MPx220 and Latest Firmware

Guest Paraklas

Guest Paraklas
MPx220 - Does anyone know where on my PC the backup files are stored that are made at the beginning of the firmware upgrade process.  They are not in C:\Program Files\Motorola or any subdirectory of that.

I upgraded my MPx220 to 1.43 about 2 weeks ago and then the next day my two replacement phones arrived from Cingular after waiting a month!  (They were on backorder - Sorry - unstressing).  Anyway I am trying to locate some pictures that might have been backed up as part of the firmware upgrade process.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try here (For Windows XP):

X:\Documents and Settings\<xp account username>\Local Settings\Temp\MPx220 System Update Wizard

Guest Hopper123
Try here (For Windows XP):

X:\Documents and Settings\<xp account username>\Local Settings\Temp\MPx220 System Update Wizard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're the man! Right where you said it would be. Unfortunately my pictures were not there. In fact all the folders were empty except the MPx220 System Update Wizard folder which had all the firmware files.

Guest cmewalk

im from australia and i bought my mpx220 in HK .. i hav the firmware 1.110.0.0

im not sure which firmware to update too since i dont fink the mpx220 is coming out in australia ....

ne help ?

Guest Paraklas

im not sure which firmware to update too since i dont fink the mpx220 is coming out in australia ....

ne help ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a very old firmware you have there. You can update to the latest 1.43 from Cingular although it is said that a newer ROM will be released around 16th of June.

Your choice ;)

Guest nickp

ne help ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a 220 which had 1.15 ROM installed. I just upgraded to the 3.45 version and all is well. No more delays when answering, volume issues, etc ... So far, so good.

Guest Paraklas
I have a 220 which had 1.15 ROM installed.  I just upgraded to the 3.45 version and all is well.  No more delays when answering, volume issues, etc ...  So far, so good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

..although fonts SUCK in that ROM

Guest djvinnyj

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just upgraded to 1.43 and I haven't noticed any improvement in the sound levels. Am I doing something wrong? This thing is still basically useless as a speakerphone and I can hardly hear the WAV ringtones I'm trying to use. And also, it still seems to have a delay when answering.

To clarify, I'm running OS Version:

4.21.1088 (Build 15101.1.3.2)

ROM Update versions:

Operator: 0.480.1003.0 (Cingular)

Manftr: 1.430.0.0

MS: 4.21.15101.0

Language: 0.210.0.0

File System: 4.21.15101.0

Any ideas? I don't have a mini-SD card in it yet, but maybe I need to get one?

And what makes the font suck exactly? It looks the same to me, but maybe I just can't see the difference. :??:

Thanks in advance!

Guest Paraklas
I just upgraded to 1.43 and I haven't noticed any improvement in the sound levels.  Am I doing something wrong?  This thing is still basically useless as a speakerphone and I can hardly hear the WAV ringtones I'm trying to use.  And also, it still seems to have a delay when answering.

To clarify, I'm running OS Version:

4.21.1088 (Build 15101.1.3.2)

ROM Update versions:

Operator: 0.480.1003.0 (Cingular)

Manftr: 1.430.0.0

MS: 4.21.15101.0

Language: 0.210.0.0

File System: 4.21.15101.0

Any ideas?  I don't have a mini-SD card in it yet, but maybe I need to get one?

And what makes the font suck exactly?  It looks the same to me, but maybe I just can't see the difference.    :??:

Thanks in advance!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically everyone say that the speaker has vast improvements from previous firmwares so I don't know what might be the issue with your phone.

And about the fonts, I was refering to the Asian 3.45 ROM. Too skiny:)

Guest Seth Cold
thanx for ur help guys ... does it matter that im not on cingular tho ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope ot doesnt matter... it's just branding

Guest djvinnyj
Basically everyone say that the speaker has vast improvements from previous firmwares so I don't know what might be the issue with your phone.

And about the fonts, I was refering to the Asian 3.45 ROM. Too skiny:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there another ROM I should try? Any ideas on how I can try to get this thing louder? As a Motorolan, its pretty frustrating that we produced what has seemed to me so far, pretty shoddy stuff. :evil:

Guest geogruven

Well, I've had it with Cingular and am considering switching to T-Mobile.

I will have to unlock my MPx220 to do so but was wondering.... should I unlock the phone before upgrading the ROM to 1.43 or after? I suspect it doesn't matter, but just wanted to be sure. (hate to pay to unlock it twice, especially after paying cingular the contract fee to say good bye forever)

Finally, is the 1.43 ROM Cingular branded or generic??

TIA,

g

Guest nickp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really do not mind the skinny font. Just a matter of preference I guess. It is still legible and the most important thing to me is that the phone seems more stable and with less bugs/qwuirks.

Guest Seth Cold
Did that yesterday night and worked like a charm!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep me too! thanx paraklas for awaring me ;)

thanx drizze... u're the man!