Orange UK C500 Update Imminent

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest h3adl0ng

Has anyone else found that their ctrl and f5 keys seem slightly tired? Mine have taken a good hammering already today - and it doesn't look like its gonna let up any time soon.

Just gonna see about doing some work today ;)

h3adlong

Guest Kinch

I followed the link i got on PAGE 7.

Selected that i pay monthly, then the phone i got (obviously the SPV C500) and it goes to a screen which displays the phone and has a couple of useless links at teh bottom. Is this the screen that will show when it is availbale??

Guest scottishdave
Youd think doing a search on the orange website, with either "rom" or "update" would at least bring up SOMETHING.. anything. Nope.

is that crazy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Oranges search feature actually works.

I don't get hits for any search...

Guest cubik
I followed the link i got on PAGE 7.

Selected that i pay monthly, then the phone i got (obviously the SPV C500) and it goes to a screen which displays the phone and has a couple of useless links at teh bottom. Is this the screen that will show when it is availbale??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could be wrong, but I figure that Orange will simply change the page that links to the 4.1.1.4 update, so, try the link to 'How do I download the latest software update?'.

Guest simonbratt99

dave , i searched (also ) for the word "the", it found some, maybe its only a really really stupid thick search brain?

Guest simonbratt99

Aparently the New ROM isnt coming out now till may 23rd..

Well everyone else has had a guess, one of us godda be rite eh?

Guest mupwangle

>>Considering it has already been reported that all new UK c500s are shipping with the new ROM or at least WMP10 i doubt we need to worry about testing it

And the french 4.2.2.1 rom is fine (once you change it all back from french!). No-one else has confirmed that the multipress thing has gone for them. Mibbe it is just me......

Guest scottishdave

My random date for the release of this update is...

Remembering it must be an immanent date!

July 28th 2006!

;)

Guest scottishdave

Sorry I've changed my mind.

My new predicted date of release is...

This Saturday?

On a serious note, I've just spoken with Orange CS and apparently there is no scheduled software update for the C500...

But if there is it will be on their website ?!?!?

(I'm sorry I'm bored with nothing better to do).

Guest simonbratt99

many years of experience with talking to ..orange...and other larger support organisations.. tells me...generally.... that the arse has no idea what the elbow is doing, and the elbow thinks the arse doesnt NEED to know. and we all know what level of support we 1st have to speak to.. and we also know what comes out of that region...

its not the arses fault, it does what it was designed for. You feed it crap, you get shite.

its a lottery out there, and if you choose to play , ya takes ya chance.

(no offence intended to any first level support techs out there (gulp))

(thats killed a bit more time)

Edited by simonbratt99

Guest ElGato65
>>Considering it has already been reported that all new UK c500s are shipping with the new ROM or at least WMP10 i doubt we need to worry about testing it

And the french 4.2.2.1 rom is fine (once you change it all back from french!).  No-one else has confirmed that the multipress thing has gone for them.  Mibbe it is just me......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not fine, it fecks up TomTom.

Guest mupwangle
It's not fine, it fecks up TomTom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK. Nearly fine. ;-) I would guess that the update means that some software needs an update to account for it. All will be well.

I would get tomtom 'cept my car's nearly 1 year old and hasn't hit 3800 miles yet. Hardly seems worth it. ;-)

Guest mavisdavis

Ever notice how us forum memebers that have been around for a good couple of years aren't posting. We're used to the phrase " it'll be here when it arrives"

We've learnt not to hold our breaths waiting for Orange ;)

Guest pisquee

From experience of the past SPV series updates...

1. They come out at the end of the day, either they are testing it is ready, or the website can handle all the downloads, or they are looking at MoDaCo and laughing at us, and keep us hanging right til the last minute.

2. Customer Services never know anyhing about the existance of an update, let alone when it is being released. Or the ones that do are not authorised to let on, which I assume may also be the same for Paul, he is allowed to tell us an update is coming soon, but no be specific. If a specific release date/time is given then there is pressure on Orange to release on that date whether it be ready or not.

Guest bluesmudge

It would appear to me that speaking to customer services is the wrong thig to be doing . . . i doubt anyone tells them what updates are coming out . . . they're monkeys with a headset and a keybored to hit, if anyone has a direct number for Orange enginners then we're talking. . . . its bound to be real people behind the technology that we want to speak to, not the monkies with the mic. ;)

Guest PayableOnDeath
well another 'release date' came and went....any ideas when the next one might be...shall we run a book on it. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1st April 2006 ;) :P ;) :D

any better dates???

Guest simonbratt99

i dont really know what this rom does, but im still annoyed its not out yet. Im sure some physicobabble person can tell me what im suffering from.

Guest Confucious
We've learnt not to hold our breaths waiting for Orange ;)

I haven't been arround long enough to know that so I am holding my breath, am finding it difficult now,

Am going blue......