Application to Record Voice Calls

Guest Raven001

Guest markgamber
Er, no! not for me at least, I don't know about anyone else

If I want to record a conversation I don't necessarily want everyone around me hearing it, and I expect the quality would be on the poor side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh....agreed, it wouldn't work for me, either, and I'm sure not writing something like that. Especially since my 8390 doesn't seem to want to do speakerphone mode. Given the lack of an available "legal" API based method to grab incoming audio, however, that might be as far as this gets. I was amazed I could get the voice recorder API to do something besides sit there and look stupid while a call was in progress! Oh well, onward...

Edit: Duh...I forgot about attaching a wave in/out device to a TAPI line, probably because it's a job and a half just to get to the point where it can be determined if it's possible or not. I'll slap something together at some point to determine if that works and if not, it goes in the same file as that eternal tv remote control bullsh t. :-D

Edited by markgamber

Guest Drewtech

The reply from Omnisoft is that they don't believe it is possible either but they are going to check with Microsoft. I'll let you know if I hear any more on this.

Guest xenophobe
Some very simple things to be implemented on the Smartphone, why are these items being overlooked by the big players? These items are not 'hi-tec' at all, but without them being thought of during the design process you gonna have a job half trying to implement them at a software level only!!!

1) IR Remote Control Capability / With learning mode!!!

2) Call Capture (as this thread suggests)

3) Lots of other things...

Obviously, when the technology advances we all want...

1) Digital TV tuner - So we can pick up freeview signals to watch TV :-)

2) DAB Tuner - Digital Radio :-)

3) Some sort of interface conversion ports - So we connect our Pc keyboards,mice,svga screens to the phone via some sort of adaptor

4) One day I want my mobile to be my PC base unit! (with built in games console, x-box3 mode hehe) - not asking much is it really? give or take a decade or two, i can see it happening!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it can brew coffee too, count me in. :lol:

Guest markgamber

Neil Enns of Microsoft says that it's a hardware limitation with the GSM audio going straight to the audio output of the phone with no connection to the OS. In addition, I tried connecting the wave/in device to a number of sources and while I could record the microphone perfectly, there was absolutely nothing coming from the radio. With that, I'm done. Onto things that are possible.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rohinsadh1
Neil Enns of Microsoft says that it's a hardware limitation with the GSM audio going straight to the audio output of the phone with no connection to the OS. In addition, I tried connecting the wave/in device to a number of sources and while I could record the microphone perfectly, there was absolutely nothing coming from the radio. With that, I'm done. Onto things that are possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a Panasonic GD67 a nice little phone & it had this feature. I had sucessfully recorded a few conversations with amazing quality....same quality as the conversation. It had a limit of 2 mins (i think) but it worked flwalessly.....so to point that the conversation can be routed via OS in GSM :roll:

Guest markgamber
I had a Panasonic GD67 a nice little phone & it had this feature. I had sucessfully recorded a few conversations with amazing quality....same quality as the conversation. It had a limit of 2 mins (i think) but it worked flwalessly.....so to point that the conversation can be routed via OS in GSM  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last time I checked, a GD67 isn't a windows smartphone and is entirely irrelevent in context.

Guest shaggyoc

- Record phone calls (incoming and outgoing) on the MS-Smartphone 2003SE OS

I placed a phone call and turned on the speakerphone and was able to record the output from the speakerphone through the mic. It's not the best, but works. I tried it and I was able to hear both sides of the conversation in my recording albeit the other party's was somewhat muffled.

Not the solution you are looking for, but if you want to record both sides of a conversation now, this works. :idea:

Guest itsjaydeep

hey folks !!!

people using windows mobile 2003 can record voice calls using the software known as spy calls...

its available here... i own an spv but havent really tried using this software....

have a go and please respond if its really useful !

Cheers,

Jaydeep

Guest itsjaydeep
hey  folks !!!

people using windows mobile 2003 can record voice calls using the software known as spy calls...

its available here... i own an spv but havent really tried using this software....

have a go and please respond if its really useful !

Cheers,

Jaydeep

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heres the link spy call

Guest johncody

It doesn't seem to say it will run on Smartphones...

So it will probably just run on Pocket PC Phone edition phones, but that isn't anything special because the built-in voice recorder of the AT&T audiovox Pocket PC Phone can record both sides of a telephone call out of the box without any third-party software.

Guest zero_divide_1

Okay, so I'm a newb to programming for the smartphone, but doing a little digging on my MPx220, I found that there might be a way that even Microsoft didn't think about.

Technically, I believe that the phone calls are routed through the OS regardless of what Microsoft thinks. What it will involve, however, is creation of a dummy driver that will capture the data, yet pass it on to the original driver so that it can be routed through the hardware. Basically, I just put a "middle-man" driver in place to copy data and save it.

For example, check out HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\GSM610 and notice that the "Dll" value is set to "GSM610.acm". Technically speaking, that would mean that the phone uses GSM610.acm in some way. It may not be as easy as calling some API function, but its a place to start

Also, if somebody figures this out with this method, please send me the source code so I can see how it was done. Also, if this turns out to be a full-fledged product, I get first dibs and a free version for coming up with this solution! :D

Guest chucky.egg

:D

So your idea is that Microsoft don't know how their phones work (well, you could be right on that actually) but that all you need to do is... write some software to do it ?

And you want a free copy and the source code ?

:D

Guest rohinsadh1
It doesn't seem to say it will run on Smartphones...

So it will probably just run on Pocket PC Phone edition phones, but that isn't anything special because the built-in voice recorder of the AT&T audiovox Pocket PC Phone can record both sides of a telephone call out of the box without any third-party software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-= System Requirements =-

* windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP

* voice modem

* sound card

Guest Jamma14

Actually it does include Windows Mobile 2003 in it's spec which should mean it works on our smartphones but I'm sure it won't so I can't be bothered to try...

For Any1 that want's to give it a go I've attached the Installer...

post-42238-1112368603_thumb.jpg

modemspy.exe

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Wlodek
Someone is claiming that they wrote an app to do it, but it's in french and I don't know the developer enough to trust installing the app on my phone. Plus, it is awful close to April fools...

Sounds great. I have no backup of my C500 so don't want to risk installing it, but will be waiting for any reports ...

And if this does not work I'll pledge $20 for the developer of such app.

:-)

W.

Guest Wlodek
For Any1 that want's to give it a go I've attached the Installer...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

5 downloads so far .... any reports?

Cautiously,

W.

Guest Alian

Hi All There! this is my first post in some forum although i read regularly ( my english is bit weak so plz just try to understand :| becoz in our country english is not spoken much , by the way i am from Pakistan).Now to the point i downloaded this software its installs on my pc but dont send it to mobile , I hope u understand what i mean , Simply it did'nt work for me atleast . and as well about the home page of the software it do says that it will work on windows mobile 2003 but it did'nt as i mentioned above , it just talk about some modem attached to the pc nothing else and as for my opinion that software is for desktop Pc's. So useless for all of us :D . Thats all from my side .

Guest chucky.egg

Translation of the MobiSmart article:

MS Smartphone 2002/2003 does not propose in native recording functionality of the telephone conversations for several reasons of which a lawful one.  In fact, in France it is forbidden to record a telephone conversation without some to notify l'interlocuteur...  Here a software allowing adding this forgotten functionality: Recorder.  This software all in French allows recording automatically a telephone conversation and generates a file to the format WAV in the catalog My Documents of the smartphone.  These generated files next can be listened with the administrator of vocal grades integrated to the system. 

The persons having it tested will have noticed that it is a matter of an April fish:)

Software Recorder is a free software, it is currently in version Beta and compatible east with MS Smartphone 2002/2003.  This version does not propose any file CAB intsallation it will suit therefore to copy directly on the smartphone and to create a short cut in the manu To Start up. 

I'm guessing that "April Fish" is like "April Fool"

B@st@rds! That ain't funny! :D

[edit]

Just tried it and it just gives you a message saying something along the lines of "You have not shame do to believe the pere Noel (father christmas), for this fonctionnalite is irrealisable on a smartphone. In any case, ca does a superb April fish 2005"

[/edit]

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

I think the fact that we had to translate it actually makes it funnier, in a sick kind of way!

Now, how about a real one? :D