Orange to ditch Wildfire

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I can't believe it, it's a real person at the other end! I just had a message come through with a typo (thay instead of that)!

Does the Orange service still work where you divert your call to 07973 100124 instead of 07973 100123 and a real person takes the message and text's it to you?

If not, then they've got rid of that service too ;)

P

Guest TigerNet
I can't believe it, it's a real person at the other end! I just had a message come through with a typo (thay instead of that)!

Does the Orange service still work where you divert your call to 07973 100124 instead of 07973 100123 and a real person takes the message and text's it to you?

If not, then they've got rid of that service too ;)

P

Is that for Spinvox Paul? There's no person at the end (as far as I know), but the translation does depend somewhat on the callers clarity/ambient noise...it's not perfect, but I find it pretty good...

...on the time to get through, this is the same as all SMS messages - it is network dependent - if there is lots of traffic, it takes a bit longer...that's why I also have the e-mail option...check and balance!!!

...if anyone is interested in this, please let me know as I have been talking to them about becoming a reseller of the service...if there are enough of us who are interested, it may be worth it...of course at no additional cost to you lot!!!

Paul - should I start a separate thread on this??

Cheers

Nick

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yes, SpinVox... so i'm sure there's a person at the other end!

Anyone tried the Orange service?

I was thinking about approaching them for a Plus discount... ;)

P

Guest dazza12
Yes, SpinVox... so i'm sure there's a person at the other end!

I was thinking about approaching them for a Plus discount... ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you also approach them for comment on the Wildfire issue? It may be worth explaining to them the number of high value contract customers that are now upset.

Guest adjonline

I'd forgotten about that one (124). Tried it and not working for me either. Can't find anything online suggesting it finished.

Any ideas, anyone?? Would've been a plausible replacement for Wildfire.

Guest chucky.egg

The 07973100124 service (I think it was called Orange Messenger) ended quite a while ago.

I wonder how much longer we'll have our voicemail for, at this rate we'll be lucky to be able to make calls by the end of the year!

Guest TimeCom

It is a shame indeed that Orange is ditching all these services. I don't see why they are doing so when other providers are providing more. Isn't this the case of "one small step for mankind and a huge step backwards for Orange".

I find that Orange France is treating it's customers much better unlike we here in the UK. :cry:

• 1 month later...
Guest jtsaint

Shes gone. Personal assistant for five years - entertainment, users loved it apart from the old people who thought she was real.

"She sounds like my mother "

"Thats getting boring .... "

"Oh dear"

Very disappointed with the standard answering machine - having to listen to times and numbers before the message ! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

:twisted: :) :??:

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.