Backup your Typhoon ROM

Guest puppy

Guest jimmyz
How would you test to see if the phone was using 850mhz?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no idea haha. I wish there were some sort of app to tell us what freq the phone was using.

• 2 months later...
Guest jenya

I have successfully done a backup of my ATT unlocked 5600, but when I try to do the cingular in tera term here is what I get... anyone know a way around this???

r2sd all

***** user area size = 0xF140000 Bytes

R2SDBackup() - Download type = 6

usTotalBlock = 1 sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

Load Binary NORMAL partition: data from DiskOnChip to RAM

Start to read bianry partition.

Read binary partition successfully.

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

Guest smeg36

I have a SMT5600 and a SP3i. The SP3i has the 900Mhz frequency, and I wanted to try placing hte SMT5600 GSM file on the SP3i to see if I could get 850Mhz working. I know, it is posted everywhere that it is a harware issue not software, but I have also seen a few instances where it may have worked. So I want to try it out.

I have extracted the GSM radio code from the SMT5600 with no problems. I have two minisd cards, so I saved it to my computer as well as kept it on a minisd card. I then tried to extract the GSM radio code from the SP3i for a backup to go back to 900Mhz if I wanted to, but I get the same error posted above, "You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image". So I did a backup of the all instead, and that worked fine. I saved that to my computer as well as kept it on my second minisd card.

I then place my first minisd with the GSM radio code from the SMT5600 into the SP3i, and go to the bootloader. I get the message about downloading the image, and press the volume down button. At this point I get the message "Not allow update!".

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions? I can definately test if this changes the frequency as the only tower near my house I know for fact to be 850Mhz.

Guest liquidsg
I have successfully done a backup of my ATT unlocked 5600, but when I try to do the cingular in tera term here is what I get... anyone know a way around this???

r2sd all

***** user area size = 0xF140000 Bytes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the phone must be unlocked first.

Guest extravagant
Please do some research before posting stupid comment like this.

It shouldn't be so hard for to understand that the new features in Windows Media Player 10 Mobile is badly needed by many users:

* Better support for playlists

* Support for a library

* Support for better syncing in Windows Media Player 10 (on Windows XP)

* Support for album art images

* Support for skins

* Support for PhotoStory 3

* Support for MP3 ring tones in the OS

* Support for other codecs provided by the manufacturer

The Typhoon is a great MP3 player. No need for iPods.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm fortunate enough I already have the SMT 5600 ATT ROM, however I would like to back it up just in case because I had 1 phone and it broke and I couldn't reflash it so I had to pay so much money for Audiovox to fix it. I suggest you do not listen to that guy puppy, if he was nice and ledgitimate, he would have posted it himself for everyone to enjoy. So I suggest forget him. Hes only playing around with everyone and certainly he does not seem knowledgable, by telling you to buy an ipod. He should understand costs, redunancies, and consolidation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Austin519

I've tried to do the same thing another user has done, namely change my Audiovox over to Cingular, and I get "not allow update!" as well. Any ideas anyone? Those this has worked for...have you guys sim unlocked your phones, because I have not yet.

Austin519

Guest puppy
I've tried to do the same thing another user has done, namely change my Audiovox over to Cingular, and I get "not allow update!" as well.  Any ideas anyone?  Those this has worked for...have you guys sim unlocked your phones, because I have not yet.

Austin519

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just flashed Cingular ROM to my SMT5600 last night. Did you unlock your phone? AT&T Wireless locked the SMT5600 phones.

Guest Austin519

puppy:

Oh they're app locked? I totally didn't know that. If that's the case point me to the place explaining the easiest way to unlock it and I'll go try it out. Thanks!

Austin519

Guest puppy
Ah...damn.  That sucks real bad.  I really, really, REALLY don't want to have to pay florin...again...for that.

Austin519

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it's better than buying another phone from Cingular!

http://www.imei-check.co.uk/

If you haven't switched yet, you can just tell Cingular that you have an unlocked GSM phone and they won't put you on a contract. But go to a Cingular Corp. Store instead. Authorized resellers will always try to get you buying a new phone and locking to a service contract.

Edited by puppy

Guest Austin519

Eh...I'm definitely not paying more money to florin...just way too much to spend every time. Guess I'll just stick with what I got.

Austin519

Guest Champ

Well, I officially have backed up my ROM, successfully restored the original ROM, and unlocked the phone I bought last week from the Cingular store. It cost me $38 bucks to do the unlock, but I am hopeful that I will some how, by hook or crook, get a WM 5.0 ROM for the Typhoon device. It really pisses me off that I can't get an upgrade for 2003 SE from Audiovox or Cingular. I called audiovox and they had the balls to tell me that I would/could not get an upgrade "because the hardware won't support WM 5.0" What BS, I have seen it running on the Typhoon.... HTC has confirmed that 5.0 will work, but they won't even SELL me an image. This is like Dell telling me I can't upgrade my computer from Windows 98 to XP. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Guest Austin519

Champ:

The ROM was placed on Bittorrent a few days ago.

Austin519

Well,  I officially have backed up my ROM, successfully restored the original ROM, and unlocked the phone I bought last week from the Cingular store.  It cost me $38 bucks to do the unlock, but I am hopeful that I will some how, by hook or crook, get a WM 5.0 ROM for the Typhoon device.  It really pisses me off that I can't get an upgrade for 2003 SE from Audiovox or Cingular.  I called audiovox and they had the balls to tell me that I would/could not get an upgrade "because the hardware won't support WM 5.0"  What BS, I have seen it running on the Typhoon.... HTC has confirmed that 5.0 will work, but they won't even SELL me an image.  This is like Dell telling me I can't upgrade my computer from Windows 98 to XP.  Keeping my fingers crossed....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Champ
Champ:

The ROM was placed on Bittorrent a few days ago.

Austin519

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, speaking of that I installed the ROM today on my Cingular Audiovox. It was fairly easy and I encountered no hiccups. However, I may look at the ROM floating out there, my cellular service reads "310410" instead of Cingular, and somes times reads ATT Wireless, with a triangle...

So far, my favorite feature is the ability to actually get caller id on my Jabra BT800. I am dismayed that there is still no support for the EDGE network in windows mobile.

Champ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nborton

What is the size of the backup ROM file? Your instructions say 31328768 (hex: 1DE0A00), when I backup my Rom with Tera Term, I see D user size = 0x3C8C0000, Image total size = 0x1DE0800.

Now 0x1De0800 is 31328256.. both backup a .bin with no errors. Am I overthinking this because I don't want my phone to explode if I put the wrong bin file on it? or does that extra 500bits make a difference?

Also, can someone PM me a link to the cingular ROM? I have the ATT 5600 and can't believe cingular doesn't have a link to download on their website :)

Thanks

Guest Austin519

Champ:

Whaaa?! It works?!?! I wanted to get the BT800 and was afraid of that. Does it really work? With just the Cingular ROM, or the new WM5 rom?

Austin519

• 2 weeks later...

great stuff.

it worked for my ROM 4.1.1.4 (I can backup).... however I was unable to connect it to my smartcard reader on my PC and do the psdread stuff....

but now, I formatted that miniSD ... I can read the miniSD (obviously its blank).

I upgraded my SPV C500 ROM to the new Uk ROM... 4.2.1.1 and did the steps again (r2sd all) and i get this error:

r2sd all

***** user area size = 0x1E680000 Bytes

and yes, my phone has disabled the security certificate

??

• 2 weeks later...

silly Q

lets say I upgrade the OS or downgrade the SPV C500 OS

and i had already backed up using this guide the entire ROM/OS.

Would I still be able to restore the phone from that back up I made on my miniSD? Like will it restore the ROM and OS I had before when using r2sd all ?

Guest Champ
Champ:

Whaaa?!  It works?!?!  I wanted to get the BT800 and was afraid of that.  Does it really work?  With just the Cingular ROM, or the new WM5 rom?

Austin519

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah - It's phat. As far as I know, only WM5 supports the bluetooth handsfree profile - which is how it communicates caller id to the headset. On WM2003 sometimes I'd get caller id, sometimes I'd get Jarbled numbers...

Edited by Champ

interesting.

I cannot seem to backup my ROM. This is what happens:

I have an SPV C500 with the ROM upgraded to UK 4.2.1.1 (which has WMP10)

Followed the instructions and did r2sd all

I get this error:

"You didnt get the proper security level to download a specified image"

I have sim unlocked the phone but what do i need to do to backup the ROM?

Thanks!

Guest Champ
interesting.

I cannot seem to backup my ROM. This is what happens:

I have an SPV C500 with the ROM upgraded to UK 4.2.1.1 (which has WMP10)

Followed the instructions and did r2sd all

I get this error:

"You didnt get the proper security level to download a specified image"

I have sim unlocked the phone but what do i need to do to backup the ROM?

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used Patched_RUU.exe to get Typhoon DV/PVT ROM on the device and then that error will go away.

Thanks Champ - where do i get that from?

[edit] I found it but cannot seem to do an "emergency flash"... where is this option and do I open up the nbf provided in the zipped bootloader IU?

Edited by Tech