Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest NikLP

Yeah it's pretty big by the looks!

Also it will cost a frickin fortune when it comes out....

Just give us the damn M500 already...

Guest Pondrew
I know the M2000 is normally QVGA but Ive used one that is VGA, ok so its not specifically an M2000 but its that style of device.

Im asking permission to post images.

If you think the Universal is not that big I'd hate to see your definition of a big phone! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look forward to hearing more if you can tell it. Never heard of a VGA Blue Angel before...

With regards the size, the same applies as ever, if you want a small phone you get a Smartphone...

With regards the size, the same applies as ever, if you want a small phone you get a Smartphone...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or an M500 :)

(that's if orange ever release it...)

Guest shakey68
Just told by OSPS that M500 stock should be in at the start of next week...

EDIT:  Pffft.... stop rubbing our noses in it Dade! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well after gettin back in touch with OSPS, they're now quoting stock/delivery for Monday so at least we're starting to hear the same things!!! Still wish they hadn't given me the run around though. It would have been better if they'd just told the truth in the first place. If indeed Monday is the truth, I'm not holding my breath

I want my FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE! :cry:

Well after gettin back in touch with OSPS, they're now quoting stock/delivery for Monday so at least we're starting to hear the same things!!! Still wish they hadn't given me the run around though. It would have been better if they'd just told the truth in the first place. If indeed Monday is the truth, I'm not holding my breath

I want my FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL Shakey - I was told last night that stock was expected in about two weeks!

However, just phoned up again and the nice lady I spoke to this time told me that stock was expected at the beginnnig of next week and that if they come in on Monday/Tuesday that I could expect delivery on Wednesday/Thursday of next week!

Wooohhoooo - some consistency there - party on!

\o/

o//

\o/

\\o

\o/

Guest MitchellO
or an M500  :)

(that's if orange ever release it...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, with the M500 and other Magician variants available, there is no reason to get a smartphone anymore, until they get smaller! :D

I bought an iMate Smartphone (HTC Tanager) and it was thicker and longer than my Mini. Not wider, but the width wasn't an aweful lot more!!

Guest jonhitch

Agreed! Size and functionality for the HTC Magician is great. The only problem is the lack of a keypad - that will still put many people off.

Guest MitchellO

I have not found a situation yet where I have missed the number pad. The T9 text input works great for MSN/SMS, and the onscreen dialer rarely gets used because of the easy-to-use speed dial (just press the down button!).

Guest jonhitch

Excellent. Can't wait for the M500 to be released in the UK. Had a play with the T-Mobile MDA recently and was really impressed. Just holding out to get the Orange version!

Guest soup dragon

Just been told by my local orange shop that they expect the launch of the C550 AND the M500 to coincide.

They are expecting them end of next week or early the week after.

Surely not????? Here's hoping :)

Guest confused and hungover
Just been told by my local orange shop that they expect the launch of the C550 AND the M500 to coincide.

They are expecting them end of next week or early the week after.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sweet! i hope they come out with the 550 in holland as fast as they did with the M500

Edit: all we're getting at the moment is this page with 'binnenkort' or coming soon...

post-112518-1120813732_thumb.jpg

Edited by confused and hungover

Guest MitchellO

The C550 looks too big considering what the Magician (what a perfect name for a device like this :)) can do in almost the same size.

t-mobilesda-music2.jpg

Yes, thats not the C550, but its the same, just another brand name on it. The M500 and all other Magicians just kick these Smartphones.

i think dade actually comes from the future and is secretly controling all MS powered phones

Guest mbeattie

I can have th C550 at my door tomorrow if i order it off orange today but i want to hold out for the M500.

Which one out of the 2 will guys most likely buy

I have read reviews of the Imate jame and the camera is apparently awful. does anyone know what the quality of the c550 camera is like and the m500

here is a very arty picture i just took with my M500. i call it "speaker, and a can of coke"

post-112518-1120828870_thumb.jpg

Guest jonhitch

I'll be getting the M500 - don't see the point of smartphones when you can get a proper PDA in such a small package.

Cameras don't bother me either. I'd like a phone and PDA in one. If I'd like to take some photos (rarely) then I'll bring my camera. It will be a while before the quality of any PC phone camera (and functions) reach those of current digital cameras.

here's a "night mode" shot from last nights coldplay concert, taken from about 50 meters away... enlarged a bit but you get the idea

post-112518-1120831493.jpg

Guest ClintEastman

Well i have just spoken to Updates, and guess what, the M500 IS business only for the foreseeable future (E.G. not out for at least 3 months).

Please somebody tell me there wrong otherwise ill be on to cancellations.

Please somebody fill me in as it's past a joke now. :x

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.