Simple Homescreen

Guest simon211175

Guest simon211175

okay, chucky.egg found a thread here with the answer - which believe it or not is because of default caller ids!!!!

Now if I can just fugure out why the second shutdown image insists on showing the startup image I'll be laughing :lol:

Guest simon211175
Now if I can just fugure out why the second shutdown image insists on showing the startup image I'll be laughing

Now I'm laughing - at my own stupidity :oops: Cleared up all the typing errors in my .inf file and recreated the cab. Now I find everything seems to work as you would expect. Hurrah.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AverageInsaneDane

I still have the orange large line down of the incoming call screen. How do you remove it?

Furthermore I have large L-shaped spot down of the missed calls screen...

Guest simon211175

the orange bar is set by Orange in the Caller ID application (go to the Orange menu on your phone). The orange bars are used as default caller ID images - I've turned the facility off on my phone as I don't want to use caller id. This resolved the problem on my phone.

I have no idea what the L shaped spot is, any chance of a screen shot?

Guest AverageInsaneDane
the orange bar is set by Orange in the Caller ID application (go to the Orange menu on your phone). The orange bars are used as default caller ID images - I've turned the facility off on my phone as I don't want to use caller id. This resolved the problem on my phone.

I have no idea what the L shaped spot is, any chance of a screen shot?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have successfully removed the orange bar, thank you!

A screen shot... How do you do that? Doesn't that require some speciel program?

• 1 month later...
Guest Abecedarian

(Sorry I am commenting a few months after the fact. This is my first post here, so I have an excuse for being behind the curve!)

I am unsure if this would make a difference, but I noticed that you have the following in your Feb 25 post of the cab:

Although the installer could be ignoring the "\\Home\" in the third line that I posted, I wouldn't give it the benefit of the doubt.

This could possibly explain your comment that "it shows the startup graphic rather than the shutdown one" on Feb 18. I haven't had a chance to install it yet, so I could very well just be drudging up old/unimportant information.

Out of curiousity, where can I find a good .cab creator, especially one that can allow me to install files and edit the registry? Please excuse me if there is an easy-to-find page; I have done a few searches and come up with nothing.

I am about to hard reset again (and probably again afterwards), and have a few things that I would rather not have to manually go and change again and again. Sprite is great if you are a person who has the money and who wants EVERYTHING backed up, but I am neither of those people right now!

Guest simon211175

I just use cabwizSP which I think comes with the SDK toolkit from Microsoft. With it you create a file to tell the packager where to put everything and what registry settings to change.

The startup graphic does appear in the lastest version - I had spelt something wrong, although I can't remember what now.