Smart Mille Bornes Game

Guest solomonk

Guest xenophobe

I'd like to have games that are longer than 5000 points as well.

When I look at SP Task Manager, there are numerous listings... sometimes up to 4 or so. Is there any way you can combine all the screens so it only shows up as one instance of the game/app?

When I look at SP Task Manager, there are numerous listings... sometimes up to 4 or so.  Is there any way you can combine all the screens so it only shows up as one instance of the game/app?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right xenophobe, when displaying turn or game results, we can see in TaskManager multiple SmartMilleBornes apps ...

What do you think about it Solomonk ?

Guest solomonk

Hi, all!

For now i working on 1.1 version. It will support external languages and images for cards and table, so will be full localizable :lol:

Also I`ll try to realize all your suggestions :(

Also it will have config file for customize the game.

Please be patiend 8)

5000 points - is the original rule :D Ok, I think it will be easy to add such option :D

u're right xenophobe, when displaying turn or game results, we can see in TaskManager multiple SmartMilleBornes apps ...

What do you think about it Solomonk ?

Be sure, that you have only one instance of SmartMilleBornes.exe.

I think that this "multiple instances" is only a different gui-threads... I`ll try to look deeper in problem... :D

Guest xenophobe

Sometimes the 200 mile card will go into the drop pile after I've fixed something... I still haven't narrowed it down yet, but there are times when it SHOULD have been applied, but won't accept it. I'll try to figure out if there is some weird combo that follows some kind of pattern, but it's annoying.

Guest sgannon
Sometimes the 200 mile card will go into the drop pile after I've fixed something...  I still haven't narrowed it down yet, but there are times when it SHOULD have been applied, but won't accept it.  I'll try to figure out if there is some weird combo that follows some kind of pattern, but it's annoying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought it was a bug, then I read the instructions and found you can only use the 200 card twice in a 1000 mile trip. It gets discarded after being used twice.

Guest xenophobe

Oh, I something weird happened....

Last night when I was playing... opponent sent a Stop, there was a Coup Fourre, and a GoGoGo card, I played some miles, and then my computer teammate placed a Go card on top of the Stop that had been X'd out.

Don't place much merit in this until I can get it to happen again. I'm mostly posting it here just so I don't forget. lol

[Edit] Oh, it pisses me off when I see my computer teammate discard 200 miles in the beginning rounds of a game, or a good hazard...

Is there some kind of order to the cards that should be discarded, or does the opponent or your teammate just discard randomly?

Edited by xenophobe

The computer teammate doesn't discard randomly. I.e when i crash, the teammate uses a repair card if he have one. If you mean that he uses a 200 mile card before a go card have been placed, the developer have to add that if go haven't been placed, the teammate shouldn't use 'mile' cards.

Edited by zimyc

Guest xenophobe

That is playing a valid card, which the teammate does just fine.

Please understand I'm talking about DISCARDING... when a team mate throws away a card because he has no valid moves. Why would my teammate DISCARD a 200 mile card when we haven't even put a "GO" card down?

Guest solomonk
Oh, I something weird happened....

Last night when I was playing...  opponent sent a Stop, there was a Coup Fourre, and a GoGoGo card, I played some miles, and then my computer teammate placed a Go card on top of the Stop that had been X'd out. 

Yes, really weird situation, I`ll try to look

[Edit]  Oh, it pisses me off when I see my computer teammate discard 200 miles in the beginning rounds of a game, or a good hazard... 

Is there some kind of order to the cards that should be discarded, or does the opponent or your teammate just discard randomly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are some strategy to discard cards based on 'cards-usefull-weights'. This is not a ideal thing, so there are some strange things may happen :?:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest solomonk

So, if you want to localize game into your language you have to:

1. Rename, for example, locale_en.smbskin into *.zip

2. Unzip this zip file :D

3. Change all necessary resources (Strings.xmland images, also change in "skin.config" with your locale name (it will be displayed in select-language-menu))

4. Finally, pack all files back into zip archieve and rename it into *.smbskin

5. Thats all...

Marc-O! I attach Francias locale based on your translation, but it`s it not full for now, becouse of many strings added. Please translate it and attach to this topic :D

Guest u116040

Thank !

Work fine on my E200, so diplay an error on my PC(the old version work), any idea ?

(I'm translating the end of french file;))

post-116040-1112028229_thumb.jpg

Edited by u116040

Guest u116040

I've translated french file, added the

Coup fourré : who was missing,

and changed "Wisit free email courses on Yahoo Groups!"(who wanted say nothing in french) into "Version française par :\nalex131089\nSil51(Marc-O)", and renamed Strings.xml into strings.xml.

How to put a ç (for Français) into skin.config ?

Thank for this version :D

(You have to rename locale_fr.zip into locale_fr.smbskin :D )

locale_fr.zip

Edited by u116040

Guest solomonk
Thank !

Work fine on my E200, so diplay an error on my PC(the old version work), any idea ?

(I'm translating the end of french file;))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, there are some .NET API incompatibles inter versions for pc and smartphone. So, play it on your E200 :D

Thanks for translation! You can put any Unicode symbols into skin.config becouse of it is simple xml file :D

Guest u116040
Thanks for translation! You can put any Unicode symbols into skin.config becouse of it is simple xml file  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok for PC .. :D :D

For the ç, i've changed Utf_8 encoding into <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Unicode"?>, put the ç at the good place, and save the file with notepad in Unicode, it's good ? So it work :D

locale_fr.zip

Guest Sil51

Hi all !

I'm finally back (long work...)

So, a new version of the game, localized ! Cooooool !

I download it right now to test... on my new SPV C500 ! :D

Thanks solomonk

Edited by Sil51

Guest u116040
Hi all !

I'm finally back (long work...)

So, a new version of the game, localized ! Cooooool !

I download it right now to test... on my new SPV C500 !  :D

Thanks solomonk

See attached, full fench translated string.xml file...  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:roll: j'avais deja traduit :roll: lol