It is V2.01d beta1 in both the cases.

What acutally happens is like this.

If there are no appointments then sometimes the screen is as follows:

No Appointments

Profile: Soft

After a reset it is like this:

I have created an appointment and now the screen is like this.

6PM to 7PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to get it twice on the today screen after soft reset as well but only with the older versions. I've done several resets since I'm using the latest and I don't get this prob any more.

Guest bolasz
Did I speak too soon about the small amount of faults reported ;) Still checking this out so I'll hopefully reproduce the fault and get a fix up there soon.

Just a thought, have you guys got a lot of appointments in your outlook? Are you triggering on busy or on multiple triggers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look at the bright side, it's better if they come up now than after the new release.

Could you reproduce it? Or anybody else?

I have just over a hundred appointments, the triggers 'busy' and 'meeting' are ticked, the text box is empty.

I don't think it has anything to do with triggering (unless you are using different method with popup select but can't see why would you) as with other selection methods works fine. [Edit: for me at laeast, don't know about the others.]

Edited by bolasz

Guest skoka123
I dont think I can get this incorporated in the near future as I have a good sized wish list to get through for the next version. Good idea that needs investigating though.

Is this something that should be in a profile manager or do you think it should be in an alarm type application?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am expecting it to be within the profile manager. Doesn't matter even if it is an application.

Actually I am trying out Cell Profiler, but I am not too sure if it will co-exist with PPCProfile Pro.

Guest bretto
Look at the bright side, it's better if they come up now than after the new release.

Could you reproduce it? Or anybody else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I havent been able to reproduce it yet but I'll keep trying.

I have just over a hundred appointments, the triggers 'busy' and 'meeting' are ticked, the text box is empty.

I don't think it has anything to do with triggering (unless you are using different method with popup select but can't see why would you) as with other selection methods works fine. [Edit: for me at laeast, don't know about the others.]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep they both use the same method and simply check if there are any appointments in outlook that match the trigger criteria periodically. As a default its every 15 seconds but this is a registry setting that can be changed.

Pretty straight forward really. Check for appointment. If found setup a windows notification to trigger a program that swtiches profiles at the specified time. Start time and end time of appointments both have windows notifications assigned to them. That way even if the device is in suspend mode (turned off) the switch still happens.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bretto
a SP version would be OK I guess

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At this stage there is not enough interest in porting to SP. Maybe if PPC and SP operating systems converge.

Guest bretto
Hi Bretto! How do you get on with the new version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi bolasz

The new version is not quite there yet. Not far off though. I should be able to put something up in the next week or so. Damn work getting in the way :)

Edited by bretto

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bretto

Sorry guys for the delay in uploading the new release. Ive been bogged down with some pretty urgent stuff.

Hopefully if I cant get a good go at it on the weekend I will be able to upload a new version early next week.

Guest FinalAeon
Sorry guys for the delay in uploading the new release. Ive been bogged down with some pretty urgent stuff.

Hopefully if I cant get a good go at it on the weekend I will be able to upload a new version early next week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad that you are still working on it :) Looking forward to your next release, should be worth the wait!

Guest bretto
I'm pretty sure it will!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that.

Whats taking the time now is testing. Testing the new automatic switching template options.

The changes for the pending beta release are as follows.

Vertically centred setup icon on todayscreen.

Allows for larger icon buttons 40px wide by ??px high.

Now has 5 profiles for selection aswell as the outlook auto sync.

Added ability to use any profile with outlook auto sync. Is always on or always off.

Can switch profiles while in auto sync mode.

New outlook sync icon on todayscreen. Toggles outlook auto sync on and off.

New outlook sync toggle button on popup selection from todayscreen and tray selection.

Added ability to display profile names on todayscreen when in icon selection mode.

Added ability to preview icon mode in selection options.

Ability to spread buttons across the screen evenly when in landscape mode.

Added ability to keep backlight on per profile.

Added ability to keep device alive and backlight on per profile.

Added ability to use the default power and backlight settings per profile.

Added ability to control reminder notifications per profile.

Added ability to nominate profiles for selection.

Added ability to create more than 5 profiles. Upto 998 profiles.

Added ability to select profile selection order from selection options.

Added new range of button skins.

Added a profile switch template to extend auto switching capabilities.

Added an ending time to Quick Switch functionality.

The system has been restructured to incorporate some of this functionality. I will try to modify the installation to backup and restore your existing profiles and options so you dont have to rekey everything again.

Guest fraser

Methinks you will be annoying the commercial makers of profile software even further!! Very impressive!

Any thoughts on adding WiFi switching support yet? :)

Guest bretto
Methinks you will be annoying the commercial makers of profile software even further!! Very impressive!

Any thoughts on adding WiFi switching support yet? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Fraser

Sure have been looking into adding WiFi. Will be incorporated within the month :D

If people want changes in the way the new version works, which might be on the cards since Ive only put it together they way I think everyone wanted it, I might try and sneak WiFi in then.

Guest bretto

Hi All

Ive uploaded a new beta in the "latest release" post. (V3.00a)

Please remove any previous versions before installing this one. This version cannot save your previous settings so you will loose them.

Feel free to try out the beta and let me know about any problems or changes in functionality you think it needs.

My post earlier describes the new functionality but as I said then Ive coded them the way I think you want them but am flexible if you think anything could work better.

This version has been tested on wm2003, wm2003se and wm2005.

I look forward to hearing any comments you might have.

Enjoy

Guest justme611

Hi bretto,

first of all, thanks a lot for such an excellent program you provide for free :) .

I'm still experiencing two problems when using it (V2.01c) with my HTC magician (T-Mobile branding MDA compact):

1. When I assign a "Ringtone Location" other than \Windows\Rings\ the defined ringtones aren't used. Instead I hear a standard ringtone.

2. I use Caller ID by HTC V1.20, which is pre-installed on my device. This software shall give me a personalized caller ID (ringtone and photo) when receiving calls. But it seems, that PPCProfile disables this function. PPCProfile should control usage of personalized ringtones by an appropriate option in profile settings. If priority for personalized ringtone is set, the profile ringtone should only be used, if Standard Ringtone is defined for that contact in Caller ID.

I can send the installation cab-file - which I picked up from Extended ROM - for testing purposes by PM if needed.

Thanks again and goodbye for now

Just

Guest bretto
Hi bretto,

first of all, thanks a lot for such an excellent program you provide for free  :D .

I'm still experiencing two problems when using it (V2.01c) with my HTC magician (T-Mobile branding MDA compact):

1. When I assign a "Ringtone Location" other than \Windows\Rings\  the defined ringtones aren't used. Instead I hear a standard ringtone.

2. I use Caller ID by HTC V1.20, which is pre-installed on my device. This software shall give me a personalized caller ID (ringtone and photo) when receiving calls. But it seems, that PPCProfile disables this function. PPCProfile should control usage of personalized ringtones by an appropriate option in profile settings. If priority for personalized ringtone is set, the profile ringtone should only be used, if Standard Ringtone is defined for that contact in Caller ID.

I can send the installation cab-file - which I picked up from Extended ROM - for testing purposes by PM if needed.

Thanks again and goodbye for now

Just

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Just

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll see if I can reproduce your ringtone location problem. I did notice something similar when I looked at wm2005 initially so its greast that you mention this so I dont think I'm going mad :)

If you could pm me the HTC cab I can test with it and find out whats happening.

Guest justme611
Hi Just

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll see if I can reproduce your ringtone location problem. I did notice something similar when I looked at wm2005 initially so its greast that you mention this so I dont think I'm going mad :)

If you could pm me the HTC cab I can test with it and find out whats happening.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi bretto,

please visit your MoDaCo Inbox for my reply.

Greetz

Just

Guest mike-oh

Hello! I was just reading this thread to find info on the ringtone location problem and read 10pages only to find it two posts from the end! DOH!

I have the same problem as justme611. PPC profiles is pointing at the correct ringtone and location but when i push the call button>tools>options the ring tone is set to the standard windows one. I can set it back to the tone i want again and the next time my phone rings it's with the correct time, the time after that however it seems to revert to the default windows one?!

Thanks again bretto, i'm going to give the new version a blast! (i'm still on v2.01c)

Guest mike-oh

At the risk of sounding a complete spid what's the little icon to the far right on the today screen for?

Thanks! :)

Mike

Edited by mike-oh

Guest bolasz
At the risk of sounding a complete spid what's the little icon to the far right on the today screen for?

Thanks! :)

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the button to toggle outlook auto sync on/off. I think that's what used to be the "Auto" profile.

Edited by bolasz

Guest bolasz
The changes for the pending beta release are as follows.

Vertically centred setup icon on todayscreen.

Allows for larger icon buttons 40px wide by ??px high.

Now has 5 profiles for selection aswell as the outlook auto sync.

Added ability to use any profile with outlook auto sync. Is always on or always off.

Can switch profiles while in auto sync mode.

New outlook sync icon on todayscreen. Toggles outlook auto sync on and off.

New outlook sync toggle button on popup selection from todayscreen and tray selection.

Added ability to display profile names on todayscreen when in icon selection mode.

Added ability to preview icon mode in selection options.

Ability to spread buttons across the screen evenly when in landscape mode.

Added ability to keep backlight on per profile.

Added ability to keep device alive and backlight on per profile.

Added ability to use the default power and backlight settings per profile.

Added ability to control reminder notifications per profile.

Added ability to nominate profiles for selection.

Added ability to create more than 5 profiles. Upto 998 profiles.

Added ability to select profile selection order from selection options.

Added new range of button skins.

Added a profile switch template to extend auto switching capabilities.

Added an ending time to Quick Switch functionality.

The system has been restructured to incorporate some of this functionality. I will try to modify the installation to backup and restore your existing profiles and options so you dont have to rekey everything again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! :shock:

Something tells me you've been busy lately... :D

Oh, and I was right, it was worth waiting for! :)

Now here is some feedback:

-Whenever I exit setup with the ok button in top right corner instead of using save at bottom left, the radio buttons in the popup window and the tick boxes in setup disappear. :??:

Disabling and then reenabling the plugin in settings/today doesn't help I have to soft reset.

-In one of the profiles (unfortunately I can't tell you in which one because I renamed them) in settings/notifications/reminders if you tick flash lights the other checkboxes get cleared. Not immediately, after saving the settings and going back. If lI eave flash lights unticked the other settings for the reminders are saved.

-if I want to switch with auto templates to a profile that's set to turn on flight mode, the switch happens, flight mode is turned on but I get an error notification saying that "Can not execute PPCProfilesAuto". I don't know whether the error message has anything to do with flight mode I just wrote it down, this is how it happened.

And a few suggestions:

-I think it would be a good idea to have an option to store the pin number otherwise the automatic switch to a profile that's meant to turn off flight mode

can't work.

-Is it possible to have the icon/button of the current profile in the tray in tray select mode? It would make this selection method a lot more informative.

Ehm, that's it for the moment and thank you once again for your efforts to make this app as good as it is.

Guest bretto
Thats the button to toggle outlook auto sync on/off. I think that's what used to be the "Auto" profile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct. The icon toggles auto sync to outlook. If its bright the auto sync feature is on. You can change to any other profile at any time while auto sync is enabled without having to re-enable auto sync. So its always on or always off.

When an appointment start time triggers a profile change it will switch to the auto profile and when an appointment end time triggers a profile switch the system will switch back to whatever the last used profile was. Bit more user friendly I think.

Guest bretto

Thanks for the feedback bolasz. Much appreciated.

-Whenever I exit setup with the ok button in top right corner instead of using save at bottom left, the radio buttons in the popup window and the tick boxes in setup disappear.  :??:

Disabling and then reenabling the plugin in settings/today doesn't help I have to soft reset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is strange. Ive checked and double checked on a few different versions of wm200x and different devices and cannot reproduce it. The only thing that might be causing this is that Ive updated my development system. I'll recompile with the older version and upload a copy of that for you if you dont mind testing against your device.

-In one of the profiles (unfortunately I can't tell you in which one because I renamed them) in settings/notifications/reminders if you tick flash lights the other checkboxes get cleared. Not immediately, after saving the settings and going back. If lI eave flash lights unticked the other settings for the reminders are saved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs I'll make sure I fix that one too.

-if I want to switch with auto templates to a profile that's set to turn on flight mode, the switch happens, flight mode is turned on but I get an error notification saying that "Can not execute PPCProfilesAuto". I don't know whether the error message has anything to do with flight mode I just wrote it down, this is how it happened.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This could happen if there are 2 processes trying to switch a profile at the same time. I thought I fixed it from happening but its possible I missed something.

And a few suggestions:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suggestions are good :)

-I think it would be a good idea to have an option to store the pin number otherwise the automatic switch to a profile that's meant to turn off flight mode

can't work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I'll see if I can find a way to implement this. Obviously this does happen when you choose not to have a pin assigned to the sim.

-Is it possible to have the icon/button of the current profile in the tray in tray select mode? It would make this selection method a lot more informative.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes and no. I have had different icons per profile incorporated in the tray application since day one but have disabled them.

The main reason is that wm200x cannot load icons from disk efficiently so the icons must be part of the compiled program. Also the tray will only accept icons and not bitmaps. And not very high resolution icons at that.

This presents several problems. The simplest probably is which icon to associate to which profile etc, etc. What I have been playing with is to load a bitmap from disk and convert it to an icon. Then use the icon as per the user settings. Not an easy feat really but looks like the best option

Another way is to create a dll full of icons which the user could select from. This is much, much easier.

I have heard that you can create a program to insert icons into the tray app at specific hex addresses but I really want to steer clear of this. When you start inserting alien bytes into an app I just think you are bound to cause instability somewhere along the line.

Ehm, that's it for the moment and thank you once again for your efforts to make this app as good as it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you think about the auto switch template? Is it user friendly enough?

Thanks a bunch for the feedback and suggestions I appreciate you taking the time. I'll try to clean up those few issues and get another copy to you. In the mean time I hope the app is working ok for you.