CityTime Alarms/Timer Beta

Guest kennyg

Guest ZygMalian

Kenny

(You'll get fed up of me at this rate!)

As a possible change for future releases:

1. Would it be possible to add an option, so that you can set it to always show a particular screen in the bottom half of the app. I always use the Alarms list so would want it to default to this each time I go into the app.

2. In the alarms list, a checkbox to enable / disable the alarms rather then the click / hold / tap would make life simpler.

Thanks

Zyg

Hi Kenny,

I sent these to you but thought I would post here in case anyone else experiences them.

The LCD font that gets installed in CT Alarms show up in Web forms. Data entry boxes now have the LCD font.

I use phoneAlarm to mange ringer profiles. When in Mute (vibrate) profile, the alarm still produces sound. I do not have the box checked that overrides mute.

So far, this release is much better than the first PPC beta. Thanks for a great product.

New BETA for CityTime Alarms 2.0.0!

Pocket PC version:

Thanks!

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Kenny...

First of all, merry Christmass to you, and all who read this...

The app still doesn't wake-up my HTC Wizard when it is in Standby mode..

Am I doing something wrong?

This is what I miss most...

Greetings...

Hey Kenny...

First of all, merry Christmass to you, and all who read this...

The app still doesn't wake-up my HTC Wizard when it is in Standby mode..

Am I doing something wrong?

This is what I miss most...

Greetings...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No you are not doing anything wrong, normally the device omes out of suspend. Lets see if I can narrow the problem.

I'm currently testing on a Dellx51v, the only Windows Mobile Pocket PC I have, and it wakes up the device properly and enables the screen and backlight.

Are you getting sound or anything from suspend or it just never comes up? Or comes up when you turn the device "on"?

Thanks,

Kenny.

Hi Kenny,

I sent these to you but thought I would post here in case anyone else experiences them.

The LCD font that gets installed in CT Alarms show up in Web forms.  Data entry boxes now have the LCD font.

I use phoneAlarm to mange ringer profiles.  When in Mute (vibrate) profile, the alarm still produces sound.  I do not have the box checked that overrides mute.

So far, this release is much better than the first PPC beta.  Thanks for a great product.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried responding but my mail to you was rejected by your server...

What device are you using? I tested against a Dell x51v and I don't see that font in the web forms, but I do see it on a little device application included with the Dells. There is currently no way to find an installed font from other applications, but I try a few other things and see is that changes anything.

I'll install phoneAlarm and see if I can get a similar result, but I do obey the current sound settings exception when "override system settings" is selected for the alarm.

Kenny.

No you are not doing anything wrong, normally the device omes out of suspend.  Lets see if I can narrow the problem.

I'm currently testing on a Dellx51v, the only Windows Mobile Pocket PC I have, and it wakes up the device properly and enables the screen and backlight.

Are you getting sound or anything from suspend or it just never comes up?  Or comes up when you turn the device "on"?

Thanks,

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey kenny...

I use a HTC Wizard, and it does the latter...

It comes up after I take the phone out of suspend mode...

so it does come up, but it doesn't wake my device up....

Is this of any help to you?

Hope so....Good luck...

I tried responding but my mail to you was rejected by your server...

What device are you using?  I tested against a Dell x51v and I don't see that font in the web forms, but I do see it on a little device application included with the Dells.  There is currently no way to find an installed font from other applications, but I try a few other things and see is that changes anything.

I'll install phoneAlarm and see if I can get a similar result, but I do obey the current sound settings exception when "override system settings" is selected for the alarm.

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kenny,

I use a Samsung i730, WM2003SE. I will do some testing without phoneAlarm loaded to see if it makes a difference. Thanks.

Edit: I tested without phoneAlarm and here is what I got. If I set the phone to vibate, the alarm produces sound. If I set the phone to silent, the alarm does not sound.

With phoneAlarm, the alarm sounds with a vibrate profile and with a silent profile.

Edited by scottb

• 2 weeks later...
hey kenny...

I use a HTC Wizard, and it does the latter...

It comes up after I take the phone out of suspend mode...

so it does come up, but it doesn't wake my device up....

Is this of any help to you?

Hope so....Good luck...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And all goes quiet...

Any news Kenny?

Can't wait to get it working....

Greetings

Edited by Maaz

Guest FrankyG

Hi Kenny,

I purchased the smartphone version and found it extremely useful, so would like to offer my help with the PPC version.

My device is an Orange M5000, so here's what I've found so far;

Bugs:

Fails to wake device from standby when on battery power. (could this be something to do with the battery level check the device performs before it resumes?)

Device did wake from standby when on AC power, however CT Alarms closes when device is woken manually (from battery power or AC) Had to soft reset once as device would not resume even when power button pressed.

When an alarm is disabled (portrait), the screen does not refresh automatically to show the disabled icon. Same when it is enabled. The icon will be shown when you scroll through all the screens and back to the original screen.

Text 'No alarms defined' too large in landscape.

Alarm text (during an alarm alert) in landscape view is badly formatted, text too large. Drop down list to select snooze period not working.

After deleting all alarms – CityTime Alarms crashes.

After editing an alarm (portrait), sometimes the screen fails to redraw correctly, appears to fail to draw the on screen keyboard. Solved by clicking on the keyboard icon in the system tray twice. Screen now redraws correctly.

Questions:

If an alarm is dismissed early, is there an easy way to re-activate it?

Suggestions:

Would be better to have split pane in landscape mode, showing current time and next alarm. Nice feature would be to show date/time of next appointment (just to make sure you don't forget to set an alarm for that important event!) See attached pic.

post-1113-1136853254_thumb.gif

Portrait mode: would it be possible to click on the calendar to set an alarm for the date clicked on? Not that important really.

Non repeatable errors:

After creating a repeating alarm, in landscape view, in the alarms list page it shows as expired when it should be active.

When no alarms defined, lower panel (portrait) still shows alarm details from previous active alarm

On device startup, error message ‘Cannot execute \....\....\CityAlarm.exe’ is displayed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll continue to test this - but I'll be using my C500 version as a backup ;)

HTH

Edited by FrankyG

Guest kennyg
Hi Kenny,

I purchased the smartphone version and found it extremely useful, so would like to offer my help with the PPC version.

My device is an Orange M5000, so here's what I've found so far;

Hey, thanks FrankyG ( like the name by the way ;) )

I'm addressing the power issues with the next update,

1 - I'm woken up 10-20 seconds before the alarm is set to go off, I place the program in a sleep state until the second alarm is set to go off, but I think in battery power, the device goes back to sleep!

2 - I turn the power off after the alarm is dismissed, should just leave it alone, which I do now.

3 - I reworked the notification system a bit, it feels more stable on my Dell v51x, sometimes alarms didn't go off ala Pocket PC 2003 SE.

4 - Display issues like the alarm icons not changing are fixed.

5 - Where do you have it installed? Windows Mobile still has some issues running from SD/CF cards, the error you are getting is what Windows Mobile shows when it can't run an installed program, usually because the storage isn't ready. Looking more into it.

And I LOVE the portrait layout. I plan on sneaking it into an update in the next couple of days, i really hated the one I did, but my creativity left me. I'm not liking my analog clock yet, but I'm looking at ways to improve upon it.

Did everyone notice that you can change the view using the left/right navigation?

Thanks!

Kenny.

Guest FrankyG
1 - I'm woken up 10-20 seconds before the alarm is set to go off, I place the program in a sleep state until the second alarm is set to go off, but I think in battery power, the device goes back to sleep!
So should the program waken the device from standby state? I'm gonna just leave it plugged into AC power and test it that way.

5 - Where do you have it installed? Windows Mobile still has some issues running from SD/CF cards, the error you are getting is what Windows Mobile shows when it can't run an installed program, usually because the storage isn't ready. Looking more into it.

I installed to SD card - I try not to put anything on the device if I can help it.

I also updated the Landscape layout - maybe you could use the navigation pad to switch between the current time zone and any other which is set up?

And yes, of course I noticed the navigation pad is used to change views - I press everything ;)

I'll keep testing...

Cheers,

FrankyG

Guest FrankyG

I've concluded that trying to test first thing in the morning is a bad idea-my brain simply isn't in gear to log and later remember any problems\error messages that were encountered. The most I can manage is to find a snooze button! I do think that some of the problems I have are as a result of using sbp time,the device built in alarm...and citytime alam! I'll disable the otherss and do more testing...at night time ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've gutted all the internals to make it easier to change the display on a whim, here is a functioning version of what Franky came up with for Landscape, anyone one like or have suggestions?

Ok, I've gutted all the internals to make it easier to change the display on a whim, here is a functioning version of what Franky came up with for Landscape, anyone one like or have suggestions?

post-4291-1138746245_thumb.jpg

Kenny.

I think it looks good!

Have you made other mods as well? In particular I'm asking about the issue where alarms would always be audible even with mu PPC on vib or silent.

Guest ZygMalian

Kenny

Clock mod looks really good.

I previously posted and idea about being able turn an alarm on and off by marking a checkbox on the alarm list rather than the havibg to click for the menu, and also to have an option in the settings so that you can set a particular view (ie the alarms list) to always show when you open the app.

Any idea when the next release will be ready?

Zyg

Guest Adrian.Albu

I found that the path to alternate sounds is not working on my SPV C600. It saves only the install path regardless of what I select.

Also if I select an mp3 it sounds oly once.

Edited by Adrian.Albu

Kenny

Clock mod looks really good.

I previously posted and idea about being able turn an alarm on and off by marking a checkbox on the alarm list rather than the havibg to click for the menu, and also to have an option in the settings so that you can set a particular view (ie the alarms list) to always show when you open the app.

Any idea when the next release will be ready?

Zyg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just completed it! Unfortunately I'm having web server issues so I'm waiting out those before I can put them up.

I plan on adding a few small enhancements before actual release so I'm going to see if it won't be too tough to add the checkbox. I've also added the ability to have 4 cities for world time.

To answer scottb I've fixed the audible alarm bug when muted and also the path bug.

Kenny.

CityTime Alarms for PPC Beta 2 - is now available!!!!!

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.exe (PC installer)

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.ARM.CAB (device install)

Please leave ANY feedback here or email me at kennyg AT purelymobile.com

All the bugs mentioned above SHOULD be fixed, if not please let me know. Particularly difficult to find was the MP3/WMA support, some devices would only play an MP3 sound once, that is no longer the case.

Kenny.

Guest FrankyG

I can't even get the cab file to install!

Re-booting device and trying again....

Success :) More testing in progress! My first comment, which I should have asked about a long time ago; I'm using the Ozvga hack which forces the device to display true Vga, rather than use the pixel doubling method which it does by default. Is there any possibility of your application working in true Vga mode? I'll upload a screen shot tomorrow of what it looks like on my Universal as it is just now. That doesn't read right, but I'm too tired to think. Night!

post-1113-1139971287_thumb.jpg

Edited by FrankyG

Guest FrankyG

CTA did not wake my M5000 up from standby while on battery power. When I manually woke the device there was a notification error telling me 'Cannot execute\storage card\Program Files....\...\CityAlarm.exe'

Would it be useful if I listed the current notification queue?

Version 1.9

15 February 2006

Application: calupd.exe

Notify Type: 2

Event Status: 0

Event Type: 0

Arguments: AppRunAtTime

Start time: 2-16-2006, 00:00

End time: 0-0-0, 00:00

Application: AlarmPopup.exe

Start time: 2-16-2006, 08:49

Application: clocknot.exe

Start time: 2-19-2006, 00:00

Application: CALNOT.EXE

Start time: 2-22-2006, 00:00

Application: SCRIPT:0x0005EB60

Arguments: (none)

Start time: 2-24-2006, 00:45

Application: SCRIPT:0x0005DA90

Start time: 2-25-2006, 01:10

Application: TimeWizard.exe

Start time: 2-25-2006, 09:19

Application: SCRIPT:0x00055150

Start time: 2-28-2006, 00:45

Application: CALENDAR.EXE

Notify Type: 4

Dialog Title:POOM: 1073741832 2006 4 22 9 0 2006 4 22 16 0 

Dialog Text:PRIVATE

09:00 22/04/06

Start time: 4-15-2006, 09:00

Application: VCCalendarReminderShadow

Dialog Title: (cannot process)

Dialog Text: (cannot process)

Start time: 4-15-2006, 09:00

Dialog Title:POOM: 1073741875 2006 7 4 0 0 2006 7 10 0 0 

All day event 04/07/06

Start time: 6-13-2006, 00:00

Dialog Title:POOM: 1073741921 2006 7 14 0 0 2006 7 17 0 0 

All day event 14/07/06

Start time: 6-23-2006, 00:00

Dialog Title:POOM: 1073741863 2006 8 1 0 0 2006 8 2 0 0 

All day event 01/08/06

Start time: 7-28-2006, 00:00

Application: VCPowerWakeupEvent

Notify Type: 1

Event Type: 11

Start time: 0-0-0, 00:00

Application: CityAlarm.exe

Event Type: 12

Arguments: /AppRunAfterTzChange

Event Type: 1

Arguments: /AppRunAfterTimeChange

Event Type: 3

Arguments: /AppRunAtAcPowerOn

Application: sddaemon.exe

Event Type: 10

Arguments: AppRunAfterRestore

Application: SpbTimeNotify.exe

Arguments: AppRunAfterTimeChange

Application: UptimeCounter.exe

Event Type: 11

Arguments: AppRunAfterWakeup

Application: calnot.exe

Application: calnot.exe

Application: repllog.exe

Event Type: 14

Arguments: AppRunAfterRndisFnDetected

Application: repllog.exe

Event Type: 9

Arguments: AppRunAtRs232Detect

Edited by FrankyG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.