Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest digger

It's time like this that makes me glad that I'm still a month away from upgrade.

Maybe they will have got their act together by then.

Guest tuggster

Don't know whether to feel relieved that I'm not the only one whose suffering from the M500/V500 screw up or even more annoyed at Orange's incompetence. Phone call to OCS today relieved that no, they hadn't recieved my returned phone but it would take a couple of days to process. So IF they have it tomorrow my M500 will be with me next Tuesday... Asked as seeing as this was all their fault if they could perhaps dispacth the M500 for me now, but was greeted by a no we have to process the return first - fair enough but still :x

So ordered on Friday, misdelivered on Tuesday and then a week more (if I'm lucky) to wait for the correct phone - not a happy camper at all!

Oh RazorD, saw from a previous post your off to Aberystwyth in September - just finished my first year there, what course you going to do? (Also guess your in Newbury from your delivery history you posted... which is where I live too - bit of a coincidence I thought.)

Guest RazorD
Don't know whether to feel relieved that I'm not the only one whose suffering from the M500/V500 screw up or even more annoyed at Orange's incompetence. Phone call to OCS today relieved that no, they hadn't recieved my returned phone but it would take a couple of days to process. So IF they have it tomorrow my M500 will be with me next Tuesday... Asked as seeing as this was all their fault if they could perhaps dispacth the M500 for me now, but was greeted by a no we have to process the return first - fair enough but still :x

So ordered on Friday, misdelivered on Tuesday and then a week more (if I'm lucky) to wait for the correct phone - not a happy camper at all!

Oh RazorD, saw from a previous post your off to Aberystwyth in September - just finished my first year there, what course you going to do? (Also guess your in Newbury from your delivery history you posted... which is where I live too - bit of a coincidence I thought.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going into year 2 of internet engineering! I'm actually from Swindon, just down to road from newbury. :)

Lovin' the M500... Writing this post from it now! it rocks for watching big brother live... :D

Guest Behold

only issue so far is the earpiece is quiet..... thats all so far....

the keypad fast and responsive the tmobile one i used wasn't i thake it a upgrad of rom has cured this..

Guest zippy172
It's time like this that makes me glad that I'm still a month away from upgrade.

Maybe they will have got their act together by then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto !

Although, for a laugh, I might try and extract the urine 1 day into my last month and tell O I'm off to T-Mob (like so many others have)...

Guest awalsh
Just waiting for orange to do the 24-hour upgrade thing where it all moves over. I'm kinda confused though... If you have the phone 'off', does it still ring?

If not, and you leave it on, the battery says it'll be 4 hours? Surely its not that short, unless its not fully charged even if it says it is?

Also, what are the chances of: http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119244 fitting the M500?

Final question, with the C500 car charger work on the M500?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mobilefun.co.uk have the same desktop charger, and they show it as compatible with the M500, so I guess if its not you have some comeback with them!

Guest Flash

Spoke to Orange this morning about upgrading to an M500

ORANGE: Good morning Sir

ME: Errr.. hello. My contract ends today and I want to upgrade to...

ORANGE: An M500 Sir. Yes, they're all doing it at the moment.

ME: Errr.. yes, that's the one. But what is the...

ORANGE: Price, Sir?! To you nothing. We value you highly as a customer, so the phone will be free. We will also throw in some extra minutes and text messages on top of your current price plan. These, of course, won't cost you anything more. Anything else I can help you with Sir?

ME: Wow! Err.. is it in...

ORANGE: It is being processed as we speak Sir - you will receive it in about two hours. Is this ok?

ME: Sorry, did you say 'two' hours...?

ORANGE: Yes Sir. Oh, is that not fast enough. We could push for 90 minutes if you prefer.

ME: Err.. no.. two hours in fine. Thank you.

ORANGE: No, thank YOU Sir. Enjoy the rest of your day. Oh, and please tell everybody about the quality of service you receive from Orange.

ME: I Will!

ORANGE: Goodbye

ME: Goodbye!

AND then, of course, I woke up! Did manage to upgrade my phone though - cost me ÂŁ9.99! Hardly worth the paperwork for Orange is it? Still, I've kept the same number and price plan which is what I wanted. So an M500 for ÂŁ9.99 and coming tomorrow.

However having read the most recent posts, I'm not going to hold my breath!

Edited by Flash

Guest awalsh

Has anybody who has ordered from onestop had their phone despatched/delivered, I've had it on order for 3 weeks and keep being fobbed off.

I ordered from Mobileshop on Tuesday and it was despatched today. I would have preferred the onestop deal as financially it was better, but they do seem to be a bunch of muppets!

Guest RazorD

Got tomtom navigator going well with it (SOOO much better than the tiny mobile screen :)), Gunna pop to town tomorrow, see if i can get a decent car charger - driving to aberystwyth monday, with TomTom, whats a good 6 hour total journey, dont think the phone would last that long!

Guest pdaxtras

Just got off the phone to O retentions. Good news is I can have an m500 as a free upgrade on my ÂŁ25 / month account - Hooray :)

Bad news is they have no information on its compatibility with line 2. They are checking it out and getting back to me with an answer apparently.

I've brought this up a few times here but does anyone have one of these with a line 2 account or know anything about using line 2 on the m500?

If I can't use line 2 then I can't have it so would really appreciate any info anyone has on this

PS Dade did you have any luck testing this on yours?

Guest digger

Just a suggestion, but maybe when contacting OCS. Get the name of the person you are talking to and post here if they gave a free upgrade or wanted charge for it.

Then when someone else phones if they get the unelightened ones, they can call back later.

Guest RazorD
Just a suggestion, but maybe when contacting OCS. Get the name of the person you are talking to and post here if they gave a free upgrade or wanted charge for it.

Then when someone else phones if they get the unelightened ones, they can call back later.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trouble is, if we do something like that they're more likely to stop anyone doing it...

Guest Flash
Just got off the phone to O retentions. Good news is I can have an m500 as a free upgrade on my £25 / month account - Hooray  :)

Bad news is they have no information on its compatibility with line 2. They are checking it out and getting back to me with an answer apparently.

I've brought this up a few times here but does anyone have one of these with a line 2 account or know anything about using line 2 on the m500?

If I can't use line 2 then I can't have it so would really appreciate any info anyone has on this

PS Dade did you have any luck testing this on yours?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the M500 doesn't support Line 2 :D

Guest Behold

It will not support line 2 i have line two and it will not work. it can accept a call from it but the VM can't be got with out calling your own number and calling out from it is impossible..... there may be someone thats writen some software but as standard it will not....

Guest pdaxtras

Thanks Behold, that's the kind of difinitive answer I was looking for. You say its not possible to switch to line 2 and therefore can't dial out, this is fine for me as I only use it for incoming calls. Would you know if someone had left a voice message on line 2 so you could dial up the voicemail box?

I take it as it does not support line 2 that the little voicemail tape recorder symbol will not come up??

If there was some way of knowing that I had a voicemail then I would happily just dial my number to get into the voicebox.

Orange have said I can have one for a free trial to see if I can work this out so I think i'll do that.

Guest I. C. Monsters

Just in case anyone was still worrying, my M500 did eventually turn up yesterday. What a super little device it is!

Guest davem

A word of warning to anyone who ordered from OSPS around the end of June/beginning of July. Call them and make sure the order is still live, I called to chase mine, and had to regive my card details, as the order had gone dead

Guest Behold
Thanks Behold, that's the kind of difinitive answer I was looking for. You say its not possible to switch to line 2 and therefore can't dial out, this is fine for me as I only use it for incoming calls. Would you know if someone had left a voice message on line 2 so you could dial up the voicemail box?

I take it as it does not support line 2 that the little voicemail tape recorder symbol will not come up??

If there was some way of knowing that I had a voicemail then I would happily just dial my number to get into the voicebox.

Orange have said I can have one for a free trial to see if I can work this out so I think i'll do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ill run a few tests later today for you and give a final report.

Hope this will help.

Guest RazorD
Can anybody confirm what version of Media Player is installed with the M500?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its WMP10, perfect for watching the Live bigbrother feeds from channel 4, as my mum discovered...

-Raz

Guest furby

Sent an e-mail to mobilephoneshop to see if they'll match the deal at OSPS. Seen as the deal is good at osps but not the greatest service. Will post back when they reply

edit/ Pants. They said they couldn't match it. But I'm a patient man, might wait is out

Edited by Furby™

Guest awalsh

Just spoken to OSPS, they still havent got stock and no idea of a delivery date. This is from customer support, not sales.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my mobileshop order.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.