best text message tones

Guest gregbarton

Guest pd.ryder

Or right-click and 'Save Target As...' especially with mp3 because iTunes just grabs hold of 'em and only wants to play 'em in a Quicktime window :D

Guest glinja
Did you convert it to PCM-format wav ?

Open it in Windows Sound Recorder (Accessories, Entertainment on your PC) then Save As...

:D

done it cheers

Guest glinja

ive got the beeper off kim possible, and remixed ron stoppable saying "booya" in it too, if anyone wants it, tell me how to post it and i will!!.............. oops here we go i think i fiured it out :D

kp.wav

Edited by glinja

Guest glinja

^^^^^^^^^ Wow only posted today and look at the response, ha ha didnt know there was so many KP fans out there..... took me ages to find it too!!

I would like the "I'm a genius!" by Sid the Sloth in Iceage - I have the DVD, what software should I use to rip it?

I usually look for it on google, try ice age wavs in search, you can usually throw it up after a little trial and error (its all part of the fun!) :D

I usually look for it on google, try ice age wavs in search, you can usually throw it up after a little trial and error (its all part of the fun!) :D

so far I seem to be able to find almost every line in the film except the one I want - D'oh!

• 2 months later...
Guest Twilight.Cruiser

Hi there,

does anybody know how to set the path for ring- & sms-tones to a user-defined (SD card) folder? :)

Best would be an 'extension' allowing to select a tone from anywhere on the phone and the SD card respectively... :D

I don't like to waste my scant phone memory for such audio files... :( - especially when having a 2MByte SD card! :P

Thanx in advance! :D

Edited by Twilight.Cruiser

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chucky.egg

Depending on your OS version you should be able to store the ringtones in either the root of the SD card, or the My Documents folder.

especially when having a 2MByte SD card!

I assume you mean 2Gb

Guest beauchambers

Can anyone do a Mater From cars when he says "She's My fiancee" just kidding she just likes me for my body

Please PM me as i cant do it myself im stupid when it comes to that

Guest unicron

high there,

i was wondering if anyone has the sound effects from the sonic the hedgehog games.......you know collecting rings, getting rings hit out of you, the jump sound, skidding to a hault sound and spinning etc.

also i was wondering if its possible to replace the standard clicks (when you bring up a menu using soft keys and stuff) with these alerts like you could with windows 2002? i had all orts of stuff on my e100 but since wm2003 and wm5 i have not seen a way to do this.

Guest Christopher Woods

For those interested in making their own sounds from existing material, the freesound site is a GREAT place to go samplehunting.

For instance, if you're a motor racing fan, I found this one which has crowd noise and sirens (plus car noise!) at http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=14831 (it's from the Suzuka Grand Prix samplepack on the site). All I did was just trim the leading silence. It's quite long, would suffice as a ringtone I think but you could make a shorter version for SMS tones from it pretty easily with software like MP3DirectCut and a judicious use of the Fade facility once you'd saved the section you wanted to use :)

MP3: PreStartRapture_clip.mp3

I haven't found much better than the Wistle tone posted in this post somewhere.

People always wonder where is it is coming from as it sounds so life like.

I fancy an air horn one, like the one used on Zane Lowe's (and other) radio one show when they announce a 'big tune :D'. Difficult to record it from there as it is normally over some music.

Any ideas on how I could get one rather than recording it myself? Have had a search around but they all sound like horns on boats/trucks not a rave style air horn.

Cheers

Chiz

I have a LOT of dnb-related samples (I do d&b production in my spare time). I'm downright POSITIVE I have some of the kind of short and snappy samples you're after, I'll go trawling later today.

Edited by Christopher Woods

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...