Anybody in the UK gotten hold of Voice Command ?

Guest Perfectionist

Guest zen123

I downloaded the trial from handango today loaded into main memory & all was fine. However when I tried to use it it made the beep sound & the microphone icon showed on the display but nothing...

I spoke into it nice & clearly but nowt. I looked up the help files & it said that a soft reset might do it.

But after it booted up I pressed the button to activate it & it would not load any more instead saying that my 5 days evaluation had expired. Seeing as I only loaded it this morning it that can't be possible.

I tried to relaod the program but it would'nt let me...any ideas?

I really need to try it before committing to buy.

Guest Perfectionist

I have the old 1.0 version so should be able to upgrade to 1.5 for free.... but it seems only to offer the US Version for upgrade and not the UK version ??

???

Guest zen123

OK finally got it to work & in the most it fine. Only problem is I have a lot of Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc names in my contacts & when I say the names the voice recognition gets confused.

Example...when I say KAM it often brings up PAM unless I say it very very slowly & clearly. Will give it a few more days to see if I'll purchase it.

Guest Perfectionist

Finally got my free upgrade to work :D Just had to uninstall the old version first .... doh !!

This thing is SWEET - major imporvement over 1.0 !!

Seems to recognize everything perfectly :D

Only thing is the upgrade version is US only - would I be right in thinking they will release the UK version..... eventually ??

Guest En_croute
Only thing is the upgrade version is US only - would I be right in thinking they will release the UK version..... eventually ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As the UK version started at v1.5, there is no upgrade available.

Also you have a different product - US version not UK.

Try to see if MS/Handago will allow you to download the correct version for free - it's worth a shot.

Guest Robbyboaby

I bought the US version about a week ago from Handango. Then when the UK version came out the other day I asked them if it was ok to have that one instead of the US one (told them I'd not read it correctly..he he). They told me to buy the UK version and send them the order number which they would refund to me, which they have. They're a decent bunch so maybe if you ask them nicely they might do sommit similar for you.

Good luck

Edited by Robbyboaby

Guest GDawes

I downloaded the US trial. Not bad.

I quite like it.

Only thing missing is Send new text message to contact.

If that is added would be 5*