MDA COMPACT - Free on T Mobile (UK) now!

Guest TonyLondon

Guest andysalmon
OK Scancom are currently saying no phones until next week, and ukphoneshop saying none until the 23rd

Damn!!!

I want this phone NOW!!!!!!!

Any other sources that are as cheap anyone?????

thanks

Si

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, I'm getting fed up with Scancom now. I ordered Mon, with a PROMISE of Wed or Thurs delivery. Phoned yesterday and was told Fri. Now Si is telling us next week. Think I might cancel with them and let the other company have my business.

Guest andysalmon

Phoned 'em, they're blaming T Mobile and say they will be getting 'em Weds 16th for onward shipping. The chap there stated thay had promised a lot of people delivery this week- Not good enough :D

Guest Perfectionist

Sorry - forgot to mention I am already on T-mobile..... so kept calling them up threatening to go to O2 if they didnt offer me a free upgrade :D

Took a few calls with each person I spoke to knocking a bit more off the price each time .... until I got it for free :D

The £13 a month tariff is called Everyone Off Peak 200 which suits me just fine..... total cost = 18 month contract x £13 = £234 = Pretty Darn Cheap for a JAM :D

Saves me enough money to go spend on accessories & software like so....

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=202419

:D

• 1 month later...
Guest mutsoft

Hi Guys,

Picked up my MDA COMPACT a couple of weeks ago from a T-Mobile store. They had so few it was first com first serve so I was lucky to get one when I did.

I was wondering! There seems to be alot of updates to the rom available going upto 1.11. The T-Mobile version is 1.01.

T-Mobile dont even have the phone on there web site let alone any rom upgrades. So the real questions is

1). Are there roms available for the Uk T-Mobile or will any of the Jam roms do

2). Are there any Cab files available to restore the T-Mobile settings after an upgrade.

3). Is there a tutorial available to help through the process of upgrading

4) Has some one succesfuly upgraded a T-Mobile MDA Compact Rom and if so could they share in the experience.

I am not to worried about doing an upgrade I just want to be sure that when I do choose to do one that I am armed with all the details and all the relevante files required.

It can be any worse than starting something and realising half the way through that you are missing a vital part.

OR

Should I just leave well alone and wait for T-Mobile to release an upgrade to the rom - sometime in the future - maybe never!

Thanks guys I hope you can help

Edited by mutsoft

Guest robinlondon

I'm thinking of getting the imate jam or MDA compact, any good offers out there? I've been looking at redstarphones.co.uk and they seem to have some good deals.

Robin

Guest UKPhoneShop.com

We have them in stock. TODAY.. ;)

We are the Main Retailers for the T-Mobile data products in the UK.. were are always the first to get the stock. You will have to be quick though, there are not many left. We have had over 600+ customers waiting on backorder.

Have a look at http://www.ukphoneshop.com/ for prices.

YES: zeewee is one of our resellers. We have over 1000 resellers with what we call White Label sites. You can tell one of our white lable sites by looking at the footer on the page. If it says 'Powered by UKPhoneShop.com Ltd' its one of ours. You can find out more about becoming a partner at

http://www.ukphoneshop.com/whitelabel.asp.

If any one needs any tech advice on the MDa or other data products just post here and I will try my best to help.

Hope I havent offended any one by posting what may be classed as a advertisment, just thought it might help because I know how hard they have been to get hold off.

Kind Regards

Chris Brodie

IT Director

UKPhoneShop.com Ltd

Edited by UKPhoneShop.com

Guest jfran

no offence chris, but you didnt have to post the sales pitch twice, a simple post about having stock would have sufficed the second time.

rgds

jim

Guest UKPhoneShop.com

No Problem Jim..

I'm a newbee, which is just trying to help.... Just thought I'd give a quick plug to the company aswell..

I'm not one of these spamers which make post after post trying to advertise there site..

I simply searched on google for UKPhoneShop.com to check other sites for copyright and this site came up with request for supply of the MDA... which we have. so I thought I'll post.

I admit .. Might have pluged it a bit too much.

regards

Chris

Edited by UKPhoneShop.com