Your phones history

Guest cold_fire

Guest cyrilthefish

list starts a bit vague due to my terrible memory ;)

Phillips BT-Cellnet pre-pay (took full credit-card sized sim cards! lol)

Alcatel virgin mobile pre-pay thing

Siemens C35i (i originally chose this because it WASN'T a nokia 3210 :shock: )

Siemens SL45 (which i later self-upgraded the firmware to the SL45i - one of the first java enabled mobiles!)

SPV

SPV E100

SPV C500

overall i really wish siemens had continued the SL45i with a windows mobile version. the build quality was amazing on it (mmm... aluminium plated casing) but instead they went wierd, so i got an SPV instead!

looking back, it's amazing just how much the build quality (argh at the 1st-gen SPV's paint that was about as strong as crayons) and the software stability (argh at the first gen SPVs 'random hard-reset/registry deletion' bug) have improved with each version they release! ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest extravagant
I had this ideea today at work and i said it might b a very nice topic .What mobile phones have u had from your first down to the present one. If u r interested u can post your history here.

1.Ericsson PH337

2.Ericsson A1018s

3.Sony Cmd C5

4.Ericsson R320s

5.Ericsson R520s

6.Siemens C60

7.Sagem My-X 5-2

8.Sony Ericsson T68i

9.Siemens C60

10.SPV C500 :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for me, some OLD brick nokia one, then a newer nokia (still pretty old) now SMT 5600 (best phone so far) I want the HTC Universal and I cant wait till there is integarated GPS!!!

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Sony CMR-111 (With voice commander and remote control)

Ericsson ER100

Mitsubishi MR40

Nokia 3210

Mokia 7110

Sagem MYX5

E100

E200 (Current)

Guest Samsonite

i dont think this list is complete but it is the first day after we brought my 2 day old daughter home and i'm a bit fuzzy after 3 hours sleep... and not 3 hours in a row...

not in order...

Sony MarsBar phone

Eh237

GH337

Moto 920

Sony j5

Sony j7

Nokia 3210

Nokia 8146 - slide down cover on one2one

Nokia 7110

Sharp GX-10

NEC e606 on 3! Workmates called it the video brick and i didnt know anyone else with one!

SE T610

E200

Nokia 6210i - work

Nokia 6230 - work

Qtek S100

Guest tha_neo

Nokia 5110

Nokia 6210

SE T68i

Nokia 6610

SPV E100

Nokia 6600

Motorola MPx200

SPV C500

+ alot of more that I canĀ“t remember:P

Edited by tha_neo

Guest chrisbpr

hmm...i think this is in order

nec p100 ( top phone ..hard as nails )

the first orange nokia ( cant remember the model number )

nokia 5110

seimens s35

nokia 3210

nokia 8210

nokia 3310

nokia 8310

se t200

se t310

se t610

spv c500

sony ericsson k600i

mda vario (goodbye orange 8+years, hello t-mobile)

Edited by chrisbpr

Guest rjobyr

1. Big flappy Mitsubishi pay as you go thing (being used as doorstop somewhere :)

2. Nokia 8210 (sold to mate, dropped in pint of Carlsberg but still alive)

3. Nokia 8310 (sold to different mate, still alive)

4. Siemens S55 (sold to mate's bird, she left it lying around and it got nicked)

5. Nokia 6230 (still in use)

6. Imate PDA2k (work phone, too big, gave it back)

5. Motorola MPX220 (for 2 days, decided I don't like clamshell, changed for...)

7. QTEK 8020

....quite tempted by the samsung i300 but looks a bit of an ugly

Guest evans.rhys.gavin

i think this is in order :-s erm:

Motorola M3778 (massive brick) currently being used to strenghten the floorboards

Motorola talkabout nice looking blue thing didnt do a lot tho :D

Nokia 7110 the kool matrix flick one (i liked that phone)

Nokia 3210 broke the 7110 :cry:

Nokia 3310 my trusty companion for nearly a year flogged for 40 quid to a m8 :D

Nokia 6210 got bored of the 3310 basically and liked its tennis game :lol:

Nokia 5210 the blue rubber thing, (Broke all the time !!)

Nokia 8210 just because it was small and blue :)

SPV off my dad for christmas ahhh what a present

(Sold that to a m8 after being conned for an E200 by Fabien Barthez)

Panasonic Gd87 off that m8 i sold the SPV too (felt sorry for me bless)

then finally last October i was blessed with my c500 !!!! :)

i THINK thats all of them lol gav :lol:

Guest shadamehr

Just posting a quick hello.

(Cos my sig strip IS my phone history).

EDIT: It would be more interesting if I gave some history to it, so here goes...

Ericsson GA628 - (Cellnet) My first ever phone on contract. I sent it back on the Cellnet 'First for Fairness' promise with 30 days notice, so I could get the 5110 mentioned below...

>Nokia 3110 (Cellnet) (Got it for a fiver, second-hand, off a mate I worked at the NUFC Training Ground with) - had this at the same time as my Ericsson 628, and kept it til I got the phone below, at which point I gave it to our lass. In later years, she traded it in towards one of her newer phones.

>5110 (Cellnet) - Paid Ā£159 to by this on the 'Upfront' package where the phone and 12 months advance line rental are paid for in the price. I gave it to my mum some years later, but I now have it upstairs as a spare phone. Honest.

>3210 (Cellnet) I seem to recall getting this as a handset upgrade at the CPW. As with most of my phones, I eventually handed it down to our lass, when I got my next new one.

>6210 (BT Cellnet) Handset upgrade. I eventually sold this to my brother years back, but this is now back with me, and in use, as its the phone our lass now has her work SIM in.

>7110 (BT Cellnet). Handset Upgrade. Later sold to my brother, who got it nicked drunk one night in a nightclub.

>8210(x2) (Orange Everyday 50 new contracts). One for me, one for partner. Mine is still in use in our house as a spare phone (screen fading now), her's got stolen when she was subject to a violent attack and assault one night (B*stards - burn in hell).

>8310(x2) (O2 UK) - two handset upgrades for me and our lass - one was my home SIM, the other my work, til I gave her one of them. Mine is still in use as my sister's spare handset after I sold her it. The other one was sold to my neice, who eventually killed it. EDIT Nov 2005 - Sister has new phone now, but she keeps this as a spare.

>6310i - (O2) Handset Upgrade. Sold to my mate a while back, who still uses it in his X5 as his BT car phone.

>7210(x3) (O2) Upgrades again, then hand me downs - wish I'd never got as they were naff. Two got sold, the other one was an online swap for the 7650 below, that was a con cos it turned out to be a Asian import.

>7650 (O2) Obtained via swap mentioned above for a 7210. Eventually sold to a mate.

>5100(x2) (O2) (One upgrade, one new account.) One sold, the other I can't bloody find in the house but we still have as it has one of my son's PAYG sim's in. Where can it be? EDIT Nov 2005 - Found it in a bag of electrical stuff recently - about to become son's phone again.

>7250(x2) (O2 New Contract). One sold, the other upstairs, waiting for me factory restoring and removing stuff, as our lass's mum is waiting to buy it. EDIT Nov 2005 - Gave to my mum last week for free as a replacment phone for her instead. Our lass's mum got a 6100 I aquired below instead.

>6100 (O2). Upgrade. Sold to sister in law, who's son uses it as a bouncy ball now it seems.

>7250i (O2 new contract). Eventually sold, but can't remember who to.

>Blackberry 6230 (Vodafone). Work trial of Blackberry Email service. I was beta tester.

>Orange E200 SPV (Orange new contract). O2 SIM used most of the time though. Eventually sold to a mate.

>Nokia N-Gage(x2) (O2 - 1 new contract, 1 upgrade) 1 sold, the other broke, somewhere in the house now.

>Blackberry 7230 (Vodafone) The proper issue work Email device, after the trial of the 6230. Use it all the time still.

>O2 XDA2 (on Orange) (New contract). Eventually sold just last week to a mate.

>Nokia 6230(x3) (2x O2 New contracts, 1x O2 Upgrade). Two still in use, one sold to neice.

>C500 SPV (on O2) (Orange new contract, but SIM given to partner, I used my O2 sim in it. Still in use, just converted to PAYG O2 for my son to use, last week.

>6230i (x2) New voda contracts, but used with existing Orange and O2 SIM's - current phones of use. EDIT Nov 2005 - One still our lass's phone, but mine just sold to a mate.

>S.E. K750i (briefly) (Got on O2 upgrade - didn't like at all other than the great camera, so sent back).

EDIT of Nov 2005...

>Nokia 6680 on O2 Online 3G. They told me the phone could not be reduced on upgrade price as it had just came out, but said they COULD half price my entire online line rental for 12 months - much better offer as phone was Ā£99 on launch day! Then, when my next bill came in, I found I had not been charged for the phone, but the line rental had not been discounted either. I rang up, expecting to wrangle the half price line rental and only pay Ā£69.99 for the phone now, as by then that was it's current price. Instead, the nice girl checked and double checked (as I was totally honest with her too about it all), and said that as I had not been charged for the phone, there was no need to raise an invoice for it. She then added my 12 months half price line rental just like her notes on me said I was promised. Some total? Nokia 6680 for FREE, AND 12 months half price cost of my line rental on Online 200 - AMAZING!

>i-mate SP5, got on an O2 Contract, which will be subject to the usual down-rating and down-costing after 6 months or whatever, to save money, and just used with my existing O2 Online UMTS Sim card (it works fine in it).

>Nokia 6100 - Got it off a mate dirt cheap so we could pass it straight on to our lass's mum as a replacement phone. And in return, we aquired for free:

>Nokia 3510 - at least I think that's what it is? Nokia's first UK colour screen brick. Not usre what to do with it just now - maybe let my young son have it as a toy *lol*

Edited by shadamehr

Not quite as impressive as some of you guys, but here goes :

phones.jpg

From left to right :

Nokia Orange 5.1 (2110) (new contract in 1996)

Nokia nk702 (6130)

Nokia 7110e

Nokia 6210e

Nokia 8310e

Nokia 7250

Sony-Ericsson P900

and not included in the pic is my new baby as of last Friday, SPV C500 8)

Best phone - tie between 8310e and 5.1, because they both do what they say on the tin. Most of the others have buggy firmware, poor reliability, and are a 2nd/3rd replacement (none was used for more than 18 months before replacing).

SPV is great so far, a few glitches and crashes, but hopefully things will settle down...

Guest xda-rocks

I've owned quite a few phones. I'm a gadget freak and always have at least two mobiles at any one time. Here they are sort of in order. I'm sure I've missed a couple though.

I can't remember the name my first mobile other than it came from Cellnet, weighed a ton, cost me Ā£1100 and needed two (heavy) batteries (at Ā£80 each) to last 8 hours and line rental was Ā£25+vat/month and 50p/minute, billed by the minute.

Motorola upright giant brick with LED numbers (can,t remember name)

PeoplesPhone pp800

Sony CM H333 (MarsBar Phone)

Nokia 101 Technophone

Then into the digital era:

Motorola First Digital Flip Phone (took full credit-card sized sim cards, can,t remember name)

An early digital thing on Orange, very square shape to it (can,t remember name)

Motorola V50 - classic phone - lasted years

Nokia 3110

Nokia 3210

Nokia 8110

Nokia 7110

Nokia 9000

Nokia 9110

Nokia 9210

Nokia N-Gage

NEC e606

O2 Xda

O2 XdaII

O2 X1 flip phone

T-Mobile MDAIII

SPV C500

T-Mobile SDA

Motorola MPx200

Motorola MPx220

Guest djalienx

Heres mine,

Motorola startac (bigest peice of crap)

Nokia 6120 (one of the best phones, great to custamize)

Sanyo 4000 (Traded in a month after buying it for 4500)

Sanyo 4500 (Good phone had speaker phone)

Samsung N-200 (Another one of the best phones, it has been swimming many times, still worked great)

Sanyo VM-4500 (Also went swimming, didn't work right after)

Samsung SP-I600 (Newest and I love it, it keeps my ADHD in order)

now I'm waiting on a new one that does bluetooth/wifi has a camcorder bigger screen and clamshell, but we all know that won't happen 8)

Guest mitch1974

Damn! Mine is really small compared to yours! :)

NEC DB2000 (indestructible, until I gave it to my [then] girlfriend)

Samsung A300 (fell out of my pocket when I was leaning out of a 2nd floor window, still works, doesn't look that shiny now)

Sharp TM100 (very pretty, but shocking battery life)

SPV C500 (the god of phones!)

But on the other hand I've had a stupidly long list of PDA's, but I've sold them all except for my Zaurus, I like that for the novelty value, Linux in my pocket!

Guest cold_fire
.What mobile phones have u had from your first down to the present one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Impresive list of phones to most of you ,tehnical addict i think ,i suffer of the same sindrom ,and found the cure : MoDaCo !!!

:)/ =D>

Guest bosshogg

Hutchinson Telecom (before they were Orange!) Pager

Motorola MR1

Nokia Orange nk503 (banana phone)

Motorola cd9-something, it was a big blue thing

Nokia 3310

Nokia 8310 (brilliant phone, still have it as a standby)

Sony Ericsson T610 (for the wife)

SPV Mk1 (dusty! and now looks really old-fashioned, but stunning at the time)

SPV C500 (really dusty!)

next up...maybe M500? don't think i want a C550...

Guest Ashleyawd

hehe..

Trium Mars :exclaim:

Sony Ericsson T300

Nokia 3310

Nokia 3330

Nokia 5210

Nokia 6510

Sony Ericsson T68i

Nokia 5100

SPV E100

SPV E200

SPV C500

:)/

Guest joschmoblo

I probably cannot remember them all, and sadly some of the phones I had so long ago that you cannot even find reference to them on the internet!! But ... it's kinda interesting to think back. So here goes!!

These were before companies programmed phones with their data:

Nokia 100

Sony (I have no idea which model number)

Nokia 252

And then there is life after that:

Samsung - either the 1500 or the 2500 (I can't remember!! I just know that it was the first flip phone they had ever come out with!) (I had two of these)

LG 4200 (not sure about this model number, but it was basically the monocolor version of the next phone)

LG 5350 (I had two of these)

Samsung N240

Sanyo 5300 (I had two of these)

Sanyo 8100 (I had two of these) (I had two of these)

Samsung A500

Samsung A620 / VGA 1000 (I had two of these)

Samsung A600

Motorola Mpx 220 Smartphone

Audiovox SMT 5600 Smartphone

_______

OK, now here's my twist to the survey ...

I have had cellular service for 9 years. In those nine years, from either me switching companies, or companies being bought out, I have paid to 6 different service providers, where 7 of those years were to Sprint. And I've had 19 phones in those 9 years ... WOW!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheBadger

I believe my signiture has all the relavent details :). I quite liked the motorola E365 until it broke on me every five minutes, then came back from being "repaired" twice still broken. then I got a 3200 in exchange.

edit: It's funny to see how most people start on nokias, then try a different make and never come back...

Edited by TheBadger

Guest Pondrew
I believe my signiture has all the relavent details :). I quite liked the motorola E365 until it broke on me every five minutes, then came back from being "repaired" twice still broken. then I got a 3200 in exchange.

edit: It's funny to see how most people start on nokias, then try a different make and never come back...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the C550 is a VERY nice way to join the Smartphone movement. Welcome to the community! 8)

Guest tripp

Here are my phones

Siemens S3+

Nokia 2110i

Nokia 2110i

Nokia 6110i (Last good Nokia)

Siemens C25

Nokia 6210

Siemens SL45i

Nokia 8110

Siemens C55

Alcatel OT535 (I still hate it!)

Siemens C62

Ericsson GH688 (Still have it :))

SonyEricsson T68i

Siemens CX65

Qtek 8020

Guest testarossa

All my phones are data capable since 1995:

Nokia 5.1 (orange) + HP 200LX

Nokia 2110 + HP200LX

Nokia 2110 + HP 700LX (THE BRICK with a Built in Slot for my Phone)

then after 4yrs and ignoring all crap (symbian pdas etc) and buying more PC PDA gadgets (Poqet, PC2000 etc ) not todays pocketpc. I waited ten years for HP200LX replacement with windows 2000 and built in phone, of course it never happend, instead HP joined the consumer oriented PDA brigade. They should have employed me as a systems/architect/designer/marketer!!

.moving on

SPV (classic) --- Very good but limited hard hardware support (NO USB Host)

I still needed my PDA!

Motorola mpx 200

spv M2000 (Really need Qtek 2020i ,m2500) Dont need any mechanical bits falling off.

ALL gadgets alive = PC2000, HP(100/200/700LX,620/680LX), Casio E105/115, Tosh Libretto 50, Fujitsu Lifebook P2020, Tosh E740 and more

Guest rgaskell

Somthing roughly like this & Hello from a long time lurker back in the Smartphone fold :)

Philips Savvy?? - Cheers Barclays Bank

Sony Ericsson J5e - Monkey game!

Nokia 8210 - Lasted 2 days - Felt cheap

Sagem MY-X5 - Lasted 1 week - Was cheap!

Sony Ericsson T68i

Motorola T720 - Bloody external camera jobby

Motorola MPX200 - <3

Motorola V600 - Nice but dim

Sony Ericsson K700i - Battery life wru?

HTC SDA - Arrives tomorrow yay!

--

Richard

Guest fbloise

I dont know exactly the date but I was 14, now I'm 22.

I'm using Cellphones since there was any other carrier than Codetel now verizon (dominican Republic).

Motorola MicroTAC Elite (AMPS)

Phillip Isis (AMPS)

Motorola StarTAC (AMPS)

Qualcom QCP2700 (CDMA)

Motorola StarTac (CDMA)

Ericsson T18

Motorola TalkAbout (CDMA)

Then I switch to GSM but sometimes use CDMA:

Nokia 3390

Nokia 8290

Sony Ericsson T68m

Sony Ericsson T68i

Sony Ericsson T300

Motorola V60g

Motorola C333

Motorola C332

Siemens S55

Samsung A500 (CDMA)

Motorola T720g

Motorola C350

Sony Ericsson T616

Panasonic G60

Siemens C56

Siemens A56

Sony Ericsson T226

Sony Ericsson T630

Samsung X426

Motorola V710 (CDMA)

Motorola V525

Motorola V600

Motorola RAZR V3

Then I switch to Smartphone OS

Compal AR11

Motorola MPX200

Orange C500

Motorola MPX220

O2 Xphone 2 <-- I currently use this.

There were a lot more but I dont remember. Just write down those who I kept more than 1 week.

Edited by fbloise