CityTime Alarms/Timer Beta

Guest kennyg

Guest chaznet

I gave up on my Touch. pTravel Alarm on the other hand looks and works quite well on the Touch, and gives you a status icon on the Today screen. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of CityTime -- but sometimes less is more...

Hi,

Was there any update on the cityalarm.exe error notification ? I just installed the appli, it's great asisde of that issue.

On my Touch, that usually start when I connect to ActiveSync, and when I reboot subsequently.

Appli is on main memory, so message looks /program files/...

Thks

Fabien

Guest kromega
I gave up on my Touch. pTravel Alarm on the other hand looks and works quite well on the Touch, and gives you a status icon on the Today screen. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of CityTime -- but sometimes less is more...

thanks for the advice, just installed and seems to be OK... the only annoying thing so far if the hour setting with up/down arrow that is not the easier/faster way... I'll survive :)

Edited by kromega

Guest chaznet

The product is so reasonably priced that I was surprised to receive a PM from you asking for the serial number and have blocked further PM's from you.

thanks for the advice, just installed and seems to be OK... the only annoying thing so far if the hour setting with up/down arrow that is not the easier/faster way... I'll survive :)
Edited by chaznet

• 2 months later...
Guest docdoc

Well, I now know what is causing the bug. I've emailed the developers but so far have not received a reply, or even an acknowledgement of my email! I've also posted on the support forum on the codecity website but still very quiet...

I came across intermittent problems with my device stalling during an ActiveSync or after a soft reset, and giving a notification error "Cannot execute CityAlarm.exe". I just couldn't work out why it would do this intermittently.

I subsequently installed an internet time synchronizer and noticed after the system time was changed the same thing happened. This got me wondering again.

I started googling for problems and realised it was almost certainly something to do with the notification queue. I ended up installing Memmaid and found that CityAlarm puts absolutely loads of duplicate entries into the notification queue. They are the "Event Based" notifications - there are two:

When: The system time changed. Argument: AppRunAfterTimeChange

When: The time zone changed. Argument: AppRunAfterTzChange

Memmaid removed all the duplicate entries (nearly 100) and I suddenly found that my device runs so much faster. This was obviously clogging things up a great deal.

There appears to be a bug so that whenever CityAlarm runs it adds these two notifications to the queue again. Eventually when there are enough of them it causes slowing of the device and an eventual crash whenever a time change / activesync / soft reset / switch phone on or off occurs.

Everything has been fine since I got Memmaid. It can automatically clean any duplicate entries, so this is a workaround for now. However, THE DEVELOPERS NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS BUG AND GET IT FIXED ASAP. It has obviously put some people off and this bug is obviously quite widespread.

Guest chaznet

Must be a hobby of yours, as that would be the only reason to pursue this product. Even in it's day, support and development was inconsistent -- and that's putting it politely :D

Well, I now know what is causing the bug. I've emailed the developers but so far have not received a reply, or even an acknowledgement of my email! I've also posted on the support forum on the codecity website but still very quiet...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.