Homer Jay

Guest rockyoursocks

Guest Demartinx200

I dont know why but the home screen keeps displaying army time and doesnt so the date or profile name..can u help?

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this and got the shutdown/startup screens right away but not the background image, so I did that manually and now it's there but the layout still isn't, without the custom layout it looks a bit weird, am I doing something wrong or can't I install it on an mpx200?

ps, haven't installed any plugins yet as far as homescreens go... should I?

sorry, I did the jmms thing and the homescreen is working like a charm now ;)

Just no colorscheme?

Edited by YBM

Guest jonjonwest

I recently downloaded the homer_jay and after playing around a bit, I decided as much as I love it, my previous setting worked a little better for my needs.

However, I deleted it through "Remove Programs" and it appeared to delete ok, but now I have problems. Can you help? Occasionally I get the Homer "Info" page where it says Homer_Jay.cab has been successfully installed, instead of my normal home screen. I do have the correct settings under "Home Screen" so I can't figure out what is occuring.

Thanks if you can help

• 4 weeks later...
Guest grip24
Hi Guys,

Sorry to say this but i want to uninstall this homescreen but the remove programs will not work. It just reports the HomerJ cannot be removed.

Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem......I deleted all the files related w/homer but still shows on my remove programs.....and now i cant even install it again so i can try to uninstall it...If any one got it to uninstall can you pls post what to do............Thx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest w411y

hey i just got an SPV C550 n have downloaded this skin !! ive unpacked it in WinRAR on my computer!! i have come out with the followin files on my PC...

_setup.xml

HOMERJ~1.002

HOMERJ~1.013

HOMERJ~2.001

What folders do i put these in on my fone ??

plz help this skin looks amazin !!!

Guest snathanb

Great home(r!)screen...

I extracted the cab on my PC and used homescreen designer to "tweak" it to my liking.

I didn't really like the white info bubbles, so I photoshopped them to match the others, as well as moving a few things around....

• 2 months later...
Guest rorschak

I'm using and Audiovox smt5600 and am having problems with some of the options on this skin not showing up. The "Profile" status isn't showing on the home screen and if I change the ear piece volume the default screen shows up, not the Homer screen. Are there extra plug-ins to this theme that I need for everything to work correctly?

Or should I just try a re-install?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eclip5e

It´s the better homescreen that I have ever seen. Congratulations!

But, I miss some data (date and icons, i.e.)

I'm sorry about my english. I'm writing from Argentina, country where we speak spanish.

C U

• 2 months later...
Guest Jamma14
hey i just got an SPV C550 n have downloaded this skin !! ive unpacked it in WinRAR on my computer!! i have come out with the followin files on my PC...

_setup.xml

HOMERJ~1.002

HOMERJ~1.013

HOMERJ~2.001

What folders do i put these in on my fone ??

plz help this skin looks amazin !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aww w411y in his young naive days. Hehe :twisted: :)

• 1 month later...
Guest all4jo

How can i get this working on my pocket pc? i copied all of the files into my Pda but still nothing.

thanks

you have simpsons fans.... and a slection of those are hardcore Homer fans (like me)

so Homer fans are just a part of all simpsons fans.

skin looks great!!!, so gonna try installing it tomorrow.

Pigo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest genaldar

I love the theme but for some reason it doesn't show what profile I'm using. Also the clock is in 24 hour and I'm not sure how to change it (or if I can).

• 1 month later...
Guest genaldar

I got it to display the 12 hour clock (simple edit of the xml, damn I feel stupid). But I still don't know where to get the plugins for the sms count and profile. Hopefully there around here or surreal somewhere.

• 1 month later...
Guest genaldar
I got it to display the 12 hour clock (simple edit of the xml, damn I feel stupid). But I still don't know where to get the plugins for the sms count and profile. Hopefully there around here or surreal somewhere.

I guess everyone moved on from this homescreen. Guess I'll have to live with an empty profile box.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest genaldar
I guess everyone moved on from this homescreen. Guess I'll have to live with an empty profile box.

Welp, I fixed it. For some reason the font size was set to 11,4. All I did was change it to 16 and it worked fine. Well I also slid it up a little bit because it was sticking out of the bottom of the box. And I slid over the clock since it was sticking out of the box a little after I switched it over to 12 hour. I figure I'll attach my edited homescreen to this post in case anyone wants it. If the author objects I'll remove it immediately. I would just repackage it but I can't figure out how to make a cab that will actually install, guess I'm a little slow. If anyone wants to repackage it I think they can lose the extra startup and shutdown screens and point both startup to the startup picture and both shutdown pictures to the same shutdown picture.

All credit for the actual creative stuff goes to the author of course. I'm just a schmuck with too much time on my hands who really likes this homescreen.

Homer_Jay.home.xml

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.