TotW: Going Directly to an Account in Inbox

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest energ

i installed the tweak cab and the tryme zip (don't know why) then I just end up uninstalling the tweak cab file. But it's all dandy cos I have my sms inbox shortcut to my menu list.

Guest Pagemakers

I have several email accounts on my phone. Is it possible to create a link to go directly to a particular account, regardless of what tab is currently selected in inbox?

Guest GoBx

Hello,

Does anyone remember the initial value for that key ?

Because I used de cab way, I don't know it. And I'd like to go back : SecureInbox don't ask for password if I enter directly in the SMS box !

Thanks a lot

Guest chucky.egg
I have several email accounts on my phone.  Is it possible to create a link to go directly to a particular account, regardless of what tab is currently selected in inbox?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. You do it in exactly the same way...

If your mail account is listed as MyEmail in the Messaging app then you would use:

tmail.exe -service "MyEmail"

I think I've also found a way to have links to New message and specific accounts on a homescreen without using the Orange plugin... need to test the theory though.

Guest Pagemakers

Don't suppose we could have some sort of tweaky can file so we could input say 3 different email accounts to create shortcuts to?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi Pagemakers,

By that you mean to only have say Messaging and Media Messages? Yes that is possible.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc

post-12251-1118114901_thumb.jpg

ActiveSync is for Outlook Email. So rename the key (folder icon) to ActiveSyncX

post-12251-1118114974_thumb.jpg

I have also renamed IMAP4 to IMAP4X

post-12251-1118115095_thumb.jpg

After the renaming trick, you are expected to see only:

post-12251-1118115605_thumb.jpg

The untweaked phone shows... (only 3 services since screenshot was from a French ROM)

post-12251-1118115896_thumb.jpg

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
That's cool - worthy of a TotW on it's own I'd say!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks chucky! Will request P to have it on the TotW section. ;)

Guest chucky.egg

OK, anybody want to know how to create a new pre-written SMS?

If you're sending the same message to the same number a lot this can save your thumbs!

tmail.exe -service "Inbox" -to "mobile_no" -body "message_body"

Example:

tmail.exe -service "Inbox" -to "07788123456" -body "This is the text that will be sent"

The message, including the recipients and the text get put into a new message, but the message will not get automatically sent (I'm still trying to work out how/if you can send the message in the same action)

Don't forget:

- Include the quotes

- If you've done the "Friendly Name" tweak from a week or so ago change "Inbox" to "your_SMS_inbox_friendly_name" (mine is "SMS" for instance)

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Lets tweak some more... (MMS-related)

Assuming you (always ;) ) want to send an MMS message to 092012345678 with subject 'Test MMS' and message 'Hello World' plus a jpeg attachment '1.jpg' , then use the following code:

\Windows\tmail.exe  -transport "MMS" -to "092012345678" -subject "Test MMS" -body "Hello World" -attach "\Storage Card\My Documents\1.jpg"
And you should get... post-12251-1118174055_thumb.jpg Be sure you have the jpeg file '1.jpg' inside \Storage\My Documents'. This is just to show some parameters available for the inbox tweak such as:
-cc

-bcc

-transport

-to

-subject

-body

-attach

Im also hoping for a 'send' command :D

• 1 month later...
Guest flashsam

Hello, I have to say, these are the best tips ever for a smartphone. Been playing for ages now but still have one problem.

I am trying to hide the Outlook email and IMAP options which has been said that all i have to do is rename the folder to put an X at the end.

However (and i am using Mobile registry editor) i can't seem to rename the folder?

Am i missing something really obvious, have tried right clicking and also selecting the folder and pressing F2!

Please help.

Sam

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi flashsam. Welcome to MoDaCo Forum.

Can you tell us what phone you're using? If it is an Orange C500 then you can try having it app-unlocked first in order to change registry keys.

http://www.modaco.com/This_is_how_to_app_u...ne-t206929.html

You can also try renaming the keys using PHM Registry editor. Let us know how it goes. :)

Guest flashsam

Thanks,

I am using a C500 which is app-unlocked. The problem i had was renaming the key on the computer.

I have sorted it now using PHM and it all works fine.

Thanks.

Sam

Guest Esevenoo

Hi there!

This tweak is very usefull for me. Now I know that I have registred on the right server :) .

I wish all tweakers good time thinking about tweaks. :idea:

Esevenoo

• 2 months later...