Truely Horrific Films

Guest Spanglimungus

Guest Jamma14

Ok, for me:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - just plain crap

The Phantom of the Opera - ultimate boredom

Latest 2 Star Wars - disappointing, new one looks better tho...mayb

The 2nd and 3rd Matrix films - so many holes in the stories, didn't live up to the original

28 Days Later - seriously what were they thinking?

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - not so extraordinary

Edited by Jamma14

Guest beersoft
"House of Wax" with Vincent Price ?

Classic Britsh horror, shirley ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, the nasty remake with paris 'slutwhore' hilton in

and i thought of a few more video nasties,

the saint, it was terible

any film with steve guttenburg in (including 3 men and police acadamy)

and not forgetting lawnmower man 2, the first one was bad, but this took the biscuit and crumbled it in your bed

later

Shirley

Guest Chaser81
Road Trip - Really, really really bad.  I'm crying a little now just thinking about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? I kinda liked it.... :oops:

Guest morpheus2702

Just goes to show you that one man's meat is another man's poison.

But how can you have anything against Slutwhores?

Mmmmm, slutwhores.... (Homer moment) ;)

Guest spacemonkey

Road Trip was good in my opinion and so were a few others on the list.

Often it seems to be the movies where people expected more but they didn't deliver that get really hated.

But there are some dire movies out there

I remember seeing a movie (can't remember the title) where they decided to form a team of crack commandos from Las Vegas showgirls... it was dire... it'd alternate between a scene of all the girls in the hot tub "debriefing" and then running around in camo gear being totally unconvincing... even though that might sound half good, trust me it wasn't.

I'm a big fan of movies that are so bad/cheesy that they are good. Think anything produced by Jerry Bruckheimer ;-)

Guest maxh2003

No-one complaining about The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, then? I thought this was the single most dismal thing I've seen in years and years. The pace is appalling, the dialogue has been screwed about with for no apparent reason, and the acting is truly desperate. Martin Freeman is wayyyy too blokey and not nearly confused and bewildered enough. The Arthur-Trillian love affair is spurious and trite. Marvin looks great but sounds... like Alan Rickman.

There are only a few good moments in the whole train-wreck, and they only serve to show just how good the thing could have been if they'd got it right. I can only agree with PlanetMagrathea.com :

This is a terrible, terrible film and it makes me want to weep.

The new radio series are vastly better, even the bits they've tweaked to make it more up-to-date - latest episode downloadable from here...

Guest Jamma14
No-one complaining about The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, then?  I thought this was the single most dismal thing I've seen in years and years.  The pace is appalling, the dialogue has been screwed about with for no apparent reason, and the acting is truly desperate.  Martin Freeman is wayyyy too blokey and not nearly confused and bewildered enough.  The Arthur-Trillian love affair is spurious and trite.  Marvin looks great but sounds... like Alan Rickman. 

There are only a few good moments in the whole train-wreck, and they only serve to show just how good the thing could have been if they'd got it right.  I can only agree with PlanetMagrathea.com :

The new radio series are vastly better, even the bits they've tweaked to make it more up-to-date - latest episode downloadable from here...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't seen it yet but I heard it wasn't that bad...

Marvin should look more like a classic robot though, I don't think he was meant to have a huge circular head, a big brain sure but it wasn't literally meaning he has a massive head :|

Guest beersoft

the guide wasn't 'that' bad

yep arthur was a bit not wet enough, zaphond had the wrong type of second head and trillian wasn't blonde but comparing it to say the remake of get carter it was bloody brilliant

/me makes a quick list of classic britflicks that the americans have ruined^Wremade

later

Owen

Guest Spanglimungus

Just remembered some other piss poor offerings:

Showgirls

Boomerang - eddie murphy should be severely punish for crimes against the romantic comedy genre, not funny, not romantic

Can't believe you defended road trip!

Is shocked and saddened ;)

Guest Pondrew
Can't remember the name of it, but some fairly recent British horror about some dopey tart stuck on the Underground and getting chased by a Deliverance-type inbred looney...

Made it about half way through, and then I figured I was happier to throw the £4 in the gutter than to sit through to the end

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with chucky, the underground film whose name neither of us can remember was pretty poor. Another film to avoid is Cabin Fever (DO NOT WATCH THIS - if you want an excellent horror/thriller check out 28 Days Later).

Rewatched Jackie Brown recently and really enjoyed it. Much more then when I saw it in the cinema.

Guest mike-oh

A late nomination, but Asteroid currently on C5 gets my vote!

It's one of those made for TV movies and is completely BS! ;)

Guest Skeese

japanese horror is the best.... them wierd demonic little girls with long black hair dressed in white gowns .. oo0o0o0o :shock:

Guest spacecowboy6982

Roadtrip, Dude, Where's My car, Jackie Brown - whats wrong with these films ;) !!!!!

Thunderbirds, Whitenoise, Alexander, Gone with the wind, to name but a few - I could be here for hours - all shocking !

Edited by spacecowboy6982