What is The King of Biscuits?

Guest James

Guest flyswat
As an accountant, may I just clarify that the legal challenge was over the VAT treatment of the said comestible.

It was held that Jaffa Cakes are in fact a cake, and therefore subject to VAT at the standard rate, which is currently 17.5%.

Biscuits are consdered to be Food and therefore are subject to VAT at the zero rate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not entirely accurate but the issue was VAT. Customs and Excise wanted them defined as biscuits not cakes. Although Cakes and most biscuits are both VAT zero rated, biscuits that have chocolate on are subject to VAT (this really is true), which is why customs & excise wanted them defined as biscuits in order to get VAT (typical!). McVities proved they are cakes by making a big jaffa cake thus showing it is clearly a cake not a biscuit.

Tut tut Mr accountant for getting it wrong ;)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh, I think fig rolls and bourbons are best.

Guest mike-oh

fig rolls would get some kind of vote off myself too. I really don't know what my fave is, though i did recently demolish a box of jaffa cakes in 5 mins ;) mmmmmm

Guest flyswat
fig rolls would get some kind of vote off myself too. I really don't know what my fave is, though i did recently demolish a box of jaffa cakes in 5 mins ;) mmmmmm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't recommend eating too many fig rolls in one go though.. ..not too good for the guts (or as the annoying Danone advert says - it helps the natural digestive transit!).

Guest flyswat

I cannot believe someone voted for rich tea biscuits (own up now who did it!?) - have you ever tried to dunk them in a mug of tea, you can't.

A biscuit is not a biscuit if you cannot dunk it.

:exclaim: :shock:

Edited by flyswat

Guest Disco Stu
Tut tut Mr accountant for getting it wrong  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm...I should spend less time on here and more time reading tax cases..................................NOT !!

;)

Guest Spanglimungus

I vote for bourbons too. Penguins are good too, but only if you bite the corners off and suck your tea through 'em, otherwise disappointing! Same with KitKats. Dark Chocolate digestives rock too.

Guest drblow
I vote for bourbons too.  Penguins are good too, but only if you bite the corners off and suck your tea through 'em, otherwise disappointing!  Same with KitKats.  Dark Chocolate digestives rock too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) Sucking tea through the penguin! :P Haven't done that for a while! ;) But I am demolishing a pack of dark choc digestives right now!!

Guest mike-oh
So what exactly are 'Party Rings' ?

Anyone care to post a picture...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're from the UK and you don't know?! :shock:

You sir should hang your head in shame!

;)

Guest chucky.egg

1) Bourbons

2) Fig Rolls

3) Those caramel bar things, dunno their real name. Like a Kitkat, but bigger and with caramel in

Guest chucky.egg

Just checked the cupboard and there's only half a pack of stale Rich Tea's in there!

Not happy!

You see where these polls lead to? Eh?

Guest agent.m

I voted for Hobnobs but for cookies smarties are de wickedest ting! 8) foxes classics sre nice too. ps what ever happened to cadburys chocolate shortcake?

Guest James
1) Bourbons

2) Fig Rolls

3) Those caramel bar things, dunno their real name.  Like a Kitkat, but bigger and with caramel in

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Called: 'Caramel Wafer biscuit'

YUM YUM!