i-mate jam

Guest chrisbpr

Guest Loukas

Hey Spidermunky,

Have you received your phone yet?

I was back at buymobilephones.net and they changed the plan I was looking for - Orange OVP O2 200+50 - from a free phone to phone costing 50 pounds. Grrr.. instead of phone prices going down, they are going up! I guess there's lots of demand still for the IMate Jam...

Which other websites are you all looking at? I'm mostly interested in getting the phone unlocked, with similar plans as the above (30ppm - about 200 minutes - preferably with a contract with Orange).

Thanks,

L

Guest spidermunky

Still not arrived yet. Quite shoddy service if you ask me.

I don't have a tracking number, and don't know which company they've used to send it. I was expecting an attemped delivery yesterday, but I haven't had a card through the door, so I'm hopeing they'll try today. At least then I can get it re-directed to a friends address. I'm hoping they've used Royal Mail so I can just pick it up from their depot. If there's no sign of an attemped delivery when I get home I'm gonna start kicking up a fuss. Getting really sick of waiting and not being informed of what's going on.

However there prices were the best by far, and they were the only company I could find that would let me get the handset and stay with Orange. Although I think Orange is a decent network usually, when it comes to official handsets, it lags behing everyone else.

If it ever arrives I'll let you know.

Greg ;)

Guest MitchellO

I realise that any mini USB cable works with it, I just think that cradles are a more aesthetic solution to synching with the pc, I also find it useful in that I like the phone to be sitting up securely facing me (thus allowing me easier access to the screen) when I am accessing it and the PC together, which I am doing a lot of as I’ve just got it, I prefer this to having it lying on my desk.

I hope that someone will release a cradle for PC use, I think there may one out but it seems to be designed for use in a car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You said cable in your original post, not cradle. And you can get a cradle from expansys I believe.

Edited by MitchellO

Guest spidermunky

They finally attempted a delivery today. Obviously while I was at work. I'm not about to take tomorrow off work so now I'll have to trek across town to their depot after work tomorrow. This in itself will involve around three miles of walking.

When will companies realise that people need to receive their goods out of working hours. I can't even re-direct it to a friend's address because they need written instructions from the sender!

At least it's finally in the same city as me. *sigh*

I'll let you know if my nightmares come true and I get mugged shortly after collecting the thing. (Providing no major injuries occur) ;)

Greg

Guest Disco Stu

Greg; could you not have got it delivered to work ?

I always do when it's possible, though I work in a small office where I can always get called down to reception if necessary.

Replacement phones from Orange have always been signed for by our secretaries and the only site that insisted on the first delivery being to the cardholder address was Expansys I believe.

I used to cycle to the main GPO in Cov every day after work when I was on DJ mailing lists but soon got fed up of that :roll: ;)

Guest Sherbet66
I realise that any mini USB cable works with it, I just think that cradles are a more aesthetic solution to synching with the pc, I also find it useful in that I like the phone to be sitting up securely facing me (thus allowing me easier access to the screen) when I am accessing it and the PC together, which I am doing a lot of as I’ve just got it, I prefer this to having it lying on my desk.

I hope that someone will release a cradle for PC use, I think there may one out but it seems to be designed for use in a car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You said cable in your original post, not cradle. And you can get a cradle from expansys I believe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest MitchellO

Cheers!

Been looking for the last few days for one just like this, thanks,

D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. Looks like a pretty good one too!

Guest spidermunky
Greg; could you not have got it delivered to work ?

I always do when it's possible, though I work in a small office where I can always get called down to reception if necessary.

Replacement phones from Orange have always been signed for by our secretaries and the only site that insisted on the first delivery being to the cardholder address was Expansys I believe.

I used to cycle to the main GPO in Cov every day after work when I was on DJ mailing lists but soon got fed up of that  :roll:  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had to arrange for me to pick it up from the depot. They won't change the delivery address without written consent from the sender, and my work don't like the security 'issues' parcels bring. Personally I just think they don't like me. ;)

All things going to plan though, I should have my new phone by around 6.30 tonight. Yay! Then finally I can work out how I'm gonna transfer my old number. :P

Greg

Guest chrisbpr

after reading all thriugh this ii may move my number to tmobile from orange...

1. how easy is it to move my number...&

2. what are tmobile like customer serivce , coverage & in general what are tmobile like to dael with.

Guest spidermunky
Good luck mate.

I look forward to hearing how you get on  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

I finally got hold of it last night after walking a total of four miles! It's now sitting snuggly in my pocket. I have to say that so far I'm very impressed with it.

Spent a couple of hours loading up my favorite apps (betaplayer, full screen keyboard etc.) looking forward to using this thing.

Thanks,

Greg

Guest Loukas
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

I finally got hold of it last night after walking a total of four miles! It's now sitting snuggly in my pocket. I have to say that so far I'm very impressed with it.

Spent a couple of hours loading up my favorite apps (betaplayer, full screen keyboard etc.) looking forward to using this thing.

Thanks,

Greg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow... Cool stuff!! Keep us posted how it goes, I'm especially concerned with the lack of keyboard and how you get by entering appointments / writing txts.... ;)

L

Guest Sherbet66
Cheers!

Been looking for the last few days for one just like this, thanks,

D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. Looks like a pretty good one too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Disco Stu
While on the subject of connectivity i tried my mpx200 usb charger on the MDA compact and it would not charge. I thought that mini usb was standard, but i guess not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm...

I use a retractable sync & charge cable for my Jam, C500 & MPx200 without problems. I've also got a straight USB to min-USB cable here at work. I've no idea which device the cable came with but it recharges them all !

Guest MitchellO

I can use any mini-usb to usb cable to charge from a USB port. Works great with my powered USB hub, as I don't need the PC on to charge it!!

I also use it with a cigarette ligher socket charger. I had it from an iPAQ 2210, and it simply has a USB port on it, and i just plug in a mini-usb to usb cable and it charges beautifully!!