Windows Mobile 2005 for MPx220

Guest poulidis

Guest Jamma14
Isn't the MPx220 is the fastest smartphone on the market?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, although it and the typhoon/feeler both have 200mhz processors, I believe it is slightly more powerful.

And @JBW: You mean the mpx200. :)

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Goattee
Is there any way to get that to work for the SMT5600 version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At this point I would be STUNNED if Motorola will ever be capable of delivering a decent ROM update. I was doggedly loyal to my MPx220 with all of its flaws. Then I installed 1.43. The phone started running down the battery like a Hummer consumes gasoline. No worse.

I ended up asking Cingular for a swap. The offer was for an Audiovox SMT5600 (HTC). Although I had to leave certain accessories behind, I am SO amazed at how this phone works smoothly. Email consistently arrives. Tweaks reliably reaches the time server to set the phone's time clock. I haven't had freezes or spontaneous reboots.

I wanted a clamshell design. But I now realize I was the victim of a dysfunctional product.

The MPx220 is still not ready for public use.

Guest poulidis

You are so wrong my friend. Maybe you had a disfunctional unit. I personally had no problems with my mpx220, no matter which rom I had. I now have chinese 3.45 feautering wmp 10, and it runs smooth as hell. That's why I am so anxious to get my hands on the wm5 for the mpx220.

Guest Pondrew
You are so wrong my friend. Maybe you had a disfunctional unit. I personally had no problems with my mpx220, no matter which rom I had. I now have chinese 3.45 feautering wmp 10, and it runs smooth as hell. That's why I am so anxious to get my hands on the wm5 for the mpx220.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you aren't the one with a dysfunctional unit? That doesn't sound normal for an MPX220! :twisted: :)

Guest poulidis

So really all of you have all these problems with the mpx220? I have had absolutely no problems with the whatsoever. No sudden reboots, no freezes and stuff and particularly with the 3.45 rom. Which one are you using?

Guest xda-rocks

I'm with poulidis here. No problems to report on my MPx220 with 3.45 - I love this phone! WM5 would be the icing on the cake.

Guest rand

I have seen the WM5 on the C500 and it is very nice, it took the person who showed it to me around a week to make most of the apps work, still a little sketch on camera though... but has made me want to wait for the new SPV with WM5 when it finally gets released.

Guest liam walsh
sorry to tell you this but... erm... well...

it has already been leaked. it took me about 5 minutes of searching to find the wm5 for the c500...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: see forum rules

Guest poulidis

I read a topic about wm5 being available in French for the mpx220, but the link was removed. Does anyone know anything about it?

Guest awarner [MVP]
when will the update be released officially?

Unfortunately it's unlikely to ever be released as it will more than likely be released on new devices rather than soon to be obsolete ones.

Guest MadSci
Different method, but the principal is still the same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still have my "old" MPx200 lying around. Does the underhorsed processor actually become any more effective running WM2005?

Guest poulidis

I found a greek site about smartphones, and there is a guy there that syas that he has a friend who has a friend etc, who has the wm5 rom for the mpx220. That friend is supposed to work at motorola.

If I have any news on this subject, you will be the first to know.

That's all for now.

Guest vijovame
Is there any way to get that to work for the SMT5600 version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, in other forum ... is old news the c500/SMT5600 5.0 rom...Go there, do a search!!!! :)

Edited by vijovame

• 5 weeks later...
Guest roma0803
Any news on the subject? Anyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is more than a rumour that there is a WM5 ROM for the MPx220 since WM5 has been demonstrated on it. More and more rumours appear that that ROM is available "somewhere official". Question is what version of the ROM that would be, an early beta for presentation purposes could do more harm than good, and when it will leak to the Internet.

Guest poulidis

I am pretty sure that even if it is like you say a beta, somewhere on the other side of the world (China that is) there will be a good friend of ours, that will know how and have the time to make a decent rom out of it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kingraf01

Everything I've seen as far as WM5 for the MPX's has only been for the 200, not the 220.

I haven't heard anything new and I've been looking all weekend for this so called 'leaked' WM5. I wanted to loaded on my MPX200 which is just for back up anyways and see how it would work.

Still watching and waiting for WM5 but for now I'm still happy with my MPX220, I don't see how any other's can complain about it. Yes I 've had my freeze ups and stuff but when people try showing off their phones I still pull out mine and everyone bows down to the MPX220. Just my 2 cent's.