Orange UK C500 Update Imminent

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest scottishdave
ah dood, when is this comming out... are the french beta testing it or something !!! No, i know they're not... it's just Orange france works and Orange UK sit arround drinking tea and eating cookies    grrrr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cookies!

You mean Rich Tea biscuits dear fellow.

Guest rekall

I have been told via a colleague at work (who works directly with Orange) the C500 UK update with WMP10 will be available on the 9th May.

Guest lardy
i think the latest UK ROM will have to be on your phone to put the forthcoming ROM on.

You say you're having problems putting the latest UK ROM on your phone right?

couple of questions  - i asume you're trying to put it on a UK C500?

- what version of windows you using?

- can you borrow a friend's computer to put the ROM on -if you're getting illigal operations i asuming your using pre XP machine? Its possibly something wrong rooted in your machine.

have you considered sending your phone to HTC http://www.htceurope.com/ - you should email / phone them or something to see if you can get them to put the ROM on.

IF you're gonna do that you might as well wait till the new UK ROM is out.

Hope that helps

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers for your response... i'm using XP Pro, and it is my C500 from orange. I've come to the conclusion that when i downloaded it the file became corrupt. (my internet cuts off every 2 hours, so i have to resume downloads) It nearly finished but had to resume right at the end, using Download Accelerator Plus. When i go to extract the files using winrar it does a couple but then says the file is corrupt. Oh well, i'll try again!

Guest scottishdave

9th MAY! MAY?

That's ages away. What are we going to do for two weeks?

Mind you if that's the case I don't need to check this website every day.

Guest jbrare

Orange have a strange idea of what the word "Imminent" means! The SPVs have always had their "rom update" dates shrouded in mystery, why don't they just simply say on their web site "The new update will be available on ....." as the release date gets close.

JB

Guest bluesmudge
Cheers for your response... i'm using XP Pro, and it is my C500 from orange. I've come to the conclusion that when i downloaded it the file became corrupt. (my internet cuts off every 2 hours, so i have to resume downloads) It nearly finished but had to resume right at the end, using Download Accelerator Plus. When i go to extract the files using winrar it does a couple but then says the file is corrupt. Oh well, i'll try again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh that would be it - i remember i used to have the same problem on my dial up connection.

though not sure why your connection cuts out after 2 hours - normally providers do that if you're appearing idle . . . . try finding a download manager that allows you to properly resume downloads etc . . . or find a friend with broadband . . . lol i've never had an illigal operation in XP i assumed they go rid of that warning becuase it made no sense!

Guest tsutton
9th MAY!  MAY?

That's ages away.  What are we going to do for two weeks?

Mind you if that's the case I don't need to check this website every day.

Well, it's better to know the date rather than not knowing when. ;)

Guest scottishdave

Your right, it is better knowing when.

Two weeks in the software world is a long time though.

I'll have to play some of the arcade games on Modaco to pass the time!

Guest rekall

Another colleague of mine has suggested using advice here http://www.mobismart.net/forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=696 to backup your ROM first before trying the French or the impending UK ROM. This then allows you to completely restore your ROM irrespective whether you have had it IMEI unlocked or not. He has restored his UK phone back to the UK 4.1.1.4 even though he installed the French one.

Guest pete_thomson

I was also told last night to expect the ROM update "in the next 2 weeks" as the technical guys from Orange France were in Bristol yesterday, "and they presumably were dealing with the ROM upgrade whilst they are here"

Guest minty1978

hmmmm,

Ive just had this reply from orange....:

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your mail.

I can advise that we have no plans to upgrade the firmware of the SPV C500 to include Windows Media Player 10 at present. However, any new products and services will be featured on our website www.orange.co.uk

I hope this information is useful.

Kind regards

Karen

Orange Customer Services

oh well, i am sure some one know more than customer services!

Guest Pondrew
hmmmm,

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your mail.

I can advise that we have no plans to upgrade the firmware of the SPV C500 to include Windows Media Player 10 at present. However, any new products and services will be featured on our website www.orange.co.uk

I hope this information is useful.

Kind regards

Karen

Orange Customer Services

oh well, i am sure some one know more than customer services!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can beat that. T-Mobile Customer Services STILL deny having a UK update to the firmware on their MDA III despite many of us having had it for weeks, and despite it being essential to their Blackberry Instant Email package!

Guest tsutton
hmmmm,

Mine is a bit different... got this reply yesterday

Dear Tony

Thank you for your mail.

With regard to this issue, I have referred the question through to Data Support Team for further information on this software available through Orange France.

I trust this information is helpful.

Kind regards

Su

Orange Customer Services

Guest pickie

hmm the date of 3rd may for the update which i saw somewhere dont seem to of happened, so i spoke to orange, and they said that they ARE looking at the update, but no release date as yet, hmm so that means it could never happen ??? allwell ;) im getting the M2000 soon anyway ;)

Guest squall

orange are poor when it comes to them telling there front line staff whats going on so i wouldnt read much into it.

Normally updates are released late in the day anyway.