MDA COMPACT - Free on T Mobile (UK) now!

Guest TonyLondon

It seems a number of the members here have both the mda III and compact. On the compact do you find it easy to work with the pda/phone functions without the keyboard and larger screen of the MDA III

My p800 is annoyed with the screen keyboard being too small. Is the MDA compact screen keyboard usable? Can you use the compact one handed for texting and other basic functions or is the stylus needed?

I have been doing my nut for the past few weeks trying to decide which to get.....

So many questions cheers for any help :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I have to admit that my one bane with the MDA Compact is its terrible for texting, you HAVE to use the stylus, and thats very difficult when walking. Other than that the smaller screen, while obviously not being as comfortable as the m2000s, is far more practical from a phone perspective. Hope that makes sense...!

Yes it does thanks.

It is great having to stop in the street to write out a text, had that problem for two years with the p800 So hardened to it now :lol:

Last questions before the decision is made...

Having never owned a PDA what are the advantages to having the larger screen?

Do you think the smaller size of the compact impares the usability of the PDA's functionallity?

Thanks for your assistance very helpful

The next decision will be the 18 or 12 month contract. Can you only upgrade once on an 18 month contract?

Cheers

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It doesn't impare it at all. In fact it makes graphics look less grainy as the pixels are smaller. The screen is very nice, bright and vibrant. 18 month contract means 18 month upgrade afaik.

Guest MitchellO
I have to admit that my one bane with the MDA Compact is its terrible for texting, you HAVE to use the stylus, and thats very difficult when walking.  Other than that the smaller screen, while obviously not being as comfortable as the m2000s, is far more practical from a phone perspective.  Hope that makes sense...!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I din't know about the iMate JAM/MDA Compact, but the XDA II Mini has an extra input panel called Phone Pad. It brings up big buttons that are easy to use with one hand, and uses very predictive T9 text. Great for SMS and MSN. One handed use just like a normal phone. Actually, easier i find.

Guest En_croute

Add MS Voice Comand and it's a truly better handset than anything else.

I had Nokia's for most of my phone time, and this is truly amazing.

Very little it can't do (Send Contact Card by Text message from Contacts), and I LOVE it !

Voice command works flawlessly. It's great for playing music while in the car. You just tell it what you want to it play and it does it. I also find myself constantly asking it what my battery status is (not cos I need to know, just because I can) :lol:. I also use it to start my applications quite a lot especially tomtom navigator while in the car.

Edited by wesbar

Guest markdotpeters5

Wonder if you guys can help. i want one of these puppies on either Vodafone or t-mobile, don't mind which. I want the phone for free, with a tarriff similar to Orange's Square deal 200 minutes and 500 texts for £30 per month.

Willing to go to £40/month but not much more really. I've had a play with the numbers, and the best i can do is £43.50 /month average from UKPhoneshop.com. Can anyone beat that? :D

Guest tobinharris
Have a look here:

http://www.scancom.co.uk/product.php/84/1/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if I'm being stupid, but isn't UKPhoneShop cheaper than Scancom for T-Mobile prices?

On relax 100 for 12 months, I'd have to pay £20 for the phone with Scancom, but with UKPhoneShop it's FREE! What am I something?

Also, do you really have to redeem your bills to get the 1/2 price line rental. UKPhoneShop says...

"You must send a copy of your airtime bill to us for redemption to take place. E.g. To claim 3 months rental you must send your 3rd bill to us."

Guest Perfectionist

I got mine from T-mobile as a FREE upgrade :D

Naturally it took quite a few phone calls to convince them but it was worth it as I get to keep my number

Guest markdotpeters5

for the tarriff combo i wanted, scancom were £2 a month more expensive, but as ukphoneshop didn't have them in stock, and scancom did...

patience never was my strong point!

ordered a sandisk wi-fi sd card from ebay too :D it's only money! ;)/

Guest jklondon

www.zeewee.co.uk doing the ukmobileshop deal (i.e. free) + £5 for a Brando Screen Protector ....or this is what my mate told me who just brought one from them!

Guest Susan_Gray

Great mobile phone!

brought mine from a site called www.zeewee.co.uk

got a screen protector for a fiver!

cant go wrong!

THANKS ZEEWEEEEEEEEEE

Guest sisniper

OK Scancom are currently saying no phones until next week, and ukphoneshop saying none until the 23rd

Damn!!!

I want this phone NOW!!!!!!!

Any other sources that are as cheap anyone?????

thanks

Si

Guest En_croute
I want this phone NOW!!!!!!!

Any other sources that are as cheap anyone?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try T-Mobile shops.

Where are you based ?