Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest I. C. Monsters
I GOT IT!! It got delivered before lunch today, quite impressed with it so far. Its sooo much better build than my p900, which used to creak and rattle after a week.

This seems solid, the only thing that feels like it hasnt been milled from a block of alloy is the volume slider on the side. Its pretty loose. :D

Just getting used to windows now, very different feel to the device, as its my first ppc.

Dont worry guys, i expect yours will be with you soon. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn you Jim. Now I am jealous of you, and annoyed with Orange. They still don't know what's going on. They do say that I'm not the only one who hasn't received a delivery as promised. Maybe tomorrow eh? :shock:

Guest RazorD
...Maybe tomorrow eh?  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:roll:

EDIT: I blame your tempting fate in the "Device:" section of your profile! Thats why i didn't do it :)

Edited by RazorD

Guest Jim81
When did you order? Now im really getting annoyed, cause at least one person who ordered *AFTER* me had it delivered today, so why the hell hasnt mine left them yet. GRRR.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When did you order yours? :cry:

Guest I. C. Monsters
:roll:

EDIT: I blame your tempting fate in the "Device:" section of your profile! Thats why i didn't do it :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not any longer! I must be a sucker, I believed those muppets. :oops:

Guest RazorD

Okies, i had better luck with the evening team :)

The guy said "Its showing as in transit, but it doesnt have a consignment number yet", thats in parcellines system :D

Guest sleighty

I've decided that all phone lines to Orange, and all Orange shop doorways are in fact portals to the Orange Multiverse.

No two portals connect to the same part, each one opens into its own parallel world where life exists on a completely different plane to every other.

I entered one such world today. "can I get an upgrade to an M500?"

"It hasn't been released yet" - Orange shop, Bolton.

Rang 345 this evening - " its still under review",

Is it me? :|

Guest RazorD

And, here starts another day of waiting/listening for every noise outside which might possibly be a delivery truck :)

EDIT: OMG!! Using the reference they gave me and my postcode...

Consignment Details

*consignment number* 19 Jul 2005 *my ref* Next Day 1 SN3 On vehicle for delivery, using Saturn

Tracking History

Date Time Location No of Parcels Status

21 Jul 2005 07:42 Newbury 1 On vehicle for delivery, using Saturn

21 Jul 2005 01:48 Newbury 1 Security check

20 Jul 2005 Rushden 1 Collected from sender

20 Jul 2005 19:05 Birmingham Hub 1 Confirmed On Trailer

20 Jul 2005 18:58 Birmingham Hub 1 Forwarded to Newbury

20 Jul 2005 08:52 Rushden 1 Security check

Edited by RazorD

Guest musicvan

First post, thought I would add my views on Orange after trying to get an M500! Ordered Monday after several weeks of complaining about a C500 I got which then turned into a dust collector (buts that another story).

Phoned Tuesday to confirm order and delivery date, no problem sir the phone will be delivered Thursday morning. Phoned this morning (0730) to check delivery method and time,

orange: yes that will be delivered friday morning

me: I was told thursday

orange: problem with dispatch, always within 2 days

me: ok so I will get the m500 friday

orange: yes

me: just to confirm delivery friday

orange: yes, your v500 will be delivered friday

me: sorry, v500, I ordered an m500 an spv m500

orange: oh yes we had an error on the website so everybody who ordered then is getting an motorola v500

me: what!!!!, I ordered an m500, I have an email confirming an m500, I rang tuesday to confirm, now I get told that orange have made a mistake!!!

orange: yes, but we will replace it if you accept it from the courier, send it back and we will send another one out in a fews days

me: so I have to wait for a courier, then accept the wrong goods, then at my expense send it back, then wait another several days before I receive what I ordered!!!!

orange: yes, is that a problem

me: yes, I will reject the goods from the courier, orange can then send a replacement today

orange: sorry its not our problem after dispatch

me: can I speak to someone that can make a decision

orange: its too early, phone back after 1000

me: goodbye :twisted:

Sorry for the rant but it seems the customer is always wrong with Orange! Maybe if they spent some of the money from their ads internally on business management processes they might improve, but for most companies these days it shareholders first and customers second! :twisted:

Guest RazorD
First post, thought I would add my views on Orange after trying to get an M500! Ordered Monday after several weeks of complaining about a C500 I got which then turned into a dust collector (buts that another story).

Phoned Tuesday to confirm order and delivery date, no problem sir the phone will be delivered Thursday morning. Phoned this morning (0730) to check delivery method and time,

orange: yes that will be delivered friday morning

me: I was told thursday

orange: problem with dispatch, always within 2 days

me: ok so I will get the m500 friday

orange: yes

me: just to confirm delivery friday

orange: yes, your v500 will be delivered friday

me: sorry, v500, I ordered an m500 an spv m500

orange: oh yes we had an error on the website so everybody who ordered then is getting an motorola v500

me: what!!!!, I ordered an m500, I have an email confirming an m500, I rang tuesday to confirm, now I get told that orange have made a mistake!!!

orange: yes, but we will replace it if you accept it from the courier, send it back and we will send another one out in a fews days

me: so I have to wait for a courier, then accept the wrong goods, then at my expense send it back, then wait another several days before I receive what I ordered!!!!

orange: yes, is that a problem

me: yes, I will reject the goods from the courier, orange can then send a replacement today

orange: sorry its not our problem after dispatch

me: can I speak to someone that can make a decision

orange: its too early, phone back after 1000

me: goodbye  :twisted:

Sorry for the rant but it seems the customer is always wrong with Orange! Maybe if they spent some of the money from their ads internally on business management processes they might improve, but for most companies these days it shareholders first and customers second!  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe i shouldn't be too hopeful about mine arriving... But, the woman did repeatedly say "M500" on the phone yesterday when i rung up, "Can i get a consignment number for my upgrade please?"; "Thats the SPV M500, Sir?".

Oh! And Edit: Welcome to MoDaCo, Sorry its not under better circumstances :)

Edited by RazorD

Guest RazorD
That really is spectacular musicvan.  I almost feel I should congratulate Orange on that one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, i think 50% of the excitment of waiting for this delivery truck is that i wont need to keep dealing with the monkeys...

Edited by RazorD

Guest musicvan

After that rant I feel much better, but still no phone! I should have known after trying to resolve issue several years ago with the old spv, after many hours letter writing to orange and not getting anywhere it was off to ebay to offload phone and get a treo. Recently got an C500 after good reviews but the display filled up with dust after a week so I thought I would risk an m500 but I was wrong!

Guest RazorD
After that rant I feel much better, but still no phone! I should have known after trying to resolve issue several years ago with the old spv, after many hours letter writing to orange and not getting anywhere it was off to ebay to offload phone and get a treo. Recently got an C500 after good reviews but the display filled up with dust after a week so I thought I would risk an m500 but I was wrong!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only joined orange on the 17th August 2004, and for some reason i'm getting better deals than those of you who've been there 10 years. I guess they dont look at that kinda thing, or how much you spend on the bill, obviously. I'm on a £30 plan, and i dont spend much more than that (£5 care, £4 data.. maybe the occassional few quid data extra - though, saying that, it was 12MB over this month).

Guest RazorD

Its HERE :)

Edit: Gorgeous Little Thing, if you've been tempted to get it, then i really recommend it. its lovely!

Edited by RazorD

Guest I. C. Monsters
Its HERE :D

Edit: Gorgeous Little Thing, if you've been tempted to get it, then i really recommend it. its lovely!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where's mine??? :D

I'm happy for you Raz, but come on, are you sure the one you have wasn't meant for me? :)

I'm reluctant to call Orange again, I think I'd rather just wait it out.

Guest chrisbpr

i remeber that a while back in the forum someone said that they were going to get someone from orange to look at this thread.....did this happen ?????

Guest RazorD
Where's mine???  :lol:

I'm happy for you Raz, but come on, are you sure the one you have wasn't meant for me?  :)

I'm reluctant to call Orange again, I think I'd rather just wait it out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who knows :D

If you call them, ask for the consignment number, they don't mind and then you'll be able to trace it with Parcel Line :D

Guest zippy172
i remeber that a while back in the forum someone said that they were going to get someone from orange to look at this thread.....did this happen ?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously not...judging on half the moaning and groaning going on...

Guest RazorD

Just waiting for orange to do the 24-hour upgrade thing where it all moves over. I'm kinda confused though... If you have the phone 'off', does it still ring?

If not, and you leave it on, the battery says it'll be 4 hours? Surely its not that short, unless its not fully charged even if it says it is?

Also, what are the chances of: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119244 fitting the M500?

Final question, with the C500 car charger work on the M500?

Edited by RazorD

Just waiting for orange to do the 24-hour upgrade thing where it all moves over. I'm kinda confused though... If you have the phone 'off', does it still ring?

If not, and you leave it on, the battery says it'll be 4 hours? Surely its not that short, unless its not fully charged even if it says it is?

Also, what are the chances of: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119244 fitting the M500?

Final question, with the C500 car charger work on the M500?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Car charger should be ok as my c500 pc cable works the same for my m500. I agree about the switching off business. Do we really have to faff around putting it in "flight mode" every time to switch it off. The manual has instructions for switching off both pda and phone but they both result in the phone still ringing regardless!?

Guest Behold

ITS HERE!!!!

I love this phone... soo small..... the p900 looks clumbsy with its sticky out bits!!!

soo nice. clearer screen than the m2000's we have at work.... love it.....

just to get it all sorted with contacts and stuff!!!! YAY... and it looks like its come free...... need to check this.... cool!!!!!

hope all the others turn up....

Guest allydent

Well after receiving a V500 instead, I called and kicked up a fuss. So now I get the phone for free on upgrade, with the student package I wanted. Best I could have hoped for in the beginning, just sorry it took this long.

Fingers crossed for arrival tomorrow...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.