GADGETotW: Jabra BT800

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hkwong

just wondering about the handsfree profile. if anyone could go into their C500 or htc typhoon reg hkey_current_user>control panel>profiles and find the handsfree and post the reg for a c500 or htc typhoon. we can atleast try and make the adjustment to a profile that isn't used or just add to the reg

thanks HkWong

an addition to my post

ive got it.. to get your caller id to work you need to disable the "Cdial.exe" in your system tasks or download an app called BLUETUNES. it's an app that allows you to listen to you mp3 on your bt headset. it also allows you to hear any custom ringtone for that person.

this kinda also goes w/ being able to hear custom ringtones through your headset. question for paul if you read this. i know in your previous post you said your bt800 works w/ your caller id on your C500. right? also when people call if you have a custom ringer for that person do you hear it? and when you go through your menu or atleast phone options do you hear the clicking in your headset

i hope this post helps everyone out

Edited by hkwong

Guest AJCrowley

is there anyone using this headset with the M2000 ? any good ?

is there a headset profile which will mean i get my custom ringtone throught the bt800 ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest venomgames

@venomgames

Concerning your question about how many devices it can stay bonded with: well of course only one at the time, but you can store up to 10 devices in the memory, and you can select each of them within the menu. Further to that it will recognize what device you have nearby when you turn the headset on and it will then select that device. However i have not triede to have more than one device turned on to see what will happen if two devices is on and you turn on the headset...

PJ

OK, sounds a good enough level of support to me

Guest Paul MALCOLM
ive got it.. to get your caller id to work you need to disable the "Cdial.exe" in your system tasks or download an app called BLUETUNES. it's an app that allows you to listen to you mp3 on your bt headset. it also allows you to hear any custom ringtone for that person.

i hope this post helps everyone out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the BT800 headset do you know where I can find the BLUETUNES application. Thanks..

Guest jsppty

Has anyone used this Jabra headset with a Motorola MPX-220?

Do all the features work?

With the exception of voicedialing.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Guest zero_divide_1
Has anyone used this Jabra headset with a Motorola MPX-220?

Do all the features work?

With the exception of voicedialing.

Thanks,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got my BT800 and I have to admit it is a really cool headset. Although with my MPx220, the screen on the headset is relatively useless since the call list doesn't work with the MPx220. I'm currently thinking about a workaround, but I don't know if it can even be done. As for sound quality, its great. The DSP chip works really well, and now I can have my windows down in my car and still be able to hear and talk and be heard (no need turning on the AC and wasting precious gas just for a phone call). I also find the vibration function very useful since while I'm driving on a freeway you can feel the headset when a call comes in (when I had my BT200, I frequently missed calls because I couldn't hear it with my windows down). Overall, though some of the features don't work with the MPx220, its still a very nice headset to have.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jsnielsen
Here's the best thing of all about the headset... all these functions work correctly with the C500! All my previous headset experiences have been something of a disappointment, poor range, things not working as they should, missing features when used with the C500... but the BT800 works exactly as described... I was stunned when the caller ID was passed through correctly! :shock:

I have one of those. I bought it when it came out. I also tried it with the SPV C500. I had the exact same experience as with both Sony Ericsson and Nokia: Poor voice quality. My girlfriend said I sounded like I was standing in a tunnel or something.

I went out and bought the RAZR V3. The sound is crisp and clear with that phone. But only with that phone.

Plus, when using Caller ID with the RAZR V3, the phone not only passes the number to the display. Noooo no, it matches the number with your phonebook and displays the name in the display.

I would love to use it with the C500, but fact is, it's just not good enough (in my experience).

Can't wait for the new generations of smartphones to be released. Maybe the Motorola Q will do the trick for me :)

Guest jsnielsen
I didn't.

don't see why you'd need one either - it goes in a pocket quite nicely.

Mine has started to ignore the phone though when making a new outgoing call.  The phone connects and the "headset" icon goes live - but there's no sound from either the phone nor the headset - rather embarrasing really. ;)

Can't decide now if it's worth holding onto - the reception from phone to headset is truly awful and it's very susceptible to interference.

:(  I hate technology that overpromises and underdelivers. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This happens to me too. Sometimes it just goes dead. I then have to wait for about 5-10 seconds. Then I can turn it on again. It happens randomly.

If the thing you describe happens. I have to turn off the headset, wait 10 seconds, then turn it on again.

And yes, the reception is truly awful. On the C500 anyway. On the RAZR V3 it's just as it should be. My guess is, the Windows Mobile bluetooth implementation is crappy :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zero_divide_1

I just noticed something really strange - the call list sometimes works with my bt800 and then sometimes doesn't. I actually had a couple calls come in to my phone and my headset reports the number - but only for the first call I receive from that number. Then when I tell the headset to dial a number, it dials it, but it reports to the other phone that I am a private caller (I have "show id only to contacts") even when the number I selected from the headset is a number that is in my contacts list. Wierd...

• 3 months later...
Guest FragMeister

Earlier in the thread it mentioned that the headsets firmware can be upgraded using the usb charger cable.

There is now a BT800 Software Upgrade available. It has good instructions on the Jabra website, and does improve things - although to turn the headset off you now need to hold the "no" button down for 10 seconds, rather than 2 seconds as before. I have recently upgraded my MDA Compact (which now handles bluetooth much better than before) but it now the incoming call rings on the headset almost straight away, and not a few seconds after the phone starts to ring as before.

great news...have been waiting for this the last month were Jabra told me that an upgrade would be available. Thanks for the info :)

Edited by spider

• 1 month later...

So the Jabra is cappable to recieve incoming caller id's, very usefull,

even more usefull if your desktop PC can do that trick.

Anyone knows if that's possible?!

• 6 months later...
Guest jaswane

Hi

Does the Jabra BT800 fit well with the i-mate JAMin?? I need confimation from somebody that actually have tried this and can guarantee that it sowrks (caller ID on the LCD screen and so on). I haven't fogured out if the i-mate JAMin has the necessary "caller ID" function that's required.

Thanks for answers!