AT&T Audiovox SMT5600, Cingular ROM/Branding

Guest yankee516

Guest coyspiracy
Sorry folks, but I am currently at a loss.  I can't get the Cingular ROM to copy from my wife's phone.

If anyone else has some ideas, I'd love to hear them and give it a try.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

someone help this person out..the triangle is truly annoying..cmonn!!!

Guest jenya

Guys,

I have the cingular version... I need the detailed rom ripping info ASAP... the explanation on this forum is not fully working. Someone please respond to this thread...

someone help this person out..the triangle is truly annoying..cmonn!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest jenya

I am following the procedure.. I was able to do a backup of my Unlocked ATT phone, but when I try with Cingular locked phone. Here is what I get in Tera Term:

r2sd all

***** user area size = 0xF140000 Bytes

R2SDBackup() - Download type = 6

usTotalBlock = 1 sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

Load Binary NORMAL partition: data from DiskOnChip to RAM

Start to read bianry partition.

Read binary partition successfully.

Load Binary NORMAL partition: data from DiskOnChip to RAM

Start to read bianry partition.

Read binary partition successfully.

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

I'm not sure if this helps but this the thread I found about backing up your ROM. 

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=201334&hl=

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest unraaack

I have a question...How did you get your phone to stay on manual network selection? I know there is a registry hack, but what is it? thanks a bunch

Guest gbradberry

I'm OK with SIM unlocking my wife's Cingular phone, but she'll kill me if she gets that d**n triangle.

Will a hard reset lock the phone again? Thereby getting rid of any triangle, etc...

Guest gbradberry

Is there a way to reset the SIM lock after unlocking it? I mean, can you relock the phone some way? I know its a crazy question, but it would have its uses.

I just want to cover my bases before unlocking my wife's.

Guest gbradberry

apparently in Salt Lake City, unlocked 5600's will not work with Cingular's GPRS internet.

I have talked to several people who have them, and none of them work. It has something to do with there being no Cingular towers, only old ATT ones that have been changed over or something.

So, after unlocking my wife's phone and placing the Cingular ROM on mine, I would like to SIM lock them to Cingular to be safe.

Better safe than sorry.

Is it possible?

Guest DarkJedi

i've never heard of re-locking a phone after it's been unlocked. however i wouldn't see a problem as the phone is cingular, and the sim is cingular. the only issue would be if the phone is a different carrier, and the sim is different as well. just like u get the triange on the AT&T phone with a cingular sim.

Guest clemonator
apparently in Salt Lake City, unlocked 5600's will not work with Cingular's GPRS  internet.

I have talked to several people who have them, and none of them work.  It has something to do with there being no Cingular towers, only old ATT ones that have been changed over or something.

So, after unlocking my wife's phone and placing the Cingular ROM on mine, I would like to SIM lock them to Cingular to be safe.

Better safe than sorry.

Is it possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No wonder I couldn't use it when I was there in April. Madness. I don't bother with GPRS now just BT it (another thread, yes I know).

Guest unraaack

Again, I am sorry to put this here, but I still can't start a new thread. Does anyone know the registry hack to let me be able to keep my manual network selection. What happens is that I can go to my settings and select my network, but after about 6 minutes, even where I have perfect reception with that one network, it goes back to the one it usually stays on.

Guest DarkJedi
Okay Jedi be nice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry, i used to live in utah for a year and a half ;)

and unraaack, i leave my phone on manual all the time, no need for a reg hack. it only changes when i tell it to change.

Guest Cylon
i guess the mormo's are against cingular!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My unlocked (formerly ATT) SMT5600 w/Cingular sim works fine in the Salt Lake / Ogden area. I have the roaming icon, but I can get on the internet. I think it is using WAP vs GPRS (not knowledgeable enough to know). I would still like a cingular ROM to get rid of the triangle and make Cingular the default carrier. I must, however, maintain the ability to take this phone overseas with me.

Honestly, what I would really like is the default Audivox ROM that has no branding or proprietary "add ons."

Cylon

Edited by Cylon

Guest gbradberry

OK, I have success!!!! At least partially.

I copied the Cingular ROM from my wife's phone after unlocking it. No ill effects whatsoever.

I then managed to flash the Cingular ROM to my unlocked ATT 5600. Works great, and NO TRIANGLE!!!!

I still can't access the internet however!!!!! Oh well, I'll take that up with Cingular.

Guest jenya

Please share the wealth... I am dying for this update ;)

OK, I have success!!!!  At least partially.

I copied the Cingular ROM from my wife's phone after unlocking it.  No ill effects whatsoever.

I then managed to flash the Cingular ROM to my unlocked ATT 5600.  Works great, and NO TRIANGLE!!!!

I still can't access the internet however!!!!!  Oh well, I'll take that up with Cingular.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>