MadBeetle Announce Animated Homescreen Plugin

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest markdotpeters5

Just had a play with this on my C500, all I can say is, this ROCKS!

I won't be getting the animation i've just done signed, as it's of an *ahem* educational nature. Easiest way of going it (I think) is to create the ani file (from the online help - which is very good) then just overwrite demon.ani and fiddle with the height in the xml.

worked a treat for me :lol:

This has really got me into Homescreens now :lol:

just working on a my first homescreen ever.... really simple one:-

the animation works quite well. hope to make a really good one soon.

P.S. files sent for signing!!!

EDIT: THIS V1.0 'Beta' is now in the homescreen download section.

post-2777-1108732251_thumb.jpg

Guest mavisdavis

Here's my attempt with a little help from Madbeetle himself. :lol:

Just a basic one with what I require on the homescreen

and the colours are naff :( :D

Hope you like..... more to follow soon If I can be bothered

1st_Screen.zip

post-2696-1108733320_thumb.jpeg

Guest coyspiracy
Here's my attempt with a little help from Madbeetle himself. :lol:

Just a basic one with what I require on the homescreen

and the colours are naff  :(  :D

Hope you like..... more to follow soon If I can be bothered

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, i was wondering if u can make the one with the guy doing the windmill??. dat one looks good.

Hello everyone.

Just wondering if anyone is able to upload/attach the animation plugin and animation editor on this forum please so that myself and others can download it while the madbeetle.com site is down.

Many thanks!

Franky...

Guest MrMagoo
Hello everyone. 

Just wondering if anyone is able to upload/attach the animation plugin and animation editor on this forum please so that myself and others can download it while the madbeetle.com site is down. 

Many thanks!

Franky...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seconded...

Guest madbeetle

Just a note to explain the change from a free plugin download to a charged download. Its been a manic 3 days, blew the bandwidth allowance on my site, and spent alot of time answering emails, building homescreens etc etc. Not all homescreen are on my site - only the best. So I've switch the plugin to a $2.95 download. Hopefully you all agree its a minimal payment for a great plugin, and it means the time Im putting into it is not for nothing. The signing and editor are still free, so hopefully we will still get some great new homescreen designs. :lol:

Guest nickcornaglia

Madbeetle:

No problem with the charge in my opinion.

By the way...

How many instances of the plugin can be used on the screen at once? Is it limited to one instance or can I have a few?

Guest madbeetle
Madbeetle:

No problem with the charge in my opinion.

By the way...

How many instances of the plugin can be used on the screen at once? Is it limited to one instance or can I have a few?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've not tried more than one. Code wise there is no reason why you can't have more. But it might start affecting the phone. The homescreens don't have the concept of updating an area, so each frame the whole screen gets redrawn. If you had more than one it would be generating more redraws and might grind it to a holt. It'll be interesting to try though - especially if the delays between frames are long.

Just a note to explain the change from a free plugin download to a charged download. Its been a manic 3 days, blew the bandwidth allowance on my site, and spent alot of time answering emails, building homescreens etc etc. Not all homescreen are on my site - only the best. So I've switch the plugin to a $2.95 download. Hopefully you all agree its a minimal payment for a great plugin, and it means the time Im putting into it is not for nothing. The signing and editor are still free, so hopefully we will still get some great new homescreen designs. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, not much I can do about that.. since I have been away from my computer and therefore not been able to DL the plugin until today I will pay for it.

Just seems a bit "anoying" to me, that the interest in your plugin surpriced you so much.. and made you charge. It would have been better, imo, if you made it a "tester" at first, so that us unfortunate ones didn't feel like we have to pay for something others got for free.

I can understand why you want something for your work, but it still would have been better if you thought of this before posting it for free..

Great work though..

TKJ

i am a bit gutted also... :lol: only downloaded the first one before there were some changes/fixes... i can only test my new ones with the old one now..

will have to buy the new one now :(

Guest agent.m

is it me or does some plugins zapp battery. not wanting to throw accusations but got a message that battery was low and it turned itself off at work. never done that before and it was on 2 bars :?:

Guest scott2eyes

I have absolutely nothing against charging for this plugin (although I'm gutted that it was released right after I sent my phone back fro repairs!), but if it's simply a bandwidth/£$£$ problem, wouldn't an alternative option be to have a site like MoDaCo host it in their freeware section?

Guest markdotpeters5

no problem with paying for it either, but will we be able to make our own anis without 'demo' flashing all over them. WITHOUT sending them to you guys I mean.

That's the only thing that would stop me, it's a bit of a PITA.

Guest tsutton
no problem with paying for it either, but will we be able to make our own anis without 'demo' flashing all over them. WITHOUT sending them to you guys I mean.

He said the files have to be signed, otherwise it will not work. That's why it has the 'demo' flashed on it in order for you to sign the file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.