Remove certification requirement from the SPV (continued)

Guest Rob_Quads

Guest DancingMatt

IF...

you remove the certification requirement, but do the sensible and responsible thing (to others as well as yourself) by adding your own certificate... can Orange update your phone?

Probably.

More importantly, do they have to firstly pay you for certification to run their update on your phone??!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;) :lol: :lol: :D :D

Oh I crack me up...

DM

P

when trying the fix for the cert mod and putting the phone back in the cradle (after a hard reset)

as i thought

even with the active sync open..

it needs a new parnership do i cancel and sign on as guest, or have i missed summit....???? :roll:

kmon????

Guest Paul [MVP]

Pac Man has expired ;)

Sorry Matt but yes, they can still update your phone!

I have removed everything suspicious looking from the startup folder, (OrangeSupport, ColdInit etc...) in the hope this will help...

P

Guest Jakster

conspiracy theory time.......

Wonder how many laughing Sendo people there are out there with more info on this loophole than they care to let on ?????

If ya catch my drift.

:twisted:

Guest DancingMatt

But it's my phone, I've paid for it. I can do what I like with it. If they want to change my phone, they have to go through my certification process. No different to what they're doing for developers. It's identical to MS coming round and going sorry, that functionality in WIN XP where you can install things? We know you bought it, but we're taking that out.

Alright, it's not quite the same... :wink:

Anyway, I'm perfectly reasonable. The fee is just 27 Dark Terry's Chocolate Oranges. And a toothbrush. ;) Or an Orange certfied J2ME program that will freely run any J2ME software.

Or, scrap all this and just remove 1st level certification. No one wants viruses on their phone, we just want to play games!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

DancingMatt: You don't "buy" winXP, merely a license to run it. The actual software remoains the property of MS. A similar but subtly different senerio to Orange certification

Paul,

when trying the fix for the cert mod and putting the phone back in the cradle (after a hard reset)

as i thought

even with the active sync open & all the partnerships removed..

it needs a new parnership (and thus a new sync window?) do i cancel and sign on as guest, or have i missed summit....????

kmon????

Guest awarner [MVP]
mxicold_oem10.provxml and mxi_oem10.provxml

Is it just me but i can't find these files at all. Help :cry:

It's mxipcold and mxip_oem

Some confusion here as thats the names of the files I altered.

Have fun ;)

goto START

goto control panel

goto folder options

goto veiw

change 'show all hidden files'

should be able to see them all now...

kmon..

hope this helps. :arrow:

Guest toadvox

I managed to unlock my phone yesterday and installed some apps on it, which did show up and run, but didnt quite work right. When I tried to put some of the stuff on you guys are using like Reg Edit, it just didnt install. It said it was installing, but nothing appeared on the phone..... Any ideas??

I have flowed the instructions for the removel of certification requirement from the SPV, but i'am not sure if it works, can anyone tell me what progam i can use to test to see if it has worked.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jimdickin

cant unlock the phone, seem to be stalling when copying the xml files across because my computer is asking me to sort a new partnership for the activesync. Have read all the posts but cannot find a definitive time when to copy the files across ie after all the files have come up from the current activesync?

sorry for all those first time unlockers- I am getting frustrated!!

Thank you all in advance

Jim Dickin

Guest awarner [MVP]

in one word yes :)

One thing to try is I had my window showing the top level

folders IPSM, Windows, Storage card etc,

and I found that the screen loaded up quicker than having the window's folder open.

So when all the folders have been refreshed by activsync then paste the files in the windows folder.

This worked best for me.

Have fun