CityTime Alarms/Timer Beta

Guest kennyg

CTA did not wake my M5000 up from standby while on battery power. When I manually woke the device there was a notification error telling me 'Cannot execute\storage card\Program Files....\...\CityAlarm.exe'

Would it be useful if I listed the current notification queue?

It looks like the SD/CF card driver is not working correctly for timer style applications, this has been a LONG running problem MS has yet to deal with. Try installing to main memory and give it another shot please!

Any of you having problems please do the same, it seems MS still can't correct this issue.

Kenny.

I can't even get the cab file to install!

Re-booting device and trying again....

Success  :)  More testing in progress! My first comment, which I should have asked about a long time ago; I'm using the Ozvga hack which forces the device to display true Vga, rather than use the pixel doubling method which it does by default. Is there any possibility of your application working in true Vga mode? I'll upload a screen shot tomorrow of what it looks like on my Universal as it is just now. That doesn't read right, but I'm too tired to think. Night!

post-1113-1139971287_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm looking into it, I think I can manage it without too much trouble... I'll update ASAP.

I can't even get the cab file to install!

Re-booting device and trying again....

Success  :)  More testing in progress! My first comment, which I should have asked about a long time ago; I'm using the Ozvga hack which forces the device to display true Vga, rather than use the pixel doubling method which it does by default. Is there any possibility of your application working in true Vga mode? I'll upload a screen shot tomorrow of what it looks like on my Universal as it is just now. That doesn't read right, but I'm too tired to think. Night!

post-1113-1139971287_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm looking into it, I think I can manage it without too much trouble... I'll update ASAP.

It looks like the SD/CF card driver is not working correctly for timer style applications, this has been a LONG running problem MS has yet to deal with.  Try installing to main memory and give it another shot please!

Any of you having problems please do the same, it seems MS still can't correct this issue.

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kenny,

CTA is installed to main memory and not sd card and is still not waking device from standby - MDA VARIO/HTC WIZARD

Guest FrankyG

Hi Kenny,

I uninstalled CTA, then re-booted. Tried to install to Main memory, got as far as 'importing Cities' screen but no further. Tried uninstalling/re-installing/rebooting a few time but unsuccessful. I then fired up Scarybears 'Check Notifications' utility and deleted any references to CityAlarm notifications. After another reboot, and selecting the option 'not upgrading CTA' it installed to the main memory ok.

I've just set an alarm and am waiting to see if the device wakes up from standby.....

Which it just has!! :)

it would be terrific If you can get this working in true VGA, it's pretty difficult to dismiss or snooze with my current setup! Which reminds me, did you implement the suggestion to make the Action button act as the snooze button?

I'll test more....

rgds,

FrankyG

kenny,

CTA is installed to main memory and not sd card and is still not waking device from standby - MDA VARIO/HTC WIZARD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm planning on picking up one of these devices ASAP it might hav to wait until then.

Also it looks as though there are a few upgrade issues. If you can install one of the notification viewers (scarry bears maybe), exit citytime alarms , delete the references to cityalarms and then start the program again and try, say a simple timer.

Thanks,

Kenny.

Hi Kenny,

I uninstalled CTA, then re-booted. Tried to install to Main memory, got as far as 'importing Cities' screen but no further. Tried uninstalling/re-installing/rebooting a few time but unsuccessful. I then fired up Scarybears 'Check Notifications' utility and deleted any references to CityAlarm notifications. After another reboot, and selecting the option 'not upgrading CTA' it installed to the main memory ok.

I've just set an alarm and am waiting to see if the device wakes up from standby.....

Which it just has!!  :)

it would be terrific If you can get this working in true VGA, it's pretty difficult to dismiss or snooze with my current setup! Which reminds me, did you implement the suggestion to make the Action button act as the snooze button?

I'll test more....

rgds,

FrankyG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just made some changes so it works better in true VGA mode, still have a problem with some of the dialog font sizes so I need to do something about that yet.

As for the action button, I'll look at ASAP as I forgot about that change.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny,

I haven't had a change to do much testing, but I still get an audible alarm when my device is on vibrate. I am using phoneAlarm to control profiles, so I'll have to test a little more without PA loaded.

I'm planning on picking up one of these devices ASAP it might hav to wait until then.

Also it looks as though there are a few upgrade issues.  If you can install one of the notification viewers (scarry bears maybe), exit citytime alarms , delete the references to cityalarms and then start the program again and try, say a simple timer.

Thanks,

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kenny,

will give a try to your recommendations and let you know the outcome soon as i can.

Hi Kenny,

I haven't had a change to do much testing, but I still get an audible alarm when my device is on vibrate.  I am using phoneAlarm to control profiles, so I'll have to test a little more without PA loaded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm looking at the standard windows mute setting to determine if the phone volume is off and I don't have a ppc that suppoprts vibrate. If you could, let me know the value of the registry item:

Both HKCU and HKLM

"ControlPanel\Notifications\ShellOverrides" value "Mode"

when it is in vibrate mode and I can get a little more info.

Thanks!

Kenny.

I'm looking at the standard windows mute setting to determine if the phone volume is off and I don't have a ppc that suppoprts vibrate.  If you could, let me know the value of the registry item:

Both HKCU and HKLM

"ControlPanel\Notifications\ShellOverrides" value "Mode"

when it is in vibrate mode and I can get a little more info.

Thanks!

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kenny,

When in vibrate mode:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\ShellOverrides" value "Mode" = 1

I don't have a \Notifications section under HKLM\ControlPanel.

Kenny,

When in vibrate mode:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\ShellOverrides" value "Mode" = 1

I don't have a \Notifications section under HKLM\ControlPanel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is probably the reason, I only check for 0 and 2. Will try and fix ASAP.

Thanks!

Kenny.

That is probably the reason, I only check for 0 and 2.  Will try and fix ASAP.

Thanks!

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just posted a new version that should correctly note when the sound is in vibrate and that supports the "True" VGA mode. Let me know what you think.

Kenny.

I've just posted a new version that should correctly note when the sound is in vibrate and that supports the "True" VGA mode.  Let me know what you think.

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Should I be using the link in the first post of this thread? It doesn't work. Please hook me up as I want to try it!

Also it looks as though there are a few upgrade issues.  If you can install one of the notification viewers (scarry bears maybe), exit citytime alarms , delete the references to cityalarms and then start the program again and try, say a simple timer.

Thanks,

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK Kenny - here's what i can tell you so far.

Followed your instructions as quoted above. On short term alarms, ie set to go off within a hour CTA did wake up device from standby.

Long term alarms, ie set from previous night to wake me in the morning, CTA did not wake the device, however manually waking the device DID then set off the CTA alarm.

Hope these findings may help in some way - I know it's driving me crazy, though the extra sleep is most welcome.

Cheers, George.

I Can't download the latest file  getting a 404 error? Can someone PM the latest cab file please?

Ta!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Franky,

Cant find how to attach file to pm. If you want to pm me your email I'll send to you.

George.

Franky,

Cant find how to attach file to pm. If you want to pm me your email I'll send to you.

George.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, maybe an old link, here is the current:

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.ARM.CAB

OR

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.exe

Note that there might be a problem with the hi-res background, my source control system went nuts and deleted a few things during an update just before building this.

Kenny.

ok, maybe an old link, here is the current:

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.ARM.CAB

OR

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.exe

Note that there might be a problem with the hi-res background, my source control system went nuts and deleted a few things during an update just before building this.

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I just cleaned up a bunch of VGA display issues and re-worked the landscape alarm layout.

Also, for those of you that have issues with alarms sounding only after the device if soft-powered on I added something to force the device to awaken, give this version a try.

Thanks!

Kenny.

OK, I just cleaned up a bunch of VGA display issues and re-worked the landscape alarm layout. 

Also, for those of you that have issues with alarms sounding only after the device if soft-powered on I added something to force the device to awaken, give this version a try.

Thanks!

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to say Kenny, but my Vario still wont wake from standby.

George.

Hi Kenny,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. When in audible mode, the alarms sound as expected. When in silent mode, the alarms still sound. When in vibrate mode, the alarms make no sound at all.

Here are the "Mode" registry keys for each.

Audible = 0

Silent = does not seem to change the value--it stays at what it was before

Vibrate = 1

Also, when I removed CTA, I kept getting "Cannot execute \path\CityTimeAlarms.exe" when doing a soft reset.

Hi Kenny,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  When in audible mode, the alarms sound as expected.  When in silent mode, the alarms still sound.  When in vibrate mode, the alarms make no sound at all.

Here are the "Mode" registry keys for each.

Audible = 0

Silent = does not seem to change the value--it stays at what it was before

Vibrate = 1

Also, when I removed CTA, I kept getting "Cannot execute \path\CityTimeAlarms.exe" when doing a soft reset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm expecting a value of 2 for silent (emulator set to this). I'll try to find a better indicator.

Kenny.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kennyg
The beta is nolonger available from CodeCity, can someone email me the cab or the .exe zipped to [email protected]

Thanks!

Josh

I've FINALLY fixed what I think are the last bugs in the alarm system, one from Microsoft WM5 and one from a CityTime conflict.

http://www.codecity.net/prodctappc_beta.htm

Thanks,

Kenny.

Edited by kennyg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.