MPx220 and Latest Firmware

Guest Paraklas

Guest Seth Cold
What's better, 1.280.0.0 EU rom or the generic 1.25 rom?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.28 is newer... should be better... we're all expecting 1.28 to be released for self update and/or cingular's expected in may update

Guest laskuh
when will we see the latest ROM from Cingular or Moto?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

end of may is what theyre saying at the moment.

Guest Paraklas
1.28 is newer... should be better... we're all expecting 1.28 to be released for self update and/or cingular's expected in may update

Yeah but Cingular will release a customized firmware as they did for 1.03... right? And who knows if the software numbering will be 1.28..

Sounds kinda weird.. like cingular is actually the mpx220 manufacturer ;)

Guest Seth Cold
Yeah but Cingular will release a customized firmware as they did for 1.03... right? And who knows if the software numbering will be 1.28..

Sounds kinda weird.. like cingular is actually the mpx220 manufacturer ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the 1.28 ROM is already on the newest european Mpx220.

I have a contact who claims to have it... but hasnĀ“t the permission to release it for public.

Guest Paraklas

Then we all just have to wait until it becomes available for download or some good person in here like laskuh uploads it!!!! ;)

Guest cdfite

I changed from a Hong Kong based Chinese ROM to the generic 1.25 and everything works perfectly with the exception of when I have my bluetooth headset (Jabra 250) attached, it defaults to the auto-answer mode and cannot be changed no matter what is programmed for the the delay. i.e. "never", "2 seconds", "4 seconds", etc. I am using an AT&T sim with cingular service. I now have fonts that are readable.

Guest sdantas

I just flashed my MPx220 with 1.25 generic flash file. Now it is in English... and I would like to have it in Portuguese. Will the 0.343 lng file work with 1.25? If so, how can I flash it?

If not, is the ATT 0.343 flash too old and crappy?

Regards,

Sergio

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Seth Cold

newest ROMs:

-Asian (gotone) 1.40

-Cingular 1.39 ->support for bluetooth serial port

-At&t 1.39 -> english, spanish, portuguese, french

all of them have better volume, more stability and reaaally better minisd support (much faster)

Guest Paraklas
Newest ROMs:

-Asian (gotone) 1.40

-Cingular 1.39 ->support for bluetooth serial port

-At&t 1.39 -> english, spanish, portuguese, french

all of them have better volume, more stability and reaaally better minisd support (much faster)

What about the European ROM?

Guest dcdomain
What about the European ROM?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No word on that yet. I tried the 1.39 Cingular yesterday and the Asian 1.40 rom. I'm sticking with the Asian 1.40 rom, it's noticeably louder than the 1.39 Cingular rom.

Guest Paraklas

What about the answering delay? European 1.25 has 2 seconds, 1.39 has 0 seconds... 1.40???

Also, what about stability of 1.40 compared to the above versions?

Major Question: Does Sprite backup, restores files even if the ROM has changed?

Thanks!

P.S. It's your fault now that I want to try 1.40 as well ;)

Guest Seth Cold

i didnt like 1.40... small fonts... loud but distorted sound (might be good sometimes if it's noisy), chinese symbols even when in english ... can't surf with internet explorer...

Guest cortez
i didnt like 1.40... small fonts... loud but distorted sound (might be good sometimes if it's noisy), chinese symbols even when in english ... can't surf with internet explorer...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you change your "Locale" to English (United States)? i've been using 1.40 for 4 days without one problem, including surfing the net with IE and Opera.

Guest SJ@MPx-220
did you change your "Locale" to English (United States)?Ā  i've been using 1.40 for 4 days without one problem, including surfing the net with IE and Opera.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys,

Sorry for being a newbie here. Where can I download the Asian 1.4 ROM or the generic 1.25 ROM?

I'm still stucked with the 1.11 Asian ROM :cry:

-Samuel

Guest Paraklas

Sorry mate but it's against the forum rules to give links or upload here ROMs etc so you have to search a bit on the Internet.

Of course, you can always upgrade to Cingular 1.39 which is available online ;)

Guest SJ@MPx-220
Sorry mate but it's against the forum rules to give links or upload here ROMs etc so you have to search a bit on the Internet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks pal, I manage to find the 1.4 ROM. Now what? I guess that I need the tool to flash it to my phone off-line. Can somebody point me to where I can get a hold of this tool? At least what it is called :P

My knowledge about smartphone is very limited as I don't spend much time to follows the numerous message boards on the net. In fact, the only smartphone forum that I read occasionally is Modaco MPx220 section ;)

-Sam

Guest andyhud
Thanks pal, I manage to find the 1.4 ROM.Ā  Now what?Ā  I guess that I need the tool to flash it to my phone off-line.Ā  Can somebody point me to where I can get a hold of this tool?Ā  At least what it is calledĀ  ;)

My knowledge about smartphone is very limited as I don't spend much time to follows the numerous message boards on the net.Ā  In fact, the only smartphone forum that I read occasionally is Modaco MPx220 sectionĀ  ;)Ā 

-Sam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sj...

Check your PM's

Guest seancoop

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will you please PM or email me with the link for the 1.39 Cingular ROM. Thanks

[email protected]

Guest Paraklas
Will you please PM or email me with the link for the 1.39 Cingular ROM. Thanks

[email protected]

Use motorola's update tool (available in a thread here for download) and through that you can get the 1.39 cingular..

Guest SJ@MPx-220
Use motorola's update tool (available in a thread here for download) and through that you can get the 1.39 cingular..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just want to say thanks to andy and Paraklas. I now have 1.4 ROM flashed to my phone.

My initial impressions about the new ROM:

* Feel a lot faster than my old ROM

* The keypad sound is too loud. Very annoying

* Before flashing the ROM, I can access the profile menu by pressing the home key. Now it leads me to a wap site.

* You can now change the phone name in the phone setting

* The remove program bugs is still there. Above 50 application installed then the list is still gone

* Prior to upate, I always have the problem with Home Screen not showing properly when the theme files are stored at the storage card after a reset. This problem is solved with the new ROM, cool.

GPRS connection is excellent as before. I can browse with PIE or the Opera with no problems. I need to try further to see whether the pseudo signal problem still exists (you know, the full signal but failed to connect problem). However, when I checked the Radio version, it's still 1.0. So may be the Radio was not upgraded.

Can anyone disect what the contents of the ROMs are. There are 12 files inside:

FLM-R702-002.edf

MDS-0-0230-0018-0.lng

MDS-0-0450-7002-0.opr

MDS-0-0510-7002-0.oap

MDS-0-1400-0000-0.max

MDS-0-1400-0000-0.mbr

MDS-0-1400-0018-0.chn

MDS-0-1400-0018-0.cpu

MDS-0-1400-0018-0.smf

MDS-4-1400-0018-0.oem

MDS-4-1400-0018-0.xkl

MDS-7002-046-PK.mlf

I would be interested to know whether it's possible to interchange some of the files with the other ROMs.

I want to get rid off the Chinese language and the operators' settings.

Finally, can anyone share the tip to change the splashscreen ;)

-Sam