Smart Mille Bornes Game

Guest solomonk

Guest solomonk

Ok, 1.02 version is out (Hank, I've fixed the bug you found)..

I think I'm done with the game, all next releases will be just bugfixes - if you report any, hope not :D

Next plan - make one more game I really like - Parchessi ;)

Guest lafester

Thanks for the update!

Works great on my dash but it still crashes at the end so you can't see the final score just like it did on my old mpx200 with wm2003 a couple years ago ;)

this is one of my old favorites brought back to life. thanks!

Now if only stuff would make boxy pocket dash compatable.

thanks again!

chris

Guest Hank Clyatt
Ok, 1.02 version is out (Hank, I've fixed the bug you found)..

I think I'm done with the game, all next releases will be just bugfixes - if you report any, hope not :D

Next plan - make one more game I really like - Parchessi ;)

Thanks, I am still getting the Indexoutofbounds exception. The game is still reporting as 1.01, so there might be a problem with the upload or possibly the old version is cached somewhere. I'll try again later.

Hank

Guest solomonk
Thanks for the update!

you are welcome

Works great on my dash but it still crashes at the end so you can't see the final score just like it did on my old mpx200 with wm2003 a couple years ago ;)

could you please give me more details about the crash - version, what kind of game (normal, 2-p, 3-p), etc?

Guest lafester
you are welcome

could you please give me more details about the crash - version, what kind of game (normal, 2-p, 3-p), etc?

same error as posted above. at the end of a 2 player game you get the exception error.

i notice the latest version is not linked to download though.

i think i got 1.1.

thanks, chris

Guest Hank Clyatt
same error as posted above. at the end of a 2 player game you get the exception error.

i notice the latest version is not linked to download though.

i think i got 1.1.

thanks, chris

Solo,

It looks like I have the same problem. The app reports itself as ver 1.01. I guess the upload did not take, would it be possible for you to upload 1.02 of the qvga version again?

Thanks,

Hank

Guest solomonk
It looks like I have the same problem. The app reports itself as ver 1.01. I guess the upload did not take, would it be possible for you to upload 1.02 of the qvga version again?

ok, i've updated both QVGA and 176x220 versions (bug fix releases), please look into the first post..

Guest lafester
ok, i've updated both QVGA and 176x220 versions (bug fix releases), please look into the first post..

Thanks!

Still getting the error though ;)

Guest Hank Clyatt
damn, how's that possible ;)

Solo,

It looks like the upload to MoDaCo is not taking. The file date on the .exe is still showing March 6th, 2007. I even cleared my cache and re-download and there was no change. Perhaps if you rename the file, add 1.03 in the name or something.

Thanks,

Hank

Guest solomonk
It looks like the upload to MoDaCo is not taking. The file date on the .exe is still showing March 6th, 2007. I even cleared my cache and re-download and there was no change. Perhaps if you rename the file, add 1.03 in the name or something.

reuploaded..

Guest Qaelith
reuploaded..

It looks like every copy that is currently on this site is still 1.01, even the one whose filename includes "1.03" and even though the upload dates on all of those are very recent. Very odd. Is there another download site than Modaco that may have 1.03? I'm very eager to be able to reach 5,000 points without the inevitable game crash. By the way, the game looks great on my Motorola Q. I deeply appreciate your offering a version of one of my all-time favorite card games for my Smartphone at a time when there are very few good free games available for it.

Guest solomonk
It looks like every copy that is currently on this site is still 1.01, even the one whose filename includes "1.03" and even though the upload dates on all of those are very recent. Very odd. Is there another download site than Modaco that may have 1.03? I'm very eager to be able to reach 5,000 points without the inevitable game crash. By the way, the game looks great on my Motorola Q. I deeply appreciate your offering a version of one of my all-time favorite card games for my Smartphone at a time when there are very few good free games available for it.

ok, guys, i'm very sorry for the mess - i must've been mistakenly uploaded wrong versions both times.. ;)

reuploaded, tested :D

cheers! have fun!

Guest Hank Clyatt
ok, guys, i'm very sorry for the mess - i must've been mistakenly uploaded wrong versions both times.. ;)

reuploaded, tested :D

cheers! have fun!

Thanks, I'll try it and let you know if there are any problem. I really appreciate all your hard work that goes in to making this game.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AdamDawes

Hello Solomok,

I was very pleased to see you are working on a freeware version of Mille Bornes for the Pocket PC, it used to be one of my favourite games back in my Psion days. However, I'm having a problem that I hope you can look in to.

I'm playing on an i-mate PDA2 smart phone, running Windows Mobile 2003 SE. When I play the game (the QVGA version), in both portrait and landscape modes the menu bar at the bottom of the screen overlaps my cards, obscuring them so that I can't actually see what they are. I've taken a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

MilleBornesShot.png

Is there any chance you could look into fixing this so that I can play?

Also, am I right in thinking that there's no option to play to the original 1000 mile limit? From what I can see the shortest game is 5000 miles..?

Many thanks and best regards,

Adam.

Edited by AdamDawes

• 4 months later...
Guest Boulou
Hello Solomok,

I was very pleased to see you are working on a freeware version of Mille Bornes for the Pocket PC, it used to be one of my favourite games back in my Psion days. However, I'm having a problem that I hope you can look in to.

I'm playing on an i-mate PDA2 smart phone, running Windows Mobile 2003 SE. When I play the game (the QVGA version), in both portrait and landscape modes the menu bar at the bottom of the screen overlaps my cards, obscuring them so that I can't actually see what they are. I've taken a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

MilleBornesShot.png

Also, am I right in thinking that there's no option to play to the original 1000 mile limit? From what I can see the shortest game is 5000 miles..?

Many thanks and best regards,

Adam.

I've got the same issue ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest solomonk
Hello Solomok,

MilleBornesShot.png

the game version in this topic only for smartphone devices, you can find verion for PocketPC both QVGA and VGA on that topic

IMHO the 1000 miles limit is too short for original 4-players game.. If you really need that option, I can add it in some future release ;)

Edited by solomonk

Guest AdamDawes
the game version in this topic only for smartphone devices, you can find verion for PocketPC both QVGA and VGA on that topic

Aha, I hadn't spotted that -- thanks for the link, I'll take a look.