Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest jonhitch

Dade - how are you getting on with the review? Really looking forward to it!

With this bug you mention - do you see this as something Orange should be able to fix. Do you think this is a critical problem?

Guest Dade

With this bug you mention - do you see this as something Orange should be able to fix. Do you think this is a critical problem?

Im not finding time to do a review at the moment. I would think that reading through this thread will answer most questions.

Im sure the bug (if it actually is one) could be fixed by a rom update. We have seen this before on earlier SPV devices and rom updates did the trick. Its not a critical problem, just a bit of a pain. It wouldnt stop me using this as my main device.

Guest confused and hungover
It wouldnt stop me using this as my main device.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not at all, i'm not actally finding much use for the C500 now... other than a very expensive MP3 player :shock:

Guest Behold

Ok I just got a call back from orange and have got infomation.

This is a response from marketing and i asked them is this just poss or can i hold you to this and i was told

The SPV M500 is Deffinatly being released across the board including Domestic customers. all training is in progress and the release date is still not decided due to finalising the phone for release. it will be out tho within a month from now but morelikely a few weeks.

No date can be given as one is not yet decided.

Hope this perks up a few and lets hope by august we can all post a pick so dade doesn't feel so special!!!!!

PS. Dade what batt life you getting? Good days worth day and half? with what use?

Thanks

Guest MitchellO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should look for a review on one of the other HTC Magician devices. They are all the same except for the included operators software, and the M500s new look.

Guest pisquee

There seems to be a bit of confusion over the release. Please remember that there is a difference between large business (corporate) accounts and small business accounts, the latter being more similar to personal. The M500 is currently only available to corporate and not small business account.

Guest soup dragon
The M500 is currently only available to corporate and not small business account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep I'll go along with that. I spoke to a coprorate CS girl this morning and she said that she had stock, but when I was passed over to a small/medium business CS girl (I only rate as a small business :) ) I was told that it was only for corporate business with no firm plans to release it to anybody else. The phone was in review though which in theory means that it will be realesed sometime 'in the near furure'

:evil:

Guest NikLP
Besides, in three months time we'll all have new handsets to play with.

We will? What would that be then? I'm not getting an M500 if in three months it's out of date. We can't all get new phone on a weekly basis y'know!

Guest Dade
We will? What would that be then? I'm not getting an M500 if in three months it's out of date. We can't all get new phone on a weekly basis y'know!

Just speculation!

Guest confused and hungover

what i don't understand it that it's been available here in holland to EVERYONE for well over a month... maybe someone should ask orange UK why this is the case??!?

Guest Dade

Hi all, I've just started a new group-buy offer for JavoEdge screen protectors for the M500 (iMate JAM etc.)

Details of the group-buy are HERE

For those of you not familiar with the JavoScreen protectors they are top quality, easy fit and have an anti-glare finish.

Get em while they're HOT! :)

Guest sleighty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look here to see why M500 will be out of date in three months....http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4009.html

Of course I still want an M500 if only O could be persuaded to part with one, but maybe, just maybe, O will want to push 3G so much that yhere will be good deals worth waiting another month or two.

Guest MitchellO

Thats a device I could live with being bigger than my Mini. The Universal just has soooo much. I Really like the VGA, keyboard and WiFi in addition to the phone.

And it looks sooo cool too! This is like the best flip and twist PDA since the Sony NX series!

Guest Dade
Thats a device I could live with being bigger than my Mini. The Universal just has soooo much. I Really like the VGA, keyboard and WiFi in addition to the phone.

And it looks sooo cool too! This is like the best flip and twist PDA since the Sony NX series!

But its such a heft in the hand, reminds me of the old Nokia Communicators.

I agree that the VGA is sweet though - I played a VGA M2000 a while ago - that was sweet!

Hi all, I've just started a new group-buy offer for JavoEdge screen protectors for the M500 (iMate JAM etc.)

Details of the group-buy are HERE

For those of you not familiar with the JavoScreen protectors they are top quality, easy fit and have an anti-glare finish.

Get em while they're HOT! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I could lay my grubby lil' mits on an M500, then I would "get em while they're HOT!" :D

Guest Pondrew
I agree that the VGA is sweet though - I played a VGA M2000 a while ago - that was sweet!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What, an SPV M2000 with VGA? Wha? I'd have thought I'd have heard about that. Can you give any more info Dade?

Guest MitchellO
But its such a heft in the hand, reminds me of the old Nokia Communicators.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A VGA M2000? The M2000 is QVGA.

htcuniversal14pt.th.jpg

It really doesn't look that big, and the size is a small compromise considering whats under the hood (or display in this case :) )

Edited by MitchellO

Guest Dade
A VGA M2000? The M2000 is QVGA.

htcuniversal14pt.th.jpg

It really doesn't look that big, and the size is a small compromise considering whats under the hood (or display in this case :) )

I know the M2000 is normally QVGA but Ive used one that is VGA, ok so its not specifically an M2000 but its that style of device.

Im asking permission to post images.

If you think the Universal is not that big I'd hate to see your definition of a big phone! :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.