Coming soon! Tweaks2k2 .NET v1.1

Guest ctitanic

Guest tudor
if you have any doubt you can test the trial version 1.0 which already includes that trick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just tried it and it doesn't work :D

Guest ctitanic
So, you say that your app will enable/disable ClearType without being signed?

I'll do the beta-testing thing if you claim you are able to do that :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By not beeing signed I believe that it will work in 80% of current SP in the market. After all, there are some ways to unlock phones around the web :D

Guest tudor

The point of having such an app would be to be able to apply the tweaks without the need for unlocking.

If I have to unlock the phone, I can create a cab with my registry settings and customise the phone myself, and it would save me some pennies.

Guest ctitanic
It's ok citanic. I already owned this app anyway so I don't really need your FREE offer.  I was just trying to help you out. Thanks anyway if you I you think I would not be a good betatester. 

Maybe you should mention that you are looking for someone that has a minimum number of post here so people can save their replies to you.  :D

rperalta

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't get me wrong peralta, the hardest thing for me is to find good betatesters willing to work around the clock following my demands for tests. To give you an example, I worked 8 hours this Sunday and I needed replies about some changes that I was working with and from the whole team I have now, I could get one person to tests those changes. Sometime I have things ready that are not released to the market because I'm waiting for reports from my betatesters.

And on top of all this, this is not my only project where I working now.

Guest ctitanic
The point of having such an app would be to be able to apply the tweaks without the need for unlocking.

If I have to unlock the phone, I can create a cab with my registry settings and customise the phone myself, and it would save me some pennies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you check my site www.tweaks2k2.com/how_to/ and this other one in Spanish (http://www.todopocketpc.com/foro/showthread.php?t=417) you will find that I have been telling everybody what is behind of every trick included in Tweaks2k2 since it was released for the first time. I'm not charging for the how to of these hacks, I'm charging for the comfort of have then all in one application and for the possibility of seeing which one you have already applied. That's all. If you think that I'm charging to much you are welcome to use the information that I give for free all around the web.

I know that I'm a nobody here in the SP community but those who knows me from the Pocket PC community can tell you that I'm that kind of person that likes to help others.

Edited by ctitanic

Guest ctitanic
BTW, what does the Tweaks2k2.General.IsConnected() function do?  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now you are going to hack it too. :twisted: I can save you sometime giving you a free copy :D

Edited by ctitanic

Guest tudor
now you are going to hack it too.  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL

Do I look like a hacker to you?

It is just that... why should such an app check if it is connected? And... to what? :roll:

Guest ctitanic
LOL

Do I look like a hacker to you?

It is just that... why should such an app check if it is connected? And... to what?  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, one of the options of Tweaks2k2 is to adjust the clock in your sp using the atomic clock service online. That function came from the same library that I use in the Tweaks2k2 .net for Pocket PC where I have to check for online connectivity to do the same task. In this moment I don't recall if I used or not in SP, I will have to check the code to answer that, but I don't think I did.

Edited by ctitanic

Guest ctitanic

You can be sure about one thing Tudor, I don't have anything to hide.

Note: I should add the word literally :D and you know why.

Edited by ctitanic

Guest tudor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't say that you have... it's just that I was :shock: to see that function checking if an Internet connection is available. I didn't suggest that your app is spyware or trojan, and I haven't found any such code in it so far.

Sometimes I leave myself functions in the code that I don't use any more and I forget to take them out.

Guest ctitanic

Note: I should add the word literally :D and you know why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW Tudor, are you willing to working as betatester?

Guest tudor
BTW Tudor, are you willing to working as betatester?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope you're not offended if I say no, and I'm sure you'll find here lots of people who are much better beta testers than I am. I would do it if the app was going to be signed, but I'm not really interested in it if I have to unlock the phone to use it.

Guest ctitanic
I hope you're not offended if I say no, and I'm sure you'll find here lots of people who are much better beta testers than I am. I would do it if the app was going to be signed, but I'm not really interested in it if I have to unlock the phone to use it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I'm not offended. I hope you understand my reasons why I'm not willing to sign my program, and in another hand why I believe that "they" are not going to sign it either. Also, I believe that even for an unlock phone, Tweaks2k2 is going to provide a lot of hacks that can be used. The Pocket PC version includes around 90 registry hacks and this version for SP is going to reach soon 20 hacks. The SP OS is smaller so it wont be possible to reach 90 hacks in this platform but the point that I want to make is that I going to be adding hacks to this platform as long as I found one to be added. :D

BTW, I give free copies to those pointing me to new hacks if they are included in the program. :D

Guest tudor
BTW, I give free copies to those pointing me to new hacks if they are included in the program. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm... was it me who pointed you to that post about e-mails on the storage card? :roll:

Edit: just kidding, I'm not asking for a copy :D

Edited by tudor

Guest ctitanic
Hmmm... was it me who pointed you to that post about e-mails on the storage card?  :roll:

Edit: just kidding, I'm not asking for a copy  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All you have to do is claim the prize. :D

Guest rperalta
Don't get me wrong peralta, the hardest thing for me is to find good betatesters willing to work around the clock following my demands for tests. To give you an example, I worked 8 hours this Sunday and I needed replies about some changes that I was working with and from the whole team I have now, I could get one person to tests those changes. Sometime I have things ready that are not released to the market because I'm waiting for reports from my betatesters.

And on top of all this, this is not my only project where I working now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know I don't a have big numbers for posting here. Don't you think it makes since if you get at leat 1 beta tester that is an owner and user of this product, rather that people just interested for a free software?

As far as to test anytime, I work at IT Helpdesk and spend 2-3 hours at night messing with my smartphone. I'm around computers all day so I don't have a problem getting back to you. :D

Guest ctitanic
I know I don't a have big numbers for posting here. Don't you think it makes since if you get at leat 1 beta tester that is an owner and user of this product, rather that people just interested for a free software?

As far as to test anytime, I work at IT Helpdesk and spend 2-3 hours at night messing with my smartphone. I'm around computers all day so I don't have a problem getting back to you.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, you see, now you are giving me some information that you did not give before and that help me to create a picture of your profile :D

Send me an email and I'll give you some instructions :D You are IN.

Guest ctitanic
I would be willing to beta test or you. I have no problem playing with it.

SMT-5600

WM2003

Cingular

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I need more info about your self. Background? Registry edition experience?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ocker

heh, I love hacking registries!

Been doing it since win95. Haven't had one corrupted yet (touch wood).

You can do some NEAT stuff, but you gotta be comfortable doing it...