inc delivery, which wasn't bad I thought 8-) However...

I saw this on eBay which makes me wonder if I should cancel the order! Anyone bought from this guy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7500449977&rd=1

£56.98 + £7p&p for a Sandisk WiFi. Very interesting....

Tobes