MPx220 and Latest Firmware

Guest Paraklas

Guest redstone_
MPx220 owners are always welcome here but we do have rules.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey guys just wanted to take a sec and say thanks, I have used your forum for info on many occasion since I bought my mpx220, for instance I could not get bluetooth to work and so I turned to my new friends at modaco 8)

Anyway, I downloaded the update utility, and sure enough it upgraded my phone. The first time it failed, not sure why but the second time it went through. After it was finished I ran the tool again, and it asked me if I wanted to restore the backup files. So accept for lost programs I installed it has been a pleasant experience. I use Outlook XP so all my contacts and such were moved back the next time I ran activesync. Im not new to computers, Im a netadmin but im new to smartphones. so again, I say thanks for all your advice.

redstone_

Guest batha
HERE  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for trying to be cute, but I have tried that route and came up with dead links.

I always turn to this forum first for answers and have noticed this question asked before and the answer has been a PM from an experienced member and was hoping to obtain some wisdom.

Guest batha

I guess I am also looking for an answer to my other question in the same post as to whether 1.43 is the latest? Half the threads I have read only speak of the 1.30 version that is the latest according to Moto.

Guest Paraklas

I have posted the Motorola Online Update utility several times in this thread and in other threads as well here in Modaco so I guess it will still be there if you search the forum a bit.

The latest firmware is 1.43 - even though you can download it from Motorola's server - it is not stated anywhere.

If you don't have any luck finding the update utility PM me and I'll send it in your email, it's 3MB in size.

Guest drizze99
I have posted the Motorola Online Update utility several times in this thread and in other threads as well here in Modaco so I guess it will still be there if you search the forum a bit.

The latest firmware is 1.43 - even though you can download it from Motorola's server - it is not stated anywhere.

If you don't have any luck finding the update utility PM me and I'll send it in your email, it's 3MB in size.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The latest Cingular/AT&T firmware is 1.43, but ultimately the latest firmware available is GoTone 3.45 which does include WMP10.

Guest guilherme

hey, i'm from Brazil, and I want to upgrade my MPX220, can I do it online? Here we don't have Cingular and others...

help me please!

sorry for my poor english ;)

Guest Paraklas
The latest Cingular/AT&T firmware is 1.43, but ultimately the latest firmware available is GoTone 3.45 which does include WMP10.

GoTone is the chinese provider that supplies the 3.45 firmware. It has nothing to do with Cingular 1.43 Firmware although it's possible in the near future Cingular to relase a firmware with WM10

Guest Seth Cold
hey, i'm from Brazil, and I want to upgrade my MPX220, can I do it online? Here we don't have Cingular and others...

help me please!

sorry for my poor english ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

get the 1.43 from att it's got portugués brazileiro!!!

Guest batha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the answer. I have read through this entire thread, but I will check again. I will PM you if I have no luck.

Guest drew_e
I've read many posts on other web sites (i.e. howardforums) on how some people managed to put the 1.25 version on their phone. Some others posted info about 1.32 and 1.33 firmwares as well which supposely make a HUGE difference in the sound issue and mini sd card compatibility and they are by far superior compared to the Cingular 1.30 (1.030).

Someone here also placed a post that Motorola is planning for a new firmware release these days.

Can someone confirm, what are the plans for the new firmware? What shall we expect from motorola and/or cingular?

Cheers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess the firmware/OS problems may be a reason why Orange doesn't supply/support the MPX220 on its service. :?:

As the MPX220 has been around for nearly a year now, Motorola must be ready to introduce a new model with 2005 OS & may well dump the idea of MPX220 "upgrade" as no longer cost effective. :oops:

"You aint drunk if you can lay on the floor without holding on" .......... FRANK SINATRA

Edited by drew_e

Guest Paraklas

From the time I wrote that post.. 2 new Cingular Firmwares were introduced with 1.43 the latest which had MANY improvements and virtually solved all problems regarding this phone. In addition, Chinese operators have also introduced firmware with WM10. That's why don't see this as a reason for Orange not to supply the phone.

Regarding Windows Mobile 2005 that's another issue which I believe everyone would love to see happening. Windows mobile 5 have only been around for a few weeks and it should take some time for operators/manufacturers to completely adopt them.

Edited by Paraklas

Guest garyinthehouse
From the time I wrote that post.. 2 new Cingular Firmwares were introduced with 1.43 the latest which had MANY improvements and virtually solved all problems regarding this phone. In addition, Chinese operators have also introduced firmware with WM10. That's why don't see this as a reason for Orange not to supply the phone.

Regarding Windows Mobile 2005 that's another issue which I believe everyone would love to see happening. Windows mobile 5 have only been around for a few weeks and it should take some time for operators/manufacturers to completely adopt them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so of there are a lot of improvments, then when do they start rolling out this update for us users? Anyone know?

Guest Paraklas
so of there are a lot of improvments, then when do they start rolling out this update for us users? Anyone know?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean Windows Mobile 5? As far as I know, WM5 has not been tested on MPx220 and althouth it has leaked on the Internet in the form of .img file I would not reccomend messing with it. It would be better to wait until an official release comes out from Motorola regarding this update. When? Wish I knew ;)

Guest drizze99

WM5 is running on a MPx220, but only MS engineers have it. They even have it running on a MPx200 but an SD card is required. We (consumer) will never see a WM5 ROM for the MPx220 unless one leaks out into the net.

The leaked WM5 image that is floating around the net is a buggy beta release and it is for the PocketPC, NOT smartphone.

Guest Seth Cold
WM5 is running on a MPx220, but only MS engineers have it. They even have it running on a MPx200 but an SD card is required. We (consumer) will never see a WM5 ROM for the MPx220 unless one leaks out into the net.

The leaked WM5 image that is floating around the net is a buggy beta release and it is for the PocketPC, NOT smartphone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lets hope the chinese guys make that happen ;)

Guest nickp

I just purchased a black 220 from Cellz4Less on e-bay. It came with French owners manual and loaded with ROM ver 1.15.

Does anyone have any experience with this version and any thoughts on updating to the new 1.43 ??

Thanks in advance !!

Guest Paraklas
I just purchased a black 220 from Cellz4Less on e-bay. It came with French owners manual and loaded with ROM ver 1.15.

Does anyone have any experience with this version and any thoughts on updating to the new 1.43 ??

Thanks in advance !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Version 1.15 is quite old and I also believe it's the generic one. You can update to the new 1.43 which comes with cingular branding (you will have cingular logos on startup/shutdown). 1.43 also contains numerous bugfixes (better camera, louder volume, faster menus, better miniSD compatibility, etc) from previous ROMs so it would be a good idea to update.

Guest ghandlin

I was updating to 1.43 and a msg popped up that it was taking longer than expected so I cancelled it, now when I power up the phone I get this message:

MDSXL-4-3280.xl

Download incompletely

and can't get any further, hard reset (blue button while powering up, right?) does nothing.

Any help? I hope I didn't screw my phone. :cry:

Guest Paraklas
I was updating to 1.43 and a msg popped up that it was taking longer than expected so I cancelled it, now when I power up the phone I get this message:

MDSXL-4-3280.xl

Download incompletely

and can't get any further, hard reset (blue button while powering up, right?) does nothing.

Any help?  I hope I didn't screw my phone.  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should be the USB driver malfunctioning. Read the post

http://www.modaco.com/I_have_a_big_problem...0_-t207237.html

and you should find the answer in your problem. If your problem is not solved, there is always the offline upgrade procedure which is easier. e-mail me if you want further instructions ;)

Guest Hopper123

MPx220 - Does anyone know where on my PC the backup files are stored that are made at the beginning of the firmware upgrade process. They are not in C:\Program Files\Motorola or any subdirectory of that.

I upgraded my MPx220 to 1.43 about 2 weeks ago and then the next day my two replacement phones arrived from Cingular after waiting a month! (They were on backorder - Sorry - unstressing). Anyway I am trying to locate some pictures that might have been backed up as part of the firmware upgrade process.

Thanks.