SD cards

Guest J273

Guest MitchellO

I have a 1Gb Sandisk (ebay) and a 1Gb Lexar (CompUSA) and both work perfectly. Speeds are fine (they aren't special or highspeed cards) and both work fine in my XDA II Mini, Kodak CX7330 Digicam, iPAQ 4355, Palm Zire 71, several card readers, video cam and several other devices.

Guest denialnw10

:D Just got my Apacer 1GB Memory card form PCNextDay.co.uk and I have nothing but praise for the website! It actually came next day! Considering I was being cheap and opted for the 3-5 day standard Royal Mail dilevery because it was cheaper! WooooooOooOOoOOoOOOoOOhHHOohohhooooOOoOOOoooooOoOo

PS Do I need to format the card and how do I do that?

Edited by denialnw10

Guest mike-oh

I ordered my apacer 1gb from pc next day at fri lunch time and it arrived monday morning! and i went for cheapo delivery too! Fantastic stuff! Unfortunately it's back at my 'rents house so i'm waiting to try it out now.

I don't think you need to format it but you may need a card reader to do it. It's a simple as right click and then click format.

Mike

Edited by mike-oh

Guest denialnw10

:D Cheers Mike! Got too excited and loaded the card with videos already!

Its so good! The transfer rate using the phone rather than the card reader is quite slow, but that hasn't phased me! Im lovin' it!

Guest mike-oh

Ok, finally got my 'rents to bring me the SD card and boy is it fast!!

I copied over a 114mb episode of 24 using my Cheapo Ebuyer USB 2.0 card reader and timed my 3 cards (all formatted to FAT 32 incedentally)

1Gb Apacer 40x = 15s

256Mb Sanddisk = 50s

128Mb Integral = 1min 50s (yawn)

The Apacer was quoted at 40x on the website but has no flashy advertising on the packet or on its own label. However it is obviously LOADS faster than my other cards.

Hope that helps someone

If anyone could explain in lay mans terms what they do to make the cards faster i'd be interested.

Mike

Edited by mike-oh

Guest MitchellO

Probably remove whatever restriction they put on the "normal speed" cards so they perform at their max and they can be sold for more! :D

I'm not really sure.

Guest Pondrew

Well, can't offer anything new as to why they go faster but I've just followed you guys example and given PCnextday some of my hard earned cash. Hoping to receive my 1gb Apacer SD card in next couple of days.

Been wanting a 1gig card to go with my MDA III for ages and decided the price and apparent high speed justified it.

PCnextday should pay Modaco commission! Had never even heard of them til now. Now I'm seriously considering investing in some ram for my PC...

Guest andysalmon
I saw this on eBay which makes me wonder if I should cancel the order! Anyone bought from this guy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7500449977&rd=1

£56.98 + £7p&p for a Sandisk WiFi. Very interesting....

Tobes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Tobes only just read this thread. I used that very auction and I've had the card for 4 days now! Surfing at costa coffe this afternoon! Brilliant service (and price)