MDA COMPACT - Free on T Mobile (UK) now!

Guest TonyLondon

Guest TonyLondon
@TonyLondon...you taken the plunge yet???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not yet but I will do! I'm away on business at the moment. Looking forward to getting one though.

I favour the 18 month Relax 100 with six months half price rental - nice! I'll let you know when I get one.

I should have been on commission judging by the amount of sales this thread has generated lol.

Guest Perfectionist
Not yet but I will do! I'm away on business at the moment. Looking forward to getting one though.

I favour the 18 month Relax 100 with six months half price rental - nice! I'll let you know when I get one.

I should have been on commission judging by the amount of sales this thread has generated lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So your the reason why Scancom put up their prices then !!!

Guest GothTeddy

A big thumbs up to Scancom =D> My baby arrived yesterday (no thanks to Royal Fail). :(/

The screen protector that comes with it is, quite frankly, pish - I left it on for all of 5 seconds, could barely see the screen through it, never mind read it.

I've just bought Missing Sync so that I can get it up and running with my Mac - the prospect of sending my contacts one at a time over bluetooth wasn't pretty :lol:

Any idea how long it'll take for my contract to turn up?

Guest aydiner

My MDA Compact arrived this morning after ordering through Scancom.

Couple of first thoughts:

Smaller than I expected for a phone enabled PDA but still a tad big for a phone. I may still use my mpx200 for weekends out down the pubs, clubs etc...especially as it seems a tad fragile. Can't picture the MDA surviving the bangs and crashes my mpx200 has taken over the past year and a bit. Have to treat this baby with care.

Making calls seems like a bit of a naff and quite fiddly as does texting, but I expect I'll get used to this.

These are niggles as it is a great all in one device for the size.

Does anybody know which is a good bluetooth GPS receiver to use with it for TomTom?

Cheers,

Tony.

Guest FragMeister

Just seen it on www.ukphoneshop.com (albeit not currently in stock) for even less than on scancom AND with £30 cashback and 6month half price line rental on the 18 month 100 X-net mins contract.

*VERY* tempted by the bundle with Co-Pilot GPS navigation though...

Need to contact them as they dont seem to have the GPRS bundles to choose from (and no way am i going to pay £7.50/mb!!)

Edited by FragMeister

Guest Perfectionist
Just seen it on www.ukphoneshop.com (albeit not currently in stock) for even less than on scancom. Need to contact them as they dont seem to have the GPRS bundles to choose from (and no way am i going to pay £7.50/mb!!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep they are even cheaper !

Business Relax 100 for 12 months = £211.50 !! Plus they throw in 3 months insurance :lol:

But their Daytime 3000 tariff is more expensive :(

Can't figure out these mobile dealers !!

Edited by Perfectionist

Guest jason76

just caved in, still 6 months left with O but could not help it. orderd at 12:05 its now 12:47 and no phone ahhrr :lol: how long do these things take to come..

Guest mike-oh

lol!

I ordered mine at around 4:20pm monday at 4:30pm a cheerfull fella phoned me for my details and said it would be with me wednesday morning.

I had to go home to get it (in uni house at the mo), and 15 mins after crawling out of bed at half 7 the posty was here!

Unfortunately i had an agonising few hours wait for me mum to get back from mogrisons and bring me back here so i could plug it in, charge her up and play!!

Guest En_croute

Well, I ordered mine yesterday afternoon from Cancom.co.uk

And despite the sales guy putting my work address on it - they sent it to my home.

Grrr - blind despatch people !

Now I'll have to wait until tonight - and I'll have to do some work this afternoon!

So, what's the first thing I should install - I might even read the manual.....

Guest inspectorgadjet

It's not that the despatch people are blind...they're not allowed to ship to your work address. I asked numerous times for that, but they refused, saying every time that the phone had to be shipped to the billing address.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Athough they charge anything up to 40% again ;p Mine will FINALLY be here tomorrow morning, after my mum finally got round to posting it to my uni address from my home address. Can't wait :lol:

Guest En_croute
It's not that the despatch people are blind...they're not allowed to ship to your work address.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well they apologised - it was in theory fine - it was an administrative error.

It may have helped that my wife's phone, in my name, is with T-Mobile, but either way, I HAVE IT NOW !!!!

It's amazing.

Still setting up, it's very different from a Nokia!

Guest inspectorgadjet

You've made a good choice. I am sure you won't regret changing over from Nokia to the MDA Compact. It's an excellent device to move into the world of windows mobile with.

I used to love Nokia's back in the day before colour screens, but I just feel like their OS is lacking nowadays and clumsy to use.

Guest mike-oh

Wow you went from a n*%!a (that's a swear word round here) to one of these?!

Not sure i could've handled that!

I took it easy going from a siemens c45, to old skool SPV, to mpx200 to this beaut!

Guest En_croute

The Orange retentions department didn't know of the Jam/MDA Compact, and tried to palm me off with a Orange 500. So I doubt it will be soon.

Edited by En_croute

Guest belfast-biker
The Orange retentions department didn't know of the Jam/MDA Compact, and tried to palm me off with a Orange 500.  So I doubt it will be soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't the m500 their version of the samething thoug?

Guest En_croute

Sorry, I meant they tried to palm me off with an SPV C500.

The Orange Dutch site does have the Jam/MDA Compact badged in Orange, but there is no UK timetable.

Also, is says (in best babel fish translation):

"This small, tough toestel fits in very well your trousers pocket and includes all functionalities of the existing PDA's! At present this tel. is not yet deliverable, but we can let it you know as soon as he is at our available! "

Guest belfast-biker
Sorry, I meant they tried to palm me off with an SPV C500.

The Orange Dutch site does have the Jam/MDA Compact badged in Orange, but there is no UK timetable.

Also, is says (in best babel fish translation):

"This small, tough toestel fits in very well your trousers pocket and includes all functionalities of the existing PDA's! At present this tel. is not yet deliverable, but we can let it you know as soon as he is at our available! "

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can't even get the m2000 out properly yet, won't be holding breathe for m500.

MDA compact on way, to be flashed with t-mobile english ROM, and setup for ORange GPRS.