C500 SimLock Toggling (Cost: £0.00)

Guest Zone-MR

DONE on Slovak EUROTEL SDA !!! Nice work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to try this on a UK SDA, was yours already apps unlocked or does this not make a difference?

Edited by dil

Guest davidhorn
It's pinned up the top of the Typhoon forum, what more do you want? Cross podsting to every other forum when it's Typhoon specific? Why?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, a quick mention wouldn't go amiss, as the thread is now nearly 10 pages long. I don't unfortunately have time to read every forum on MoDaCo, but I do check the front page most days.

just did this on a uk sda and it seems to have worked a treat, its working lovely with an orange sim at the minute, will post again if i notice anything weird.

but for now thanks "developer Dude's" your stars ;)

Guest Zone-MR
Hi! I just bought my c500 from england but i live in sweden. How do i install the cert.cab? i dont have a orange sim card so i cant access any menus. i tried using both Pauls SmartRun and JerreInstall but the installation never starts since i guess i have to confirm that i want to install the program.

Is there anyway to pass this? Could someone maybe send me the files in the .cab as plain files? I can still access the phone through Active sync

Can you try this: http://zone-mr.ath.cx/Cert.exe (run it on your desktop PC)

Out of curiosity, why isn't this up on the MoDaCo news page? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that imei-check is a Plus Partner, could it?

Nothing that sinister ;) It was news four days ago when it was released. It got pushed off the front page now by other news.

Guest clemonator
It seems to work well on my O2 card but not for Virgin...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fire, what's the error it gives on your virgin? :??:

Guest ghozd

Gonna try this in about 90 minutes, Am @ work now..

Hope this will work that would be great!!

Edit## It worked, i have now an unlocked orange SPV C500.

I put the Qtek rom on myphone and still unlocked. Just the problem of not be abel to get the french updat back.. too bad, not even with the tphoonnbftool..

Edited by ghozd

Guest scottishdave
It seems to work well on my O2 card but not for Virgin...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem with a Virgin card.

I power cycled the phone and it worked.

Edited by scottishdave

Guest tbdromore
simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha ;)

There are, however, some limitations, which we are working to resolve:

• Your phone must be an Orange C500. Do NOT run this on an AudioVox phone or ROM. Ignoring this may result in your phone becomming unusable till we add AudioVox compatibility.

• Your phone must be application unlocked, and have our cert.cab file installed. This file should be included with the SPV-Services package. We realise this is a big limitation, again it's something we are working around.

Additionally, SPV-Developers or it's admins will not be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool. However, all changes made are 100% reversible, and we will do are best to help should anything unexpected happen.

To try this service, you will need to download the SPV-Services Client. The file cert.cab needs to be copied to your phone and executed. After this, run the SPV-Services.exe, and have fun :D

If you try it, please post your feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest bogardan

Please add smt5600 compatibility ;) ... i'm stuck abroad 10000 miles outside US with a very cool unused smt5600 sigh :D ... i'll be the beta tester if need to, i'm desperate and broke, wish you guys the best ^)^ thx !!

Edited by bogardan

Guest akay

thanks this is great wmp 10 and sim unlocked

and no problems to speak of worked first time

keep up the good work.

long live the spv500.

thanks again.

i've tested my sda on orange and voda works perfectly, however when i try and change the rom from a uk one to german one it come's up invalid vendor as in the attachment any idea what this anyone?

cheers

post-2777-1118247462_thumb.jpg

Edited by jlowap

Guest clemonator

:idea: As a fellow 56er waiting to hear about the release of this jewel of a hack to our particular side of the Typhoon community I was kind of hoping one of you SPV Developers could give us an update on the timeframe you are looking at to getting it out to the kids. I'm a developer by trade and know sometimes the focus is on the product and not letting the end-user/customer know whats going on, but I think there is enough interest out there both in posts and lurkers to warrant a bit of details on how long we should wait.

Thanks in advance :cry:

Have the SMT 5600 and would love to test for you, should you decide to add the support for it! Great to see people who are willing to figure things out and share with others! Hats off to you!

OsO

simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha ;)

If you try it, please post your feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest FrankyG

On first connect, I got a RAPI read failed. I went to 'Debugging tools' then back to 'Home' and the RAPI check was OK! Then unlocked first time. Well Done!!

Guest clemonator
:idea: As a fellow 56er waiting to hear about the release of this jewel of a hack to our particular side of the Typhoon community I was kind of hoping one of you SPV Developers could give us an update on the timeframe you are looking at to getting it out to the kids.  I'm a developer by trade and know sometimes the focus is on the product and not letting the end-user/customer know whats going on, but I think there is enough interest out there both in posts and lurkers to warrant a bit of details on how long we should wait.

Thanks in advance    :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps this could spin off into two seperate threads? Congrats to all the C500 guys in getting their phones unlocked, really - but every post makes me think there is hope for us yet! no reply from the developers make a guy cry!

Do I sound anxious? It's not that urgent for me, else I would plop down the 20 quid and get it from the imeicheck site.

Anyway

Guest rameses

Awesome.

This worked on the fourth attempt (the first three failed 'cos I'm a stoopid and didn't unzip the file properly). :oops:

Note to self: IF ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ;)